Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #106
billfatora
"Wishing I was there right now !"
 
billfatora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Reading. PA
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
I just don't get it with them. In my conversations with them they admitted that they had nothing to let them know that we were coming, but you'd think after that they'd email/fax wahtever to make sure they had our requests. Nothing. I have spoken on the phone with both Terri and Xio, but no follow up from tehm whatsoever. I received an emai lfrom Terri after I spoke with her to make sure they had my ADR requests, she said she was emailing the itinerary right then. It never arrived, I spoke with them again about getting a hard copy, oh we sent it out, still nothing. Finally Xio did email it to me, but The ADRs weren't right. I finally gave up after about 5 phone calls, realized that they were not going to keep checking, and just booked them myself.
WOW !
I don't get it ? ! ?
I have spoken to Terri on the phone a few times now, and to Xio (by the way, is "Xio" a male or a female ? ) by e-mail, more times then I can remember.... They have been on top of things from the very beginning; which, for me, was over 4 months ago (even though we don't arrive until 11/28/09) which is when I first notified them that we were booked B.C./C.L..
I have stayed "Club Level" many times over the years now, and at various Resorts: The B.C., The Y.C., The G.F., and, at my favorite resort, The C.R. several times; and I must tell you that I have never had a single problem or complaint, and - so far - this trip is no exception. The thread kinda' shocks me because things have been so good for me....
I'm so very sorry to hear that others are having problems because you are paying for the service - but more importantly - the great service that you can (and should) receive can certainly make a great vacation ... a fantastic vacation .
So sorry....
__________________
Bill & Debbie
Next Visit:12/01/12
The Beach Club Resort
billfatora is offline  
Old 09-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #107
DLo
DIS Veteran
 
DLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,279

ead79 -We love Suwanee. I cried when we left Marietta but now love our neighborhood over here. I will say though that traffic on certain roads is horrible but it is like that everywhere in metro Atlanta it seems.

rcraw45425 - i hope things get better before your trip. It can only get better at this point .
__________________
Me, DH, DS 19, DS 16, My DMom
several trips growing up - all offsite 1993 - off site with DH
Oct 2003 - Dolphin Oct 2004 - CBR Oct 2005 - AKL
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #108
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!
 
rcraw45425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus, GA, South of Atlanta
Posts: 11,084

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfatora View Post
WOW !
I don't get it ? ! ?
I have spoken to Terri on the phone a few times now, and to Xio (by the way, is "Xio" a male or a female ? ) by e-mail, more times then I can remember.... They have been on top of things from the very beginning; which, for me, was over 4 months ago (even though we don't arrive until 11/28/09) which is when I first notified them that we were booked B.C./C.L..
I have stayed "Club Level" many times over the years now, and at various Resorts: The B.C., The Y.C., The G.F., and, at my favorite resort, The C.R. several times; and I must tell you that I have never had a single problem or complaint, and - so far - this trip is no exception. The thread kinda' shocks me because things have been so good for me....
I'm so very sorry to hear that others are having problems because you are paying for the service - but more importantly - the great service that you can (and should) receive can certainly make a great vacation ... a fantastic vacation .
So sorry....
Xio is a woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post
ead79 -We love Suwanee. I cried when we left Marietta but now love our neighborhood over here. I will say though that traffic on certain roads is horrible but it is like that everywhere in metro Atlanta it seems.

rcraw45425 - i hope things get better before your trip. It can only get better at this point .
Thanks y'all. Luckily, we're not newbies, we make at least one trip a year, so I know enough to make my own ADRs, keep checking back, etc. If this was our first trip though, I shudder to think how our experience would be. I've held off booking CL in the past, not so much because of the cost, but I just didn't think we needed it to have a good trip, but with the rising cost of snack foods & drinks, and the convenience of not having to pack our own sodas and water, I'm thinking it'll be worth it. Plus, DH and the girls enjoy a small "something sweet" in the evening and younger DD likes to have something for breakfast, so I believe we will appreciate it.
__________________
Robin
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline  
Old 09-18-2009, 05:11 PM   #109
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,258

rcraw -- on the good side, I have nothing but praise for the CM's at the desks and in the lounge at the Beach Club. We really enjoyed the snacks and the services up there! So I think it's their IPO that's the weakest link -- it's all uphill from there.
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 09-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #110
MrsNesbitt
perpetually planning Disney trips
 
MrsNesbitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 50

I am staying CL at the BWI in about 45 days. They have not contacted me and I have not contacted them, how crazy is that? Should I contact them? Do I need to contact them? I made all the ADRs and have all the tickets for the parks and events. What else could they help with?
__________________


Next trip April 2012 Poly/BWI
Last trip Nov 2011 Aulani
MrsNesbitt is offline  
Old 09-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #111
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNesbitt View Post
I am staying CL at the BWI in about 45 days. They have not contacted me and I have not contacted them, how crazy is that? Should I contact them? Do I need to contact them? I made all the ADRs and have all the tickets for the parks and events. What else could they help with?
Room requests, ADRs, recreation reservations... they are also helpful if you have questions or need some advice since you don't have to wait on hold forever like on the regular line...

We stayed in CL several times without using the IPO office at all. There's no "need" to use them if you don't want to. Now I ask them to make all my ADRs and reservations for me.

Hope this helps!
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 09-19-2009, 12:14 AM   #112
mouskagirlie
Full-time Disney Dreamer
 
mouskagirlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1558.6mi nw of the castle
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
THat could be the problem. What got to me was the impression they gave that my stuff didn't matter. IT was like pulling teeth (southern term) to get any infor from them as to what services they could provide for me. After reading about the faxed forms I was a little surprised at the apathetic response I received . I'd say "well, what can you do for me?" and their response would be "oh, we can make your dining reservations, resreation reservations, stuff like that " not CAN we do anything for you?"

I had to laugh at the 'pulling teeth' comment. I use that one all the time (although I'm a northerner)... Yikes about your experience with IPO Although I did consider it I do think I am way too much of a nervous nellie to hand my adr's over to anyone. It would drive me nuts (no matter which IPO staff it was) to wait to hear from them on securing my adr's.
__________________
DH ME DS 8 DD 6



12/09: YC CL/WL CL (split stay) - celebration trip!
12/08 and 12/07: WL
12/00 and 12/98: CBR





mouskagirlie is offline  
Old 09-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #113
wdwluver
DIS Veteran
 
wdwluver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: MD 2 hrs. 10 minutes by plane from the World
Posts: 671

subscribing!
__________________
Every year, I "surprise" my family with a trip to Disney World Do you think they've caught on?
I've been visiting Disney since 1992. So far I've stayed at the OKW, SSR, GF, BWI , YC, Poly, CR, WL, AKL POR and FW Where next?

Last minute Turkey Day trip, 11-19-23

wdwluver is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #114
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,258

Is anyone else on this board staying at WDW CL with dates that correspond with the 10/27 ADR booking date?

We're staying in March, so our ADR date is 10/27, along with TONS of other people.

Anyone else worried about being able to get "anything" in that timeframe? I'm envisioning IPO offices being overwhelmed, the Disney dining computers crashing... and general chaos.
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #115
annakate27
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 211

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Is anyone else on this board staying at WDW CL with dates that correspond with the 10/27 ADR booking date?

We're staying in March, so our ADR date is 10/27, along with TONS of other people.

Anyone else worried about being able to get "anything" in that timeframe? I'm envisioning IPO offices being overwhelmed, the Disney dining computers crashing... and general chaos.
I have been wondering the same thing. We are thinking about going back in April for DD birthday so we would be in the same boat. Hoping everything goes ok!
__________________
Dreams do come true!!!

(Me) (DH) (DD 7)

annakate27 is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #116
byrd328
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 130

Hi All

Just back from AKL club level. The resort was amazing! When we arrived we were escorted up to club level for check in. The food selection was ok and very minimal. Things were not replenished and they wouldn't offer anything before they put it away, even if they saw you walking up. We used it mostly for drinks and breakfast. The hot dish every night was some type of meat stuffed pastry or another. I'm not so sure I would stay club level again, it didn't have that exclusive feel and the food selection wasn't that great. I would have prefered to pay for the deluxe dining. Our rooms were cleaned well everyday and we did get turndown service.

We did the sunrise safari which was excellent and the breakfast was equally as good. It was highlight of our trip...
__________________
Byrd

AKL Club Level-Sept. 2009
byrd328 is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #117
PKWallaby
DIS Veteran
 
PKWallaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Anytown, USA
Posts: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd328 View Post
Hi All

Just back from AKL club level. The resort was amazing! When we arrived we were escorted up to club level for check in. The food selection was ok and very minimal. Things were not replenished and they wouldn't offer anything before they put it away, even if they saw you walking up. We used it mostly for drinks and breakfast. The hot dish every night was some type of meat stuffed pastry or another. I'm not so sure I would stay club level again, it didn't have that exclusive feel and the food selection wasn't that great. I would have prefered to pay for the deluxe dining. Our rooms were cleaned well everyday and we did get turndown service.

We did the sunrise safari which was excellent and the breakfast was equally as good. It was highlight of our trip...
Glad to hear you enjoyed the resort and safari...we are contemplating a couple nights AKL concierge in February...would love to see some photos of room, view and anything else you deem important
__________________



Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow...
PKWallaby is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #118
byrd328
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKWallaby View Post
Glad to hear you enjoyed the resort and safari...we are contemplating a couple nights AKL concierge in February...would love to see some photos of room, view and anything else you deem important
I will post some pics later tonight or tomorrow..Let me know if you have any other questions...

We did come home with a nasty flu like bug that seems to be goin around despite my constant hand washing and sanitizing. There were several sick children and adults on our flight home also...so load up on the vitamin C and make sure you stay hydrated and rested...
__________________
Byrd

AKL Club Level-Sept. 2009
byrd328 is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #119
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,258

Byrd,

Thanks for your review of AKL CL. I'm sorry you didn't find it to your liking. My family and I love the lounge, the food up there, the espresso machine, and the extra service we get. I guess it's just not for everyone... We were just there in August and they were still putting out plenty of food -- I hope they aren't cutting back...

Glad to hear that you liked the Sunrise Safari, though. AKL is an amazing resort, isn't it?
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #120
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?
 
supersuperwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: neverland
Posts: 5,335

ADR question...

We are staying 2 nights/ 3 days at Jambo CL. On the third day we move to Kidani to meet up with friends. We won't be starting our dining plan until that day. Would the IPO team still book ADRs for me even they only start the day I check out of CL?
__________________
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Count Up Part 3 Deedee Star Games 3808 07-17-2012 03:32 PM
Angels around the world - part 5 million and 1 - the scottish take over barrett7890 Community Board 2244 05-20-2012 01:41 AM
09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 4! WDWLVR Disney Cruise Meets 3236 10-24-2010 11:14 PM
WW Weekly Weigh In--- Part 2 tiggerlover W.I.S.H 2347 10-07-2010 08:41 PM
The Dis Dad's Club II chillcoupons DIS Dads 4205 01-08-2010 01:48 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: