Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #91
DLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
Hey there! We did the DDP with CL at YC last January, we had booked water view regular room and were upgraded at check in. We found that the food offerings in the CL are more like finger foods, meant to supplement. WE personally did not care for the DDP, in our opinion you felat a little forced to eat big even if you'd rather share an entree. Our girls are now 12 & 14 so they are concidered adults by Disney but still want to share entrees, which works better for us.

As for "giving up control of your ADRS", you don't have to let the IPOI make your ressies. In our case this time , I'll just say that the IPO at BC has been less than helpful and leave it at that. Not a bit of extra effort, I have actually tweaked all of mine myself since they cannot even be bothered to return emails, send out itineraries after they book your ADRs, or return phone calls. I have all of the ADRs I wanted now, but had to do the calling myself. When we stayed CL at the YC that time, the CMs there didn't seem to put themselves out then either. I'm glad taht the AKL ones seem better, I actually booked an extra night there this trip just to check it out.
Sorry that you have had such a bad experience with bc/yc/bwi ipo. We have had a great experience with them. They made all my adrs and even made changes when I changed my plans. They couldn't book my first choice for wde. They not only emailed but called me to see if they could find an alternate day/time - which they did. They also emailed me right before my 90 days to make sure they had my requests correct and to see if I needed to add anything. They did the same thing at 45 days. This is our first cl stay and so far haven't had any problems. We are going in 20 days and I hope to report back that the cl cms are as helpful as the ipo staff.
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
Old 09-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #92
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

I just don't get it with them. In my conversations with them they admitted that they had nothing to let them know that we were coming, but you'd think after that they'd email/fax wahtever to make sure they had our requests. Nothing. I have spoken on the phone with both Terri and Xio, but no follow up from tehm whatsoever. I received an emai lfrom Terri after I spoke with her to make sure they had my ADR requests, she said she was emailing the itinerary right then. It never arrived, I spoke with them again about getting a hard copy, oh we sent it out, still nothing. Finally Xio did email it to me, but The ADRs weren't right. I finally gave up after about 5 phone calls, realized that they were not going to keep checking, and just booked them myself.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #93
DLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just don't get it with them. In my conversations with them they admitted that they had nothing to let them know that we were coming, but you'd think after that they'd email/fax wahtever to make sure they had our requests. Nothing. I have spoken on the phone with both Terri and Xio, but no follow up from tehm whatsoever. I received an emai lfrom Terri after I spoke with her to make sure they had my ADR requests, she said she was emailing the itinerary right then. It never arrived, I spoke with them again about getting a hard copy, oh we sent it out, still nothing. Finally Xio did email it to me, but The ADRs weren't right. I finally gave up after about 5 phone calls, realized that they were not going to keep checking, and just booked them myself.
Wow that is bad. I guess we were lucky.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #94
ead79
Disney Bride!
Wants the perfect pancake pan
Really likes a lot of NSYNC's songs
I hope my new job isn't like the movie "Office Space"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
That helps a ton, thanks!!

Seeing you are an AP holder...I'm also trying to talk him into that, but I think I have a better chance with CL.

We are from Marietta, too, by the way!
Just start slowly and work him up to being an AP holder!

Small world! We live in Marietta pretty close to the Woodstock line. I've lived in various parts of Marietta my whole life. I mean after all, where else can you find the Big Chicken?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #95
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I actually had trouble with them this summer. When I asked them to email my revised ADRs to me, I'd never get the email. They were useful when I called and spoke directly to them, but then the email would never come. Since we were doing a split-stay, I just called the AKL IPO and asked them to email it to me -- and the email came while I was still on the phone with the CM!!!

Most IPO offices only deal with one or two resorts. Maybe combining 3 hotels into one office (BW, BC, YC) is the problem?

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 AM   #96
s&k'smom
I really do have to get a life!
Goes through peanuts like an elephant

Good morning, just booked for next October 2010, GF here we come!!!!
95; 97; 98 WL
2002 GF
2003 WL
2004 AKL
2007 GF
2010GF
2011GF
2012 GF
Old 09-18-2009, 05:26 AM   #97
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
I actually had trouble with them this summer. When I asked them to email my revised ADRs to me, I'd never get the email. They were useful when I called and spoke directly to them, but then the email would never come. Since we were doing a split-stay, I just called the AKL IPO and asked them to email it to me -- and the email came while I was still on the phone with the CM!!!

Most IPO offices only deal with one or two resorts. Maybe combining 3 hotels into one office (BW, BC, YC) is the problem?
THat could be the problem. What got to me was the impression they gave that my stuff didn't matter. IT was like pulling teeth (southern term) to get any infor from them as to what services they could provide for me. After reading about the faxed forms I was a little surprised at the apathetic response I received . I'd say "well, what can you do for me?" and their response would be "oh, we can make your dining reservations, resreation reservations, stuff like that " not CAN we do anything for you?"
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite)

Old 09-18-2009, 05:37 AM   #98
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ead79 View Post

Small world! We live in Marietta pretty close to the Woodstock line. I've lived in various parts of Marietta my whole life. I mean after all, where else can you find the Big Chicken?
Hey! I "used" to live in Marietta, close to the Woodstock line. Does that count?!! We moved 4-1/2 years ago, after being there 17 years. Our WDW reservations STILL always end up under our old phone # 770-928-XXXX!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:43 AM   #99
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post

I've been a great fan of the BW/BC/YC IPO but must admit for my last trip (May 07) they weren't quite as 'on the ball' as they have been in the past, in fact I had to chase quite a bit, and when the info did come through sometimes it was wrong I'm dealing with the AKL IPO for my next trip and cannot believe how amazing they are, talk about prompt and efficient

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 09-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #100
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ead79 View Post

Since we pretty much go every year, you'd think it would be easy to talk him into it. Maybe someday....

We live just a mile or two south of 92, between Bells Ferry and Canton Rd. We moved here from Chicago about 5 years ago and we love it!

I can't keep myself from giggling just a little bit every time I drive by the Big Chicken. I love when you hear directions like "Just two miles east of the Big Chicken".
Old 09-18-2009, 07:20 AM   #101
DLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
Since we pretty much go every year, you'd think it would be easy to talk him into it. Maybe someday....

We live just a mile or two south of 92, between Bells Ferry and Canton Rd. We moved here from Chicago about 5 years ago and we love it!

I can't keep myself from giggling just a little bit every time I drive by the Big Chicken. I love when you hear directions like "Just two miles east of the Big Chicken".
We used to live near Sprayberry high school off sandy plains rd. My in laws live off bells ferry. We moved to the other side of town - suwanee for my husbands job. We loved the Marietta area!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #102
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Wow! Look at all the Marietta-area people coming out! Nice!

We just finally bought a house in Feb, so we are here for a while. We were renting until we really decided where we wanted to be. It's nice to feel settled and we love the area that we are in.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #103
ead79
Disney Bride!
Wants the perfect pancake pan
Really likes a lot of NSYNC's songs
I hope my new job isn't like the movie "Office Space"

Wow, I can't believe how many Marietta folks there are here!

We live near Hwy 92 over in Kell High School district. I grew up in Walton High School district, where my parents still live.

DLo, my life-long best friend moved from Marietta to Suwanee a couple of years ago, and she really likes it out there. She says it's a really friendly little town. Now her commute is another story, LOL.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:20 AM   #104
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey there! We did the DDP with CL at YC last January, we had booked water view regular room and were upgraded at check in. We found that the food offerings in the CL are more like finger foods, meant to supplement. WE personally did not care for the DDP, in our opinion you felat a little forced to eat big even if you'd rather share an entree. Our girls are now 12 & 14 so they are concidered adults by Disney but still want to share entrees, which works better for us.

As for "giving up control of your ADRS", you don't have to let the IPOI make your ressies. In our case this time , I'll just say that the IPO at BC has been less than helpful and leave it at that. Not a bit of extra effort, I have actually tweaked all of mine myself since they cannot even be bothered to return emails, send out itineraries after they book your ADRs, or return phone calls. I have all of the ADRs I wanted now, but had to do the calling myself. When we stayed CL at the YC that time, the CMs there didn't seem to put themselves out then either. I'm glad taht the AKL ones seem better, I actually booked an extra night there this trip just to check it out.
We will eat at the same restaurants either on the DDP or off. For just the food, for us, it comes out about even until I start adding in our snacks (and we DO snack). If we know that there are nibbles at the resort, then maybe we won't snack as much at the parks.

I'm still up in the air about ADRs. It would be nice to just give someone else our requests and see what they get without having to stress out myself. I guess I could try the ones that are most important to us and then leave the rest up to IPO.

Thanks for the info and I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. That just stinks.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #105
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

ead79--you aren't too far from us. We are in the Sprayberry district, but I think we are closer to Kell and I wouldn't be surprised if we get rezoned to Kell by the time DD7 is in hs.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: