Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #211
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2011 View Post
I have read here on the boards that the magnets that you glue on the back do not work well because when you open and shut the door they tend to fall off. I purchased some of the printable magnet sheets at Michaels craft store. Hope this helps. dream2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanders79 View Post
I purchased magnetic sheet rolls (see above post) printed out the graphics at Target's 1 hour photo. Then affixed the pictures to the sheet and cut them out with an exacto knife.
Thank you both very much! So I can either purchase the rolls or the actual sheets, affix my picture to the sheet and cut out. I would prefer to use the color copier printer at work since the copies come out much better than my printer at home so I can print there and then glue to the sheet and cut out, is this correct. If so, even better for me, I can do it all at work LOL
Old 08-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #212
kimistry6
DIS Veteran

I am really enjoying looking at everyone's doors. We have never cruised before and I want to surprise my boys with a few door decorations. I just have to decide which Mickey ears I want and a couple name magnets.
kimistry6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #213
ssanders79
NO FLASH photography means just that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Thank you both very much! So I can either purchase the rolls or the actual sheets, affix my picture to the sheet and cut out. I would prefer to use the color copier printer at work since the copies come out much better than my printer at home so I can print there and then glue to the sheet and cut out, is this correct. If so, even better for me, I can do it all at work LOL
Consider having your graphics printed at a 1 hour photo, they will hold up much better than a color printer. I fit our graphics on 2 8x10 prints and sent them to target 1 hour photo. Doing it this way will also give you the option to get a glossy look. Depending on what stores you have in your area you can get an 8x10 for anywhere under $3 each.

I do this all the time to save on my color printer ink.

ssanders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #214
js

Quote:
Consider having your graphics printed at a 1 hour photo, they will hold up much better than a color printer. I fit our graphics on 2 8x10 prints and sent them to target 1 hour photo. Doing it this way will also give you the option to get a glossy look. Depending on what stores you have in your area you can get an 8x10 for anywhere under $3 each.

I do this all the time to save on my color printer ink.
Thank you. So, you mean getting the graphic (ie., picture) printed at the Target. It will look like a "real glossy picture" Then, I take that picture and affix it to my magnetic paper.
Is this correct?
Please type slowly since I don't seem to be understanding this too correctly
Old 08-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #215
ssanders79
NO FLASH photography means just that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Thank you. So, you mean getting the graphic (ie., picture) printed at the Target. It will look like a "real glossy picture" Then, I take that picture and affix it to my magnetic paper.
Is this correct?
Please type slowly since I don't seem to be understanding this too correctly
Here is a link for the magnetic sheets. We used 1 ft x 2 ft sheet.
https://www.promagproducts.com/catal...ku9al8eu2l0hl2

It also comes in 8"x10".

Step 1 - Get your graphic/image ready
Step 2 - upload the image to a 1 hour photo place (I used Target via Shutterfly.com)

The photo lab will print your image/graphic just as they would any other photograph. (note: while I've never received and issues about printing you might run into a shop not wanting to print Disney graphics. Just go to another location.)

Step 3 - Unroll your magnetic sheet and try to flatten it out. You might need to reverse roll it to get it to lay flat or put a book on it for a few minutes.

Step 4 - Peel back just enough of the protective sheet on the magnetic paper and place your first picture.

At this point I put a sheet of paper on top to protect the image and used a rolling pin to get out any air bubbles and make sure there was good adhesion. Similar to the way a roller is used when laminate counter-tops are installed.

Step 5 - Cut out your designs. The magnetic sheets are quite easy to cut in fact they can easily tear so be careful.

Last edited by ssanders79; 12-13-2010 at 08:30 AM.
ssanders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #217
js

Quote:
Step 1 - Get your graphic/image ready
Step 2 - upload the image to a 1 hour photo place (I used Target via Shutterfly.com)

The photo lab will print your image/graphic just as they would any other photograph. (note: while I've never received and issues about printing you might run into a shop not wanting to print Disney graphics. Just go to another location.)

Step 3 - Unroll your magnetic sheet and try to flatten it out. You might need to reverse roll it to get it to lay flat or put a book on it for a few minutes.

Step 4 - Peel back just enough of the protective sheet on the magnetic paper and place your first picture.

At this point I put a sheet of paper on top to protect the image and used a rolling pin to get out any air bubbles and make sure there was good adhesion. Similar to the way a roller is used when laminate counter-tops are installed.

Step 5 - Cut out your designs. The magnetic sheets are quite easy to cut in fact they can easily tear so be careful.
Thank you very much LOL I now understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
@ JS.
MommaMouse, your post made me smile
Old 08-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #218
MommaMouse411
Always dreaming of Disney

@ JS...lol I'm the same way..I was trying to read instructions for the NO SEW fish extender..ha...I didn't understand what she was saying.
MommaMouse411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #219
MakinMemories4MyKids
Mouseketeer

Anyone have pictures of their Cabin door (magnets)

I'd like to see some creative door pictures. Anybody want to share their pictures?
MakinMemories4MyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #220
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinMemories4MyKids View Post
I'd like to see some creative door pictures. Anybody want to share their pictures?
There is a super long thread already on this subject.....I will try to find it for you. If I do I will either delete this thread or merge the two.

Ok....found it and merged the two threads....

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Last edited by mmouse37; 09-03-2010 at 05:01 PM.
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #221
jsolar
Mouseketeer

I want to post a photo, but I'm not sure how. Can someone help?
Thanks

Disney Cruise: Fantasy,6/27/15, Fantasy, 6/29/13, Fantasy, 6/23/12, Fantasy, 7/5/11, Dream, 8/17/10, Wonder, 8/22/09, Magic
Disney World: Disney's Beach Club, 06/27/14, Pop Century Resort, 6/24/05, All Star Sports Resort, 01/05/96, Polynesian Resort, 09/08/87
jsolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #222
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsolar View Post
Thanks
I upload my photos to www.photobucket.com. You can organize them into albums too. It will list several links to click on for each photo depending on how you'd like to share them such as email, web page, etc.

You'll want to copy and paste the code that starts with IMG. If you're not sure that you're doing it correctly, you can always click on "Preview Post" to see what it will look like instead of "Submit Reply".

I hope this makes sense. I'm still drinking my morning coffee.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #223
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsolar View Post
Thanks
You don't have to use photobucket if you already upload your pics to a site like Shutterfly or Snapfish - you can just go to your account & open the album / pic you want & right click on it. Once it's open, highlight & copy the "properties" code & paste that info. into the little pic above here on the DIS that looks like a mountain with a yellow background & sun in it. Before you close the dialog box scroll back to the beginning of the line & make sure you only have http:// in there once. If it appears 2x then delete one of them. I always do "preview" before I post to make sure I got it right & if it's messed up I can still edit it before I finish the post.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #224
Mom2Kaylee
DCL, DVC, & WDW Addict

The doors all look great! Cant wait till our first cruise next July!!

Mom2Kaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #225
Yunchman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
Many, many thanks to tjbaggott, ******, millipie and shadowryter (and whoever did the ears - unfortunately I've forgotten your name) who made our door on the Inaugural Baltic Cruise look like this

And this

And this

And for my birthday

And providing the inspiration for this

Thanks all of you
Can I ask who made or where to get the pooh mickey head? Are there other characters available? TIA! Great DOOR!

Yunchman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: