Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #151
mmmears
DIS Veteran
 
mmmears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 8,259

While the CL offerings may not be "meant" to be a replacement for some meals, we definitely find the breakfasts to be enough food. Since they are light, we generally have a nice sit-down ADR booked for lunch. And since lunch can sometimes be alot of food, and since we're not big eaters, we have, at times, filled up on the appetizers and skipped dinner. If we are really hungry, then we tend to skip the appetizers in the lounge and go to dinner. If we just want a light, small dinner, then sometimes the food in the lounge will suffice.

Since we all eat different amounts of food and have different expectations when it comes to meals, it's hard to tell someone if it's enough food for them or not. I only know that if we eat the appetizers in the lounge, then we need a very light dinner if we go out -- otherwise it's just way too much food for us.

So, if you're looking for particular items or a large amount of food, then definitely don't count on the lounge food. But if you're not too picky and prefer to "graze" a bit, then the lounge is perfect.
__________________


* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline  
Old 09-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #152
JenniD44
Mouseketeer
 
JenniD44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
I'm at the start of a CL level stay with the Deluxe Plan. So far it seems like its ok. We tend to go for the signature restaurants too. I'll try to do a cost analysis at the end.

We do enjoy having a sit down lunch most days though - we aren't big fans of many of the CS places in the parks.
It's the 2 TS thing that made me wonder about upgrading. We have 4 ADRs that are 2 TS, not counting CRT which is just for 3 of us so I was thinking we'd just pay OOP. Those 4 will use up our allotment and we have at least one more breakfast and another dinner or two booked. We're not big counter service fans, although will do it on occasion to save some time. We usually like a sit down dinner at the end of the day. I'm not sure how much of the evening club offerings we will really eat because we have a couple of picky eaters.

If you do a cost analysis, I'd love to see it. You could post or PM me.

Hope you are having a great stay!
__________________
JenniD44 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #153
jackemail
DIS Veteran
 
jackemail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 1,871

No more pineapple bread at Poly ?!?!?!? Now THAT is bad!
__________________
Alzheimer's.....the "long good-bye"
jackemail is offline  
Old 09-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #154
JenniD44
Mouseketeer
 
JenniD44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Personally I think staying Club Level and having any form of the Dining Plan is not a good idea, because it's to much food. Plus you would be rushing from one restaurant to another for you're next ADR so you don't waste the credits, which means you won't have much time for the food offerings in the lounge.
The rushing around is why I don't think we should do it. I know we would never do 3 sit downs in one day, but even 2 takes a lot of time. As far as having the food in the lounge, I'm not sure how much we'll do that anyway. I know we'll do some breakfast and probably the desserts, but we usually are gone all day most days and don't come back. Maybe this time we'll try to do a break in the day.

It's the 2 TS thing that was making me wonder about upgrading. We have the free dining, so we will at least do the basic plan.

Thanks for your input.
__________________
JenniD44 is offline  
Old 09-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #155
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 39,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniD44 View Post
The rushing around is why I don't think we should do it. I know we would never do 3 sit downs in one day, but even 2 takes a lot of time. As far as having the food in the lounge, I'm not sure how much we'll do that anyway. I know we'll do some breakfast and probably the desserts, but we usually are gone all day most days and don't come back. Maybe this time we'll try to do a break in the day.

It's the 2 TS thing that was making me wonder about upgrading. We have the free dining, so we will at least do the basic plan.

Thanks for your input.
You're welcome.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #156
mouskagirlie
Full-time Disney Dreamer
 
mouskagirlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1558.6mi nw of the castle
Posts: 89

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Personally I think staying Club Level and having any form of the Dining Plan is not a good idea, because it's to much food. Plus you would be rushing from one restaurant to another for you're next ADR so you don't waste the credits, which means you won't have much time for the food offerings in the lounge.

We had the DDP last year and you are so right, wow that is a lot of food! Our whole visit was spent going from one restaurant to the next. Half way through our visit I found myself on the phone canceling most of our remaining dining reservations. However, this year will be our first CL stay(s) and we decided against doing a dining plan. Being able to grab a snack in the lounge will be so nice! That and to not have to ship snacks, cereal and water ahead of time will be wonderful I hope staying CL doesn't spoil me too much for future stays in standard rooms
__________________
DH ME DS 8 DD 6



12/09: YC CL/WL CL (split stay) - celebration trip!
12/08 and 12/07: WL
12/00 and 12/98: CBR





mouskagirlie is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #157
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran
 
BreezysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Subs, Chicago
Posts: 1,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouskagirlie View Post
We had the DDP last year and you are so right, wow that is a lot of food! Our whole visit was spent going from one restaurant to the next. Half way through our visit I found myself on the phone canceling most of our remaining dining reservations. However, this year will be our first CL stay(s) and we decided against doing a dining plan. Being able to grab a snack in the lounge will be so nice! That and to not have to ship snacks, cereal and water ahead of time will be wonderful I hope staying CL doesn't spoil me too much for future stays in standard rooms
I'm with you! For the same reason we have decided to stay CL this stay. But I do hope to get spoiled as well as getting DH hooked. It is all part of my mater plan
__________________
DH Me (Teri) DD (13) Poly Maeve
10/07 Poly
12/08 Poly CL
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF



BreezysMom is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #158
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
I'm with you! For the same reason we have decided to stay CL this stay. But I do hope to get spoiled as well as getting DH hooked. It is all part of my mater plan
And it works, too! My husband told me that he wanted to stay CL after our fabulous CL visit 2 years ago. We didn't do CL last year and he missed it.....whhaaaaahaaaa (insert evil laugh here)! Master plans work!
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #159
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,614

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
It is all part of my mater plan
Sorry - I just had a vision of Mater from Cars trying to scheme his way into a CL room!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #160
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!
 
focusondisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sabre Land
Posts: 6,049

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniD44 View Post
It's the 2 TS thing that made me wonder about upgrading. We have 4 ADRs that are 2 TS, not counting CRT which is just for 3 of us so I was thinking we'd just pay OOP. Those 4 will use up our allotment and we have at least one more breakfast and another dinner or two booked. We're not big counter service fans, although will do it on occasion to save some time. We usually like a sit down dinner at the end of the day. I'm not sure how much of the evening club offerings we will really eat because we have a couple of picky eaters.

If you do a cost analysis, I'd love to see it. You could post or PM me.

Hope you are having a great stay!
Hi!

We just did deluxe dining & stayed club level @ Yacht Club. Cost wise we came out ahead. For 2 adults we payed about $1000 but our meals would have cost $1600 OOP. Not counting snacks. We also ate at several 2 credit meals & had most breakfasts in the lounge. We did not order the most expensive entrees, but we did have fillet if it was available.This was our 3rd such trip.

That said, I probably won't do it again. My DH is a clean your plate type guy & he was very sick of eating after 4-5 days. I was able to eat only parts of everything & didn't finish anything. In the future, I'd rather enjoy a few appitizers because there were several at each restaurant that interested me. More so than the desserts. There are also several counter service places we want to get back to like Cosmic Ray's & Sunshine Seasons. And forget snacks..you will NOT be hungry for snacks. We used a few for ice cream if we purposly skipped dessert at an adr.

We also spent too much time getting to ADRs. We stayed at Yacht Club & had at least 4 adr's at MK resorts. So we had to take a bus to MK, then a boat or monorail to the resort & reverse the process after eating. Our next trip is in Dec & we will be on regular dining, we have too much planned in a short trip to do so many sit downs.

So we're glad we did this for a few trips, but won't do it again for awhile. Don't know if this helps, but good luck deciding!
focusondisney is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #161
ppony
Artist in residence
 
ppony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 5,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
Food offerings in the lounge are not meant to be a meal.
AGREED! But SO MANY treat it as such and that ruins it for others. It's like a zoo. Honestly, I've gotten to hate going to the lounge because it's every man for themselves and dog eat dog in there! I don't do well in crowded situations. I'll grab a milk and coffee or whatever, but we prefer actually going to a real sit down meal because the lounges just make me crazy.
__________________
ME-Stephanie (43) Brian (DH 49) , Nicholas (DS14), Daniel (DS6)
~1994, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2009 DCL, 2010(1st DVC), 2012 (twice), Sept & Dec. 2014 DCL&WDW, 2016 first DL trip, 2018 Flower & Garden Fest. trip



ppony is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #162
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran
 
BreezysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Subs, Chicago
Posts: 1,636

While lounge offerings may not be "meant" to be a meal in some of your opinions. What do you consider a meal?

While I agree food hoarders are rude, who decides what constitutes a meal? If we have lunch at the castle one day at 1pm and decide to have a light dinner in the lounge because we are not really hungry enough for a full sit down dinner or counter service meal for that matter, is that poor taste?

We are staying CL rather than doing the dining plan, because of the option of lighter meals for breakfast and dinner. We have every right to enjoy the services CL has to offer.

I'm sorry, but to put a blanket statement about the amount of food "allowed" to be eaten by CL guests out there is not fair to new people who are going to be experiencing CL for the first time. I certainly don't want the food police judging me or feeling self conscious because there are people that abuse the services.

I'm not trying to start a debate but I just feel that this discussion is very subjective.
__________________
DH Me (Teri) DD (13) Poly Maeve
10/07 Poly
12/08 Poly CL
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF



BreezysMom is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #163
ppony
Artist in residence
 
ppony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 5,086

Quoted in their literature:
"Club Level floors and Lounge, which serves refreshments daily:
Continental breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
▪ Midday snack from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
▪ Evening wine and cheese from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
▪ Evening cordials and desserts from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m."


Nowhere does it say "MEALS". Continental breakfast doesn't mean piled plate after piled plate. You can disagree but it's a industry standard definition, not mine.
So if you do use it as a meal replacement you are abusing it and ruining it for others that just want what is advertised. (That doesn't mean someone that is okay w/ a c. bkfst is treating it as a full meal replacement. Lots of people eat light in the A.M. and that's the point of a continental size bkfst)
__________________
ME-Stephanie (43) Brian (DH 49) , Nicholas (DS14), Daniel (DS6)
~1994, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2009 DCL, 2010(1st DVC), 2012 (twice), Sept & Dec. 2014 DCL&WDW, 2016 first DL trip, 2018 Flower & Garden Fest. trip




Last edited by ppony; 09-28-2009 at 11:37 AM.
ppony is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 11:40 AM   #164
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran
 
BreezysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Subs, Chicago
Posts: 1,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
Quoted in their literature:
"Club Level floors and Lounge, which serves refreshments daily:
Continental breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
▪ Midday snack from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
▪ Evening wine and cheese from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
▪ Evening cordials and desserts from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m."


Nowhere does it say "MEALS". Continental breakfast doesn't mean piled plate after piled plate. You can disagree but it's a industry standard definition, not mine.
So if you do use it as a meal replacement you are abusing it and ruining it for others that just want what is advertised. (That doesn't mean someone that is okay w/ a c. bkfst is treating it as a full meal replacement. Lots of people eat light in the A.M.)
OK, well then we are ok because my family likes to snack throughout the day
__________________
DH Me (Teri) DD (13) Poly Maeve
10/07 Poly
12/08 Poly CL
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF




Last edited by BreezysMom; 09-28-2009 at 11:55 AM.
BreezysMom is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #165
ppony
Artist in residence
 
ppony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 5,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
OK, well then we are ok because my family like to snack throughout the day


I think breakfast is the worst because we all tend to leave around the same time creating the bottleneck in the morning but trickle back in the evening. sigh

The afore mentioned abuse too is one reason we're considering DVC. We LOVE to eat out but full meals all day long or even in the morning and evening do get old after a week or more. We will welcome having a kitchen to just have cereal, toast and joince in the morning and not fight the hoards. That and we just can't help but stay deluxe.
__________________
ME-Stephanie (43) Brian (DH 49) , Nicholas (DS14), Daniel (DS6)
~1994, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2009 DCL, 2010(1st DVC), 2012 (twice), Sept & Dec. 2014 DCL&WDW, 2016 first DL trip, 2018 Flower & Garden Fest. trip



ppony is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Count Up Part 3 Deedee Star Games 3808 07-17-2012 03:32 PM
Angels around the world - part 5 million and 1 - the scottish take over barrett7890 Community Board 2244 05-20-2012 01:41 AM
09/13/09 SSMC09 S.S. Member Cruise 2009 - Part 4! WDWLVR Disney Cruise Meets 3236 10-24-2010 11:14 PM
WW Weekly Weigh In--- Part 2 tiggerlover W.I.S.H 2347 10-07-2010 08:41 PM
The Dis Dad's Club II chillcoupons DIS Dads 4205 01-08-2010 01:48 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: