Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
dhardawa
DIS Veteran

Southwest - How Many People Per Group?

Does anyone know how many people there are per boarding group? At exactly 24 hours, I got our boarding passes and we got A36, A38, and A39 (yeah, not sure what happened to A37, but no one is getting between me and my kids). My dad got his passes seconds behind me and he is B3 and B4. For some reason, I thought there were 60 per group, but I can't imagine 20+ people got boarding passes in those few seconds.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
floydfamily4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhardawa View Post
Does anyone know how many people there are per boarding group? At exactly 24 hours, I got our boarding passes and we got A36, A38, and A39 (yeah, not sure what happened to A37, but no one is getting between me and my kids). My dad got his passes seconds behind me and he is B3 and B4. For some reason, I thought there were 60 per group, but I can't imagine 20+ people got boarding passes in those few seconds.

Just flew and there were 60 in each letter. You could hold 1 seat for your dad (I heard an agent tell someone to do that).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
PatsMom
Sometimes has Dory moments!
I have two brothers and either of them would have been proud to be suspended for stinking up the bus

Official word from SW is that saving seats is not allowed. I've heard flight attendants tell a number of people that. If you go to the back of the plane the odds are better that no one will be seated in the row across from you or in front of or behind you when Dad gets on.

I wouldn't be all wound up about "no one is getting between me and my kids" either. When you line up to board, they group you by a pole and each group of five numbers is assigned a pole. So you and your kids will be at the same pole. If number A37 shows up and wants to line up strictly numerically, just let him or her in front of you. Not a big deal.
September 1996 - Fort Wilderness (DD and DH's first trip) October 1999 - Fort Wilderness November 2001 - Fort Wilderness November 2004 - Fort Wilderness November 2005 - Saratoga Springs December 2006 - Saratoga Springs February 2007 - All Star Sports August 2007 - Boardwalk Villas November 2007 - Saratoga Springs February 2008 - Villas at the Wilderness Lodge August 2008 - Old Key West
December 2008 - Saratoga Springs February 2009 - Beach Club Villas September 2009 (50th birthday trip) - Bay Lake Tower January 2010 - Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) May 2010 - Old Key West September 2010 - Bay Lake Tower May 2011 - Beach Club Villas October 2011 - Saratoga Springs January 2012 - Old Key West May 2012 - Old Key West October 2012 - Old Key West January 2013 - Family gathering at Old Key West; May 2013 - Wilderness Lodge Villas; November 2013 - AKL Jambo House; February 2014 - Saratoga Springs
PatsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Yep - I saw a man about get in a fight with a flight attendant because she told him he couldn't save a seat for his girlfriend and had someone plop down next to him. I thought it was kind of ridiculous when that single person could easily have sat somewhere else.

On our way to WDW the last trip, we had A19-A21. A Mom and a young son were A17 and A18, but the 10 year old got separated and was A23. The Mom put the little girl behind Mr. A22 and told her not to worry that there were only a few people between them and they would save her a seat on the plane. I told the little girl just to get in front of us as we were 3 of the 4 seats between them, it didn't bother us, and she should be with her Mom. Mr. A22 actually got irritated and said it bothered him. When everyone around him looked at him like he was crazy, he said he was joking, but I'm not so sure.

We love Southwest and usually fly them, but we've decided with their new deal that you can pay the extra fee and board ahead of everyone else (except the business select), we probably won't fly them anymore. What happens if most everyone on the flight pays for the early bird boarding? We are the type that always check in exactly 24 hours before the flight. I don't see where there is any way to tell how far back you will be in boarding the plane with the new deal. If someone knows anything about that, I'd love to hear it.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
disneyfan97
Mouseketeer

We just flew SW last weekend. There are 60 people in each group. I checked in 3 of us (separately) and we were split by at least one person each. My DS and I just got in line together (yeah, he's 2.5 - he's not standing in line alone...I don't care what anyone in between us thinks!!) at the lowest number. The lady in between us said to just go in front of her at our highest number. Very nice of her - though in hindsight, she may have wanted to see where we sat so she could get far, far away!!! Put one of your kids in the seat that you want your Dad to have and leave the middle seat open on your row until he gets there. There's no way that anyone in the A group is going to want that middle seat and then you can just move your kid over a seat to let your Dad have the aisle. Have fun!!
disneyfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #6
tscrapper
Mouseketeer

Thinking about SW but no flights for end of March yet. Thanks for the info.

Disneyland 2004 WDW 2010 Disneyland with 4 crazy Senior Girl Scouts WDW 2015
tscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhardawa View Post
I wouldn't worry about the 'no one getting between me and my kids' I'm sure that A37 will be more than happy to get in front of you to allow you to be together. I certainly wouldn't expect him or her to allow 2 people in front of him/her though....
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: