Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #121
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Is anyone else on this board staying at WDW CL with dates that correspond with the 10/27 ADR booking date?

We're staying in March, so our ADR date is 10/27, along with TONS of other people.

Anyone else worried about being able to get "anything" in that timeframe? I'm envisioning IPO offices being overwhelmed, the Disney dining computers crashing... and general chaos.
My 90-days would be 11/4 so I'm one of those who might be "crashing" the Disney dining site on 10/27!!

I'm actually going to stay optimistic and hope for the best. (It doesn't hurt that I have Don & crew on my side, making the ADRs for me that morning! ) When I asked Don what his feelings were about the big day, he calmly replied "Well, it will be a busy couple of days!" If he's not worried, I'm not worried!!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #122
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuperwendy View Post
ADR question...

We are staying 2 nights/ 3 days at Jambo CL. On the third day we move to Kidani to meet up with friends. We won't be starting our dining plan until that day. Would the IPO team still book ADRs for me even they only start the day I check out of CL?
It's not their job to book your ADRs for the days that you are not staying club level. When we have split-stays, I've always been asked if the 2nd stay is CL, too, before they want to book the rest of my ADRs. Having said that, you may get lucky and get a nice CM on a not-so-busy day who may be willing to take the time to book them for you. It's just not something that you can expect from them.

I hope you enjoy your time at AKL -- it's wonderful there!
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #123
byrd328
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Byrd,

Thanks for your review of AKL CL. I'm sorry you didn't find it to your liking. My family and I love the lounge, the food up there, the espresso machine, and the extra service we get. I guess it's just not for everyone... We were just there in August and they were still putting out plenty of food -- I hope they aren't cutting back...

Glad to hear that you liked the Sunrise Safari, though. AKL is an amazing resort, isn't it?
I think they may have cut back..it was actually the topic of conversation one night with a few other families. They indicated that it has changed since they were last there, but I had nothing to compare it to, except outside hotel club level services..I did like the lounge, I guess I was just expecting much more...

The resort is beautiful!! I was very impressed and equally happy with my decision to stay there instead of Poly. Poly seemed very busy the night we were there and seems to get a lot of traffic from other resorts, even by the pool. I was worried about the travel distance but never even noticed. The rooms were on the small side, but large enough for a family of 4.

Sanaa was excellent and my daughter loved Simbas Club House! I think Disney has really out done themselves. I had an opportunity to talk with the animal curator after the sunrise safari and tell him how impressed I was. I'm very suprised this resort isn't rank higher by some of the top travel companies...
__________________
Byrd

AKL Club Level-Sept. 2009
byrd328 is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #124
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
My 90-days would be 11/4 so I'm one of those who might be "crashing" the Disney dining site on 10/27!!

I'm actually going to stay optimistic and hope for the best. (It doesn't hurt that I have Don & crew on my side, making the ADRs for me that morning! ) When I asked Don what his feelings were about the big day, he calmly replied "Well, it will be a busy couple of days!" If he's not worried, I'm not worried!!
I've spoken to Don as well, since that's where we plan to be staying. He seemed fairly confident, but when you add up how many months' worth of people now have 10/27 as their ADR date (instead of taking them one-day-at-a-time like they are now) I keep envisioning some sort of nightmare.

The only reason I'm not totally stressed about this is that I have Don to help me and (except for the Sunrise Safari, which isn't part of the big Disney reservation system), none of my requests would be deal-breakers if we couldn't get them.

Still, all the IPO offices will probably be overwhelmed that morning anyway. Glad I'm not the only one who asked Don about this!
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #125
ead79
Disney Bride!
Wants the perfect pancake pan
Really likes a lot of NSYNC's songs
I hope my new job isn't like the movie "Office Space"
 
ead79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Marietta, GA, USA
Posts: 13,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
My 90-days would be 11/4 so I'm one of those who might be "crashing" the Disney dining site on 10/27!!

I'm actually going to stay optimistic and hope for the best. (It doesn't hurt that I have Don & crew on my side, making the ADRs for me that morning! ) When I asked Don what his feelings were about the big day, he calmly replied "Well, it will be a busy couple of days!" If he's not worried, I'm not worried!!
I too am wondering about the 10/27 ADR mess, LOL. I won't be staying CL on that trip, so I'll have to be up at the crack of dawn myself. My guess is that Disney's computers will crash, but then at least no one else can make ADRs while I can't. I think patience and persistence will be key. Also, the up side is that not everyone will be trying for the same dates as you are (since so many dates open up at once).
__________________
Elisabeth
ead79 is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #126
KimDis
Belle of The Ball
 
KimDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNesbitt View Post
I am staying CL at the BWI in about 45 days. They have not contacted me and I have not contacted them, how crazy is that? Should I contact them? Do I need to contact them? I made all the ADRs and have all the tickets for the parks and events. What else could they help with?
If you're using Magical Express I think they will send your tags to you. I'd call and share my travel arrangements with them - especially if you need more than one bag tag per person they can send you extra.
__________________
1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC
KimDis is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 01:39 AM   #127
KimDis
Belle of The Ball
 
KimDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 430

And thanks so much RachelTori for all your work in pulling everything together and starting this awesome thread. Excellent resource already!
__________________
1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC
KimDis is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #128
ManitobaDad
Earning My Ears
 
ManitobaDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5

The IPO CM's at AKL are awesome!!!
I just got my e-mail with our ADR's and we got everything we wanted within 20 minutes of the times we requested. We arrive on December 20th (for 10 nights) and we were a little concerned that we might not get many of our requests but we got them all, except they had to change the day we are taking advantage of the Fantasmic Package (we are going on Christmas Eve instead of the 22nd, which is actually better anyways!!! I thought the Christmas Eve package would be harder to get)
ManitobaDad is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #129
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran
 
mousefan1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,130

Not sure if you guys remember, but I was quite nervous a few weeks ago about letting the Poly IPO book my ADR's for our Christmas trip. We are going December 17-26, and the 17th is the last day to check in and still get free dining so I was a bit worried. Anyway, due to your advice I made myself relax and let the IPO handle our ressies. We were in Disney last Friday, which was our 90 days. I checked my Blackberry every half hour or so, and got the email I was waiting for at 9:45 am as we were strolling through Epcot. They got everything we wanted, within 15 minutes of the time I requested! Even the Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose (although we requested the 20th but got the 22nd; not a big deal at all). I am very impressed and relieved, to say the least. So thank you to everyone who assured me things would be fine... you were right!
mousefan1972 is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 11:53 PM   #130
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManitobaDad View Post
The IPO CM's at AKL are awesome!!!
I just got my e-mail with our ADR's and we got everything we wanted within 20 minutes of the times we requested. We arrive on December 20th (for 10 nights) and we were a little concerned that we might not get many of our requests but we got them all, except they had to change the day we are taking advantage of the Fantasmic Package (we are going on Christmas Eve instead of the 22nd, which is actually better anyways!!! I thought the Christmas Eve package would be harder to get)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan1972 View Post
Not sure if you guys remember, but I was quite nervous a few weeks ago about letting the Poly IPO book my ADR's for our Christmas trip. We are going December 17-26, and the 17th is the last day to check in and still get free dining so I was a bit worried. Anyway, due to your advice I made myself relax and let the IPO handle our ressies. We were in Disney last Friday, which was our 90 days. I checked my Blackberry every half hour or so, and got the email I was waiting for at 9:45 am as we were strolling through Epcot. They got everything we wanted, within 15 minutes of the time I requested! Even the Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose (although we requested the 20th but got the 22nd; not a big deal at all). I am very impressed and relieved, to say the least. So thank you to everyone who assured me things would be fine... you were right!
I'm so glad that the IPO came through for both of you!!! IMO, this is one of the best benefits to staying club level -- without it, I don't think I would bother. Hope you both have great trips!
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 09-25-2009, 10:13 AM   #131
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I'm so glad that the IPO came through for both of you!!! IMO, this is one of the best benefits to staying club level -- without it, I don't think I would bother. Hope you both have great trips!
That's good to know. I'm on the fence about the CL thing. I really, really want to do it but of course, there is that cost factor I also have a hard time giving up control but if that's a good benefit, then I'll do it. I don't mind making my ADRs but it does take a good hour talking to them and letting someone else do it would be nice.
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline  
Old 09-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #132
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!
 
focusondisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sabre Land
Posts: 6,112

Hi!!

My DH & I were @ Yacht Club from 9/12-19th. Had a good time &wanted to post a few things. Our last club level stay was 2 yrs ago.

A few pages back there were a few posts about people not cleaning up after themselves. Well, there is now no place for you to do that in the lounge. The table that used to be there for you to put your dirty plates on is gone. There are more lounge CM"s there now & they clear & wipe the tables after you leave. We saw 3 CM's most mornings just working @ stocking foods & clearing the tables.

The club floor seemed pretty well booked, but we got a table on the mornings we ate in the lounge. Many families there as well as several people who were there for the large conference going on (could tell by the conference badges being worn.)

Definately noticed the decrease in variety of offerings since we first started staying club level about 5 yrs ago. Yes there was always something out & platters were refilled promptly, but we saw the same things offered over several nights: spring rolls; quesidillas; chicken skewers & bacon wrapped scallops. Different combinations of these on most nights we were there.

Breakfast was also the same everyday, only variety was a different "bread", banana bread, lemon poppyseed etc. we were on deluxe dining so ate breakfast @ Captain's Table several mornings for variety.

We were not there for dessert except for 1 night @ about 9:30. There were brownies & about 3 types of cookies out at that time.

Check in was good, Jessica was the CM & she was very cute! So young & enthusiastic!! I had forgotten to print my itinerary @ home with all my ADR nos. & asked if she could print up a list. Other years they have had this list waiting for us @ check in any way. But apparently with the "new system" she had to print out each ADR seperatly. She said they can no longer print them out on 1 sheet like they used to. But the poor girl clicked on each 1 & printed them all up for me (about 2 per day) with a smile & cheerful attitude!

Housekeeping was good. But evening turn down is done so early, most nights we didn't have it as we were still in the room getting ready for dinner. They do turn down from about 4-5 PM I think. But our room was cleaned every day before we came for our afternoon rest, so that's all we wanted. We didn't care about turn down much.

We also have a trip booked for Dec 13-18 & our 90 days out was while we were there. Luckily the IPO made all our arrangements for that trip without any problems. I had asked IPO if they could send the Dec itinerary to us @ the Yacht Club since we would be there on our 90 days, but they never did.I was able to check my e-mail that day from the conference center & checked the Dec. arrangements that way, instead.

As I said, we have stayed club level several times before & have the Dec stay coming up. I booked both these trips with the 35-40% off codes this year, but we will probably go back to regular rooms after this. I don't mind making my own arrangements & I just can't justify the cost anymore. The offerings aren't that great in the lounge. And we don't make any changes once we're there so we don't need they CMs for anything either. But we're glad for the stays we've had.

Sorry such a long post!! Just my thoughts!!
focusondisney is offline  
Old 09-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #133
livinlife25
DIS Veteran
 
livinlife25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd328 View Post
Hi All

Just back from AKL club level. The resort was amazing! When we arrived we were escorted up to club level for check in. The food selection was ok and very minimal. Things were not replenished and they wouldn't offer anything before they put it away, even if they saw you walking up. We used it mostly for drinks and breakfast. The hot dish every night was some type of meat stuffed pastry or another. I'm not so sure I would stay club level again, it didn't have that exclusive feel and the food selection wasn't that great. I would have prefered to pay for the deluxe dining. Our rooms were cleaned well everyday and we did get turndown service.

We did the sunrise safari which was excellent and the breakfast was equally as good. It was highlight of our trip...

I just got back a couple weeks ago and stayed AKL CL. While parts were nice and I'm glad I did it, not sure I would do it again. The food offerings were nothing like pictures I've seen in previous posters trips. we didnt need it, since we did deluxe dining, but aside from bagels in the morning and cheese and beer in the afternoon, that was all we really ate.
__________________
DH 33 Me 30 DS 3

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline  
Old 09-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #134
ClareH37
DIS Veteran
 
ClareH37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: in my own little world
Posts: 1,770

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Hi!!

My DH & I were @ Yacht Club from 9/12-19th. Had a good time &wanted to post a few things. Our last club level stay was 2 yrs ago.

A few pages back there were a few posts about people not cleaning up after themselves. Well, there is now no place for you to do that in the lounge. The table that used to be there for you to put your dirty plates on is gone. There are more lounge CM"s there now & they clear & wipe the tables after you leave. We saw 3 CM's most mornings just working @ stocking foods & clearing the tables.

The club floor seemed pretty well booked, but we got a table on the mornings we ate in the lounge. Many families there as well as several people who were there for the large conference going on (could tell by the conference badges being worn.)

Definately noticed the decrease in variety of offerings since we first started staying club level about 5 yrs ago. Yes there was always something out & platters were refilled promptly, but we saw the same things offered over several nights: spring rolls; quesidillas; chicken skewers & bacon wrapped scallops. Different combinations of these on most nights we were there.

Breakfast was also the same everyday, only variety was a different "bread", banana bread, lemon poppyseed etc. we were on deluxe dining so ate breakfast @ Captain's Table several mornings for variety.

We were not there for dessert except for 1 night @ about 9:30. There were brownies & about 3 types of cookies out at that time.

Check in was good, Jessica was the CM & she was very cute! So young & enthusiastic!! I had forgotten to print my itinerary @ home with all my ADR nos. & asked if she could print up a list. Other years they have had this list waiting for us @ check in any way. But apparently with the "new system" she had to print out each ADR seperatly. She said they can no longer print them out on 1 sheet like they used to. But the poor girl clicked on each 1 & printed them all up for me (about 2 per day) with a smile & cheerful attitude!

Housekeeping was good. But evening turn down is done so early, most nights we didn't have it as we were still in the room getting ready for dinner. They do turn down from about 4-5 PM I think. But our room was cleaned every day before we came for our afternoon rest, so that's all we wanted. We didn't care about turn down much.

We also have a trip booked for Dec 13-18 & our 90 days out was while we were there. Luckily the IPO made all our arrangements for that trip without any problems. I had asked IPO if they could send the Dec itinerary to us @ the Yacht Club since we would be there on our 90 days, but they never did.I was able to check my e-mail that day from the conference center & checked the Dec. arrangements that way, instead.

As I said, we have stayed club level several times before & have the Dec stay coming up. I booked both these trips with the 35-40% off codes this year, but we will probably go back to regular rooms after this. I don't mind making my own arrangements & I just can't justify the cost anymore. The offerings aren't that great in the lounge. And we don't make any changes once we're there so we don't need they CMs for anything either. But we're glad for the stays we've had.

Sorry such a long post!! Just my thoughts!!
Thanks for posting, this is what I now think too. I've stayed CL at BWI (still love it there though, the CMs are fantastic), GF (loved it there, but way way over priced IMHO but I did enjoy staying in the main building) and YC CL. The prices for the actual service involved with a Disney CL stay are getting crazier. I'm staying in a waterview room at the YC and having the DxDP for my next trip, and being a bit of a control freak it's probably better I do my own ADRs lol

Don't get me wrong, I will stay CL again, but TBH only if I get a discount, I will not pay rack rate for Disney CL again.
__________________

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
ClareH37 is offline  
Old 09-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #135
tigger137
"Smile and wave boys, just smile and wave ..."
 
tigger137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England ... but I'd rather be in Colorado
Posts: 1,333

We'll be staying CL at the Poly in January.
I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with please.

On our last day, after we've checked out, are we able to still use the lounge?
And is there somewhere in the Hawaii building to leave our luggage?

Our flight isn't until early evening, so it would be good to be able to relax in the lounge until we have to head to the airport.
tigger137 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Count Up Part 3 Deedee Star Games 3808 07-17-2012 04:32 PM
Angels around the world - part 5 million and 1 - the scottish take over barrett7890 Community Board 2244 05-20-2012 02:41 AM
09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 4! WDWLVR Disney Cruise Meets 3236 10-25-2010 12:14 AM
WW Weekly Weigh In--- Part 2 tiggerlover W.I.S.H 2347 10-07-2010 09:41 PM
The Dis Dad's Club II chillcoupons DIS Dads 4205 01-08-2010 02:48 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: