Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #16
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Where do you guys GET all this stuff???
Is it magnets! I can't imagine you could use stickers...but are the doors magnetic???

I never knew people did this. I'm so new to this whole Disney cruising thing!
Have you ever had anything stolen and do MOST doors have this???
I have nothing to put on when we go

Disney On A Dime! WHERE DID YOU GET STITCH!!!!
what can I say.....I'm a stitch addict....need more stitchy things....no mum you can't get too many stitch pins...I know I'm 27...I don't care...I want stitch...
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #17
3Bells
Mouseketeer

double post -sorry

Last edited by 3Bells; 09-12-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: double post
3Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2009, 12:09 AM   #18
3Bells
Mouseketeer

Disney Wonder Room 7068: June 4, 2009

Nov 2003: Grand Californian
Nov 2005: Grand Floridian
Jun 2007: Grand Californian
Jun 2009: Disney Wonder and Grand Floridian
3Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #19
stlkeeler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
Where do you guys GET all this stuff???
Is it magnets! I can't imagine you could use stickers...but are the doors magnetic??? No, they're metal. There is a DISign forum over on the main page, way down at the bottom under the "Just for Fun" section. Find something you like and ask if someone can personalize it - or not. There is no charge for this. Save it to your computer and print it out. Put magnets on the back and you have a magnet for your door. But be careful - it's very addicting! Just like everything associated with the Mouse!

I never knew people did this. I'm so new to this whole Disney cruising thing!
Have you ever had anything stolen and do MOST doors have this??? I have read that sometimes things do get "lifted." But I have not had anything happen to mine in two cruises. No, MOST doors do NOT have these decorations. We do it just for fun and to make it a bit easier to find your room in that looooong hallway of look-a-like doors.
I have nothing to put on when we go You can also get the Mickey heads from Home Depot, cut them out and put a magnet on them. You can put your names on them and tape curling ribbon on them and pull the ribbons together to make like a bunch of balloons. Be creative and have fun!

Disney On A Dime! WHERE DID YOU GET STITCH!!!!
what can I say.....I'm a stitch addict....need more stitchy things....no mum you can't get too many stitch pins...I know I'm 27...I don't care...I want stitch...
Linda
2000-June HAL Rotterdam 12 day Baltic+London & Paris 2008-June DCL 4 day Bahama Double Dip 2009-May DCL 7 day Western 2010-April DCL 14 day EBTA 2011-June DCL 5 day Bahama Double Dip 2012-May Carnival Dream 7 day Eastern+2 days WDW Pop Century
stlkeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:08 AM   #20
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Thanks so much Linda.
You guys have AMAZING decorations.
I can't do it now but I will have a couple weeks off before we leave so I will go hunting then This will be so much more fun than packing
Old 09-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #21
krazy4crusing
Zippadeedodah!

These doors are awesome!! Great ideas.

I just went to the UPS store and had our disigns (all from the cruise magnet thread) printed in colour on cardstock. There are 15 in all so I hope that is enough. They only cost 60 cents each and they look amazing!!! I am going to go to Home Depot too and grab a few small Mickey heads for extra stuff. I love the idea of making them into balloons.

I also went to Michaels and bought some of the pre painted wooden pirate/beach decorations. DH and I put some magnets on the back and voila!!! They look great

Do clingy plastic window decorations stick to the doors? I am using them to decorate my window at WDW so if they will work I may have a few more items for the door!!

I am going to need 50 suitcases to get all our stuff down to the Dis!!!

Last edited by krazy4crusing; 09-12-2009 at 09:47 PM.
krazy4crusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #22
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4crusing View Post
These doors are awesome!! Great ideas.

I just went to the UPS store and had our disigns (all from the cruise magnet thread) printed in colour on cardstock. There are 15 in all so I hope that is enough. They only cost 60 cents each and they look amazing!!!
Great Idea! Card would be fantastic and much more stable. I got some cheap photo paper so I'm also thinking of printing onto there as well to then stick onto magnets as the surface will be better. I hope our pathetic OfficeWorks store has something magnetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4crusing View Post
I am going to need 50 suitcases to get all our stuff down to the Dis!!!
Tell me about it...I have been onto one of the just for fun designer boards as well as the cruise magnets and already gotten heaps of blanks and customized!
What have you done to me!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #23
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

July 25 2009 7-night Western

July 25 2009 7-night Western:

Quote:
Where do you guys GET all this stuff??? Is it magnets! I can't imagine you could use stickers...but are the doors magnetic???
Yes, the doors are magnetic. DCL doesn't want you to put "stickers" on the doors (for obvious reasons, ie hard to remove), but anything magnetic will do just fine. Some people print designs to card stock and stick "strip" magnets to the back. Others laminate their designs and use strip magnets on the back. Others still (us included) use our inkjet printer to print designs onto magnet-backed paper, available at many office supply stores (Staples, Office Max, etc.)

Quote:
Have you ever had anything stolen and do MOST doors have this???
I've only done it once, but nothing was stolen. I'm sure it happens, but I'm not too worried about it.

Most doors DO NOT have decorations. Some will have "happy anniversary" or "happy birthday" on them (I think supplied by DCL), and I've seen quite a few DVC magnets (provided by DVC?), but most doors are not decorated.

Quote:
That describes all three of my daughters...

4n Bahamas July 2008, 7n Western Carib July 2009,
15n Panama Canal Jan 2011, 7n Mexican Riviera Sept 2011

Last edited by wideeyedwonder; 09-12-2009 at 11:54 PM.
wideeyedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #24
DisneyMom2008
Mouseketeer

Did you just print your designs at home and have someone at the UPS Store put them on cardstock? I would love to decorate our door but have no clue where to begin. I did find a few designs I like and someone personalized them but nedd to get them into signs fast, we cruise in 2 weeks.
DisneyMom2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #25
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

From our last cruise. We had connecting staterooms:

WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #26
KSFrogge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom2008 View Post
Did you just print your designs at home and have someone at the UPS Store put them on cardstock? I would love to decorate our door but have no clue where to begin. I did find a few designs I like and someone personalized them but nedd to get them into signs fast, we cruise in 2 weeks.
Hi! I have done both - card stock and magnet sheets.

The magnet sheets (picked up at Office Max) are WAY easier (just print them out on the printer) but a lot more expensive. I think some people have bought them through Ebay cheaper - but I just went and bought five 8"x11" sheets in a pack - Avery brand - for $9.95.

For the card stock ones, I bought a large pack of SelfSeal laminating sheets (also at OfficeMax) and card stock at Michaels (in the scrapbooking section), and some adhesive magnetic strips (Michaels). I printed the designs onto cardstock, and stuck the laminate sheets on each side, and trimmed to fit. Then I stuck the magnetic strips on the back. More time consuming, but cheaper than the magnet sheets and they look GREAT!

Have fun!

DH DS DD DS
10/2005 RCCL Explorer of the Seas - 7 night Eastern
10/2009 Disney Magic - 7 night Eastern
6/2011 Disney Dream - 5 night Double Dip
KSFrogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #27
krazy4crusing
Zippadeedodah!

I put the images onto a flash drive and took it to the store. The owner opened them up on the computer and sent them to the printer. They came out amazing!!! I can't believe the quality of the pictures. They can be laminated but I am just going to leave them as is. We are going to put peel and stick magnets on the back when we get on the ship and put them on the door.

As far as the magnet paper goes... I bought 3 sheets for $9.99 at Michaels and used a 40% off coupon so they only cost $6.00. It was a good deal but I took them back because the above idea worked much better and was much cheaper in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom2008 View Post
Old 09-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #28
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Here's Ours

There is some really nice work here. We got carried away and had a different set for each day. A few would come and go. Some were specifically for that day. Only one stayed up all week. We had a lot of fun putting these together

(Click to enlarge)

Right after boarding (Day 0)
Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Last Morning (Day 7)
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #29
DisneyWhirled
DIS Veteran

Great doors, everyone! Here is ours...

Old 09-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #30
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Here ours:

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote