Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #136
ead79
Disney Bride!
Wants the perfect pancake pan
Really likes a lot of NSYNC's songs
I hope my new job isn't like the movie "Office Space"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger137 View Post
We'll be staying CL at the Poly in January.
I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with please.

On our last day, after we've checked out, are we able to still use the lounge?
And is there somewhere in the Hawaii building to leave our luggage?

Our flight isn't until early evening, so it would be good to be able to relax in the lounge until we have to head to the airport.
I believe you are allowed to use the lounge until midnight on the day of your checkout. I'm sure someone here has done it and can confirm that.

Bell services will be happy to store your luggage for you. Lots of folks run into this with evening flights I'm sure.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #137
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ead79 View Post
I believe you are allowed to use the lounge until midnight on the day of your checkout. I'm sure someone here has done it and can confirm that.
Yes that's correct.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2009, 02:54 PM   #138
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

I have to say, I already love Don at AKL IPO! I e-mailed him yesterday to say hello, and he has e-mailed back with such great info already!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #139
JenniD44
Mouseketeer

Deluxe Dining and Club Level

We are staying SL Club level at the GF the week after Thanksgiving. I'm trying to decide if we should upgrade to deluxe dining. I noticed some PP mentioned having deluxe dining while club level and was looking for some advice.

Quite a few of our ADRs are 2 TS events. I tried to look at our dining expenses and it seems if we do get the appetizers (which we would probably only do if they were included as with deluxe dining) we would come out ahead cost wise. Even without including that, we still may come out ahead. My concern is that with the club level offerings available, it will just be way too much food. I know we will be gone from the hotel quite a bit, so we won't be eating all that much there, but I just can't decide. I currently have some breakfast ADRs and I think I should cancel them and just eat from the club level for breakfast.

Any advice?
Old 09-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #140
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniD44 View Post
We are staying SL Club level at the GF the week after Thanksgiving. I'm trying to decide if we should upgrade to deluxe dining. I noticed some PP mentioned having deluxe dining while club level and was looking for some advice.

Quite a few of our ADRs are 2 TS events. I tried to look at our dining expenses and it seems if we do get the appetizers (which we would probably only do if they were included as with deluxe dining) we would come out ahead cost wise. Even without including that, we still may come out ahead. My concern is that with the club level offerings available, it will just be way too much food. I know we will be gone from the hotel quite a bit, so we won't be eating all that much there, but I just can't decide. I currently have some breakfast ADRs and I think I should cancel them and just eat from the club level for breakfast.

Any advice?
IMO you should stick to the club level breakfasts -- they are really nice at the GF (more substantial than some others), then enjoy your other meals out in the restaurants. We have found that this saves us tons of time, plus it's just easier when you don't have to rush to a restaurant in the morning.

The DDP would be WAY too much food for us, though. We generally have breakfast in the lounge, a nice sit-down lunch or dinner, and either snack at the lounge or at the parks. But if you really want the 2TS places, then you just have to do the math... We did end up canceling several of our ADRs because the evening appetizers were filling and we just weren't hungry enough for a sit down meal afterwards... All depends on how much you plan on eating.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 09-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #141
JenniD44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
IMO you should stick to the club level breakfasts -- they are really nice at the GF (more substantial than some others), then enjoy your other meals out in the restaurants. We have found that this saves us tons of time, plus it's just easier when you don't have to rush to a restaurant in the morning.

The DDP would be WAY too much food for us, though. We generally have breakfast in the lounge, a nice sit-down lunch or dinner, and either snack at the lounge or at the parks. But if you really want the 2TS places, then you just have to do the math... We did end up canceling several of our ADRs because the evening appetizers were filling and we just weren't hungry enough for a sit down meal afterwards... All depends on how much you plan on eating.
Thanks, that helps a lot. I think I'll definitely do that for the breakfast, just keep the 2 we (my kids) really want, CRT and Chef Mickey's. That would also make it easier to get to the parks early.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #142
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

two thumbs up for the IPO at the WL! Apparantly it's the same folks as the Poly, so they are ontop of things too. I changed our upcoming reservation from the Beach Club CL to the WL CL on Thursday, spoke with them that afternoon, then called this morning since I had booked some different ADRs online and wanted them to cancel my unwanted ones. I asked that they email me my updated itinerary, she replied that I should have it within 24 hours, I had it in less than 5 minutes! Anyone who had read my previous postes would know how wonderful that was, BC's IPO never could be bothered to email me anything!
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14) upcoming BC 3/15

Old 09-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #143
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Any advice?

I'm at the start of a CL level stay with the Deluxe Plan. So far it seems like its ok. We tend to go for the signature restaurants too. I'll try to do a cost analysis at the end.

We do enjoy having a sit down lunch most days though - we aren't big fans of many of the CS places in the parks.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #144
christinamaria
Earning My Ears

Good to know!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #145
stm61
DIS Veteran

we just returned last night from a week at Poly CL and there have definately been some changes. Offerings in the lounge are not what they used to be. There is no more pineapple bread and no pastry of any kind except for cinamon rolls. Usually there were plain bagels, plain croissants, and cinnamon rolls. They still have at least 3 types of cereal and cut up fresh fruit, plus apples and bannanas. Evenings were usually either chicken or turkey skewars with varying seasonings and sauces. They also had cut up fresh carrots, cucumbers, and celery, with ranch dip, some type of hummus and flat bread, and either a rice or vegetable choice. Desserts were usually a choice of 4; usually either a brownie or chocolate cake, plus individual raspberry, mango, orange, mousses, and some kind of individual tart, usually lemon or key lime. THey also had cookies out for the kids and pbj's for the kids at dinner. I'm not a drinker so I didn't notice the alchohal, except that the punch is still there. They still leave the lounge open 24/7 for access to soda and coffee machine. Soda's were kept stocked, but they ran out of diet several times. Chef Dick is only allowed to do carvings on Sun. nights now. Also, the souvenier chocolate with the Poly picture on it is about half the size of last years. No problems at all with housekeeping and they've added an adjustable addition to solve the problem of the to-low shower heads!
Old 09-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #146
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Any advice?
Personally I think staying Club Level and having any form of the Dining Plan is not a good idea, because it's to much food. Plus you would be rushing from one restaurant to another for you're next ADR so you don't waste the credits, which means you won't have much time for the food offerings in the lounge.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #147
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Personally I think staying Club Level and having any form of the Dining Plan is not a good idea, because it's to much food. Plus you would be rushing from one restaurant to another for you're next ADR so you don't waste the credits, which means you won't have much time for the food offerings in the lounge.
Food offerings in the lounge are not meant to be a meal.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #148
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
That's true but not everyone is hungry at supper time either because they are light eaters or are too tired from the day so the offerings in the lounge may be all that they need.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #149
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
Well my family and believe that depending on what items they offer a meal can be made out of them, because there have been nights when we were full after having something. Plus if we really like a specific item we will take more then one plate.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #150
WUVmyDISNEY
DIS Veteran

I've never stayed CL before--we will be for the first time in December with a split at BWI and GF. This will be our first trip without the dining plan. I am not worried about it at all. We are fine with bagals and fruits or whatnot in the mornings. I have only 2 ADRs booked....Chefs de France and Kona for breakfast one day because I just have to have those pineapple pancakes! We'll probably will snack during the day while in the parks and do a CS late afternoon or whenever we are hungry.

I've seen differing opinions on whether the CL offerings can be a meal replacement or not, so we will just see how it goes. I haven't really read anywhere if it is "meant" to be a meal replacement or not, but if it can be for some, doesn't matter to me....more power to them! But honestly, with the breakfast, plus a CS meal during the day and snack, I think we will be fine with some finger foods and desserts for the evenings. My son, who is 17 and still growing (almost 6'3"!) will prob need a bit more though.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: