Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
Dizneydawn
One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna Come too?

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Talking October Dis Meet at Mall Of America/ Minnesota

Hi!

I am planning a Dis Gathering in Minnesota (Twin Cities area)for all those interested! Plans are for Mid October (either the weekend of the 17th or the 24th) and include a Mall Of America outing, (shopping plus some fun activities) a dinner out to a loud German restaurant like the Biergarten in Epcot and maybe we can throw in things like a spa session or haunted hayride since we can't be at MNSSHP!

Myself and a Dis'er from Iowa are planning this and would love a head count for those who are interested! We will get hotels arranged for those who want one and help coordinate the rest of the details so all you have to do is show up and have fun in whatever activities you want to participate in!

Please respond here and I will send you a P.M. with details and get your info as well!

Thanks and hope many of you can come!!!

Last edited by Dizneydawn; 09-11-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Dizneydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Hello! I could meet on Oct (17?), 23, 24, or 25th...I would prefer sat the 24th...greetings from St. Paul! I have never checked this forum, what luck. When Pete was thinking about doing a dis meet here last year there was a thread on the podcast forum of "people from MN checking in" or something similar, you should find that thread and see if those ppl are interested???? It was a few pages long.

Last edited by jessrose18; 09-11-2009 at 11:14 AM.
jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
Hello! I could meet on Oct 17, 23, 24, or 25th...greetings from St. Paul! I have never checked this forum, what luck. When Pete was thinking about doing a dis meet here last year there was a thread on the podcast forum of "people from MN checking in" or something similar, you should find that thread and see if those ppl are interested???? It was a few pages long.
Fantastic info! I will try and find that thread. Any idea when it was posted last year? Sometimes I have zero luck with the search engine!

I have actually never been here before either so it mst be meant to be! Usually I am on the Trip Thread or Wish board!

I see you have a trip comming up soon! I am so jealous! I have to wait till December!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ht=minneapolis

I searched Minneapolis and it came up! Maybe you could post on the bottom of the old thread and some people would still be subscribed to it! Yes, trip is fast approaching can't wait...we are going on podcast cruise next December, never been that time of year, very excited!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
briandancer
I (heart) Disney!

I'd be interested in attending with my wife. We'll be at WDW on the 17th, though, but the other weekend sounds great. =)
briandancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Snork
Mouseketeer

Hello. You can count me in. I live about 5 minutes from MOA.
Oct 4-8, 2004 POR. Oct 4-11, 2005 CSR. Jan 20-24, 2006 CBR. Sept 29-Oct 6, 2006 POR. Sept 22-Oct 2, 2007 POP. Sept 19-29, 2008 POP. Sept 25-Oct 5, 2009 POP. Sept 24-Oct 4, 2010, POP. Feb 25-Mar 7, 2011 ASMu and the Dream. Dec 3-11, 2011 POP. Nov 2-12, 2012 Dream and AoA. April 20, 2013. Now we live 15 minutes from Epcot.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #7
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ht=minneapolis

I searched Minneapolis and it came up! Maybe you could post on the bottom of the old thread and some people would still be subscribed to it! Yes, trip is fast approaching can't wait...we are going on podcast cruise next December, never been that time of year, very excited!
I posted it there - hopefully it will get some others to find out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by briandancer View Post
I'd be interested in attending with my wife. We'll be at WDW on the 17th, though, but the other weekend sounds great. =)
Thanks for your schedule - I think it will be that second weekend.

I know some people will be comming from out of state and some in the area.

What is everybody's opinion on having a weekend of activities and then people who can come to multiple events can do so or those who want just one can pick that as well.

Or other option is do a Saturday only event.

Thoughts please!

Old 09-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Awesome!

I am also thinking if we get enough people - we can order shirts if there is interest!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #9
wildfan1473
DIS Veteran

This is so funny you're doing this, I was thinking just last week about how Pete abandoned us on coming for a meet.

I'd be interested in doing it that second weekend, I will also be in Disney until the 17th. I think alot of people will be gone that weekend due to the MEA break.

I think just a 1 day thing would probably be enough, or maybe a dinner or cocktails on Friday night and then the main meet on Saturday.
wildfan1473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post

We will be in the world at the same time, celebrating our 5 year anniversary too!

I just made this DIS shirt for my trip, now I will have an excuse to wear it at home
Old 09-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #11
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfan1473 View Post
This is so funny you're doing this, I was thinking just last week about how Pete abandoned us on coming for a meet.
good timing I guess!
I'd be interested in doing it that second weekend, I will also be in Disney until the 17th. I think alot of people will be gone that weekend due to the MEA break.
Totally true!
I think just a 1 day thing would probably be enough, or maybe a dinner or cocktails on Friday night and then the main meet on Saturday.
Thanks for your vote!
Quote:
We will be in the world at the same time, celebrating our 5 year anniversary too!

I just made this DIS shirt for my trip, now I will have an excuse to wear it at home

That is great! Maybe we can make this an annual or semi-annual thing!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #12
jo
Earning My Ears

HI!

Sorry I had to cut our conversation short. Kayla was lost - go Figure!

I agree that maybe Friday night cocktails somewhere would be nice - and then Saturday at the mall, and the German restaurant sounds like a great idea to me!

You had also mentioned a haunted hayrack ride? Maybe this could also be an option after dinner at the German Restaurant, depending on driving distance, etc.

I will be talking to you soon, I'm sure.

jo
jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #13
grizzlymd

Sounds great!

What a great idea, and how spectacular that you are willing to do this. We certainly would be interested. Friday night would work at this point. We have a football game around noon on the 24th, but would be free later in the day.
VWL with friends - 03/05
Beach Club with family - 03/06
OKW - 06/09 (with sidetrip to Universal)
Vero Beach - 07/11
Aulani - 12/11
grizzlymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlymd View Post
What a great idea, and how spectacular that you are willing to do this. We certainly would be interested. Friday night would work at this point. We have a football game around noon on the 24th, but would be free later in the day.
Hi! Hope you can make it to some events!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #15
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Here is the Preliminary Itinerary so far!

Friday night: drinks/app's/dinner at Las Margaritas - Cottage Grove
They do not have a website but here is one review I have found - have eaten there many times and beyond great experience! All positive reviews from friends as well.
http://www.w00dz.com/las-margaritas-cottage-grove-mn/

Haunted Hayride after - Cottage Grove
Here is the link: (if we have 20 people we get $2 off PP)http://www.hauntingexperience.com/info.html

***I wanted a neutral place right off 694/494 and 94 is super close as well. There will be some people traveling and staying in hotels near the MOA so needs to be convenient for them.

Next Up:

Saturday - MOA afternoon - Scavenger Hunt and shopping
Sat evening - dinner with a German Flair! It is Oktoberfest so a ton of fun! Under the events tab is more info on their site!
http://www.gasthofzg.com/index.html

Again - if you want to attend any of the events that would be awesome! I will need a head count for things like the dinner for Sat evening soon as they will fill up fast that time of year.

We also will need to book the hayride as a group discount in order to save $2.00 off per person if we get 20 or more people.

Both nights are open to couples and or single parties - bring Disney fan friends - I know I have older kids that might want to participate in some events.

FYI: I will tell you that the haunted hayride is very dark and scary so if you are considering taking a child - know that ahead of time. I have seen young teens come out in tears that thought it would be a babyish experience. They cannot touch you but it is not for the faint of heart.
I will go but spend most of my time burrying my eyes in Jo's shirt - just letting ya know Jo!

Last edited by Dizneydawn; 09-11-2009 at 09:01 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: