Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

2009 DIS Unplugged Super Bowl champs ibleedblue/NO CLUE CREW (update #31)

I have been remiss...I haven't posted who our managers are in the second DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League, and the NFL season starts tomorrow night!

We are keeping it as two "conferences", competing separately until the last week of the season where the two conference champions compete against each other. Most teams returned, but due to some attrition and not having managers play in both conferences we added a few new teams to the league, and some teams changed names. The teams were roughly randomly assigned between the conferences.

This year's Magic Kingdom Conference:

Mushu Maniacs (Alztybrn) - 2008 League Champion
ESPN Club (Paging Tom Morrow) - 2008 Runner Up
Reedy Creek Smoke Eaters (newtodis)
Wheezy's Warriors (Twheezy)
Tink's Hammer (phoenixblue) - New manager
Donald's Pants (BostonRob)
Fatphil Fanatics (Fatphil32)
Magic Knights (lawsonsontour) - Rookie Of The Year
Philly Soarin' (disneydaveb)
Jungle Cruise Skippers (doconeill)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (klam_chowder)
No Clue Crew (ibleedblue) - New manager

EPCOT Center Conference:

T-I-double-guh-err (Dark Helmet)
Pete's Rant (LuccaDrake) - New manager, and nominee for best team name...
Brother Bears (aaronmckie)
Disney Chiefs (Janitor Beans)
Pluto's Revenge (Splat25)
Team DoleWhips (DSWalczak)
Doom Buggy (Poopachino) - New manager
Plutes Cowboys (Mr. Plutes)
Carousel of Doom (flyingcat2003)
Mr. Toad Rides Again (stitchlover) - New manager
Boardwalk Buskers (shaq_d)
Grumpy Dopey (The Grumpus)

Let's hope for a fun an exciting season, and that Tom Brady lasts more than 3 minutes...

You can follow all the action in the links in my signature...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Last edited by doconeill; 01-04-2010 at 05:39 PM.
doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Mr. Plutes
Mouseketeer

I just hope I'm over 500 this year lol.
Goodluck everyone!!!
Mr. Plutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
flyingcat2003
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

And so it begins!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
stitchlover
DIS Veteran

I'm ready for some football! Looking forward to the first game this week...hoping I don't get my butt kicked but still looking forward to the game.
ASMo 2006, POFQ 2007, WL 2008, Disneyland Paradise Pier 2008, Polynesian 2009, AKL 2010, Grand Floridian 2011, DIS ABD Backstage Magic 2/11, Wilderness Lodge 2011, Beach Club 2012, DCL 2012, AKL Kidani Village 2013, ASSports 2013, Disneyland 2013, Boardwalk & Saratoga Springs 2013

[/url]
stitchlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Week 1 results

Forgive if I don't give those long week-by-week evaluations as much this season...I have soccer practice Tuesday evenings. You know...that thing that was called football before football?

True quote from another football draft I was in:

"And Romo doesn't have a girlfriend to distract him this season."

"Jason Witten doesn't count?"

And Romo's ex - Owens, not Simpson - only went 2-for-46 and faces a life in the Arctic-er, Buffalo.

Well, Brady lasted more than 8 minutes this time. And it only took half that to beat the Bills. But several bells got rung out there...McNabb broke a rib, Urlacher's out for the season, and Carolina pulled their starting QB (Delhomme, who got a whopping -8 points) to watch their BACKUP McCown get hurt.

Overall, it was a strange, strange weekend for football. Clutch kickers missing, some volleyball, some rugby...anyone could have won this weekend - well, maybe except for Detroit and St. Louis.

Never mind that Detroit is starting a rookie QB, and the fact that they are Detroit. What can you do against someone like Drew Brees and his 6 touchdowns? Well, then again, maybe he only got that because it WAS Detroit - but he's gonna be HUGE again this season.

And seriously...the Philly D/ST being the third top points scorer?!?

Enough...the results...first the Magic Kingdom Conference:

Yours truly the Jungle Cruise Skippers (doconeill) took High Points this week with 115, led by of all things a tight end (John Carlson, SEA, 21)

On the low end of the scale, and I'm kind of shocked to say this...ESPN Club (Paging Tom Morrow)! Single digits across the board, topping out at a measly 55, losing to newcomer Tink's Hammer (phoenixblue). Guess the #1 spot in the draft doesn't always work out...

Even returning DIS Unplugged Champion Mushu Maniacs (Alztybrn) lost to Reedy Creek Smoke Eaters (newtodis), 86-66.

Over in the EPCOT Center Conference, Boardwalk Buskers (shaq_d) ran away with 137 points to win over Team DoleWhips (DSWalczak) (60). Of course, having both Adrian Peterson (37) and the Eagles DST (35) helps. Just those two would have won.

But 60 wasn't the lowest - both T-I-double-guh-err (Dark Helmet) and Pluto's Revenge (Splat25) tied for low with 59.

But its a long season...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 09-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
klam_chowder
Got her own private pool dance on the Podcast cruise
Boy that was one hot run

Thx a mint for the fab recap, commish!

cheers,

text
klam_chowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Week 2...

Wow.

Just...wow.

Sure it's early, but I'm not sure just what teams are good, and what teams are doormats this season. And then it seems like everyone who scores big also leaves the game early with something busted, bruised or battered. I can't make any decisions on filling out my bye week free agent replacements because it changes every week.

Top 3 players points wise this week:

45 Chris Johnson, RB TEN
35 Frank Gore, RB SF
30 Matt Schaub, QB HOU

Not exactly on the "most coveted" list of Tier 1 players, but they are making a case for themselves now. THey never came remotely close to that when they were on any of MY teams...

Everyone who started one of these guys won. Interestingly, Matt Schaub is a free agent in the ECC, having been drafted and dropped. The Reedy Creek Smoke Eaters in the MKC had both Johnson AND Gore, and turned in a whopping 162 points for high score not just in the combined league, but I think set some sort of record! He beat up the poor Wheezy's Warriors 162-71. And that wasn't his highest possible score either!

I thought yours truly would go from first to worst with low points except for a late surge from kicker Tynes, leaving the poor ESPN Club to take low points losing to the No Clue Crew, 95-52, thanks in part to the Cowboys DST managing a -4. So much for the #1 draft position, as the resident expert starts the season in the hole 0-2.

In the ECC, high score was taken by Brother Bears with Chris Johnson's help, beating the low score recipient T-I-double-guh-err 135-53.

Next weeks high scorers, sent to me by Madame Leota:

David Garrard, Thomas Jones, Steve Smith (NYG)

Old 09-23-2009, 06:15 AM   #8
flyingcat2003
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Nice recap.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:55 AM   #9
klam_chowder
Boy that was one hot run

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2003 View Post
Nice recap.
I totally agree

...especially since he didn't mention how I got denied ...again

cheers,

text
Old 09-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #10
stitchlover
DIS Veteran

Hey...I didn't suck this week. YEAH!
ASMo 2006, POFQ 2007, WL 2008, Disneyland Paradise Pier 2008, Polynesian 2009, AKL 2010, Grand Floridian 2011, DIS ABD Backstage Magic 2/11, Wilderness Lodge 2011, Beach Club 2012, DCL 2012, AKL Kidani Village 2013, ASSports 2013, Disneyland 2013, Boardwalk & Saratoga Springs 2013

[/url]
stitchlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #11
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Week 3

It's up. It's down. It's up again.

It's the roulette wheel of Fantasy football.

Instead of Matt Schaub throwing for tons of touchdowns this week (although he got a respectable number of points this week), Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Kevin Kolb(!!!) did.

Instead of Chris Johnson and Frank Gore (who is now out for several weeks) running for touchdowns, it was Maurice Jones-Drew (7 points in week 2) and Pierre Thomas (zero points until this week, and giving Drew Brees' arm the weekend off, much to the chagrin of his owners).

In the MKC, last week's low points winner yours truly the Jungle Cruise Skippers returned to their first week high points glory, winning 117-72 over previously unbeaten Philly Soarin'. With ESPN Club finally getting out of the cellar (or would that be the utilidors?), beating Fatphil Fanatics 97-56, that leaves Reedy Creek Smoke Eaters as the only unbeaten team, despite getting a measly 67 points, enough to beat this weeks low points winner Magic Knights 67-53.

We also scored our first Rookie Fodder award, with Donald's Pants losing to redshirt rookie (klam was a rookie last year, but we don't have another rookie in the MKC) Big Thunder Mtn Railroad 92-74.

In the ECC, Mr. Toad Rides Again gets a triple whammy, setting previously undefeated Carousel of Doom off its axis 117-42, with Mr. Toad taking high points and CoD getting both low points AND the Rookie Fodder award...ouch! The Carousel may be listed as "seasonal" next week...

Boardwalk Buskers and Disney Chiefs remain the undefeateds in the ECC.

I asked Madame Leota about this weeks top scorers, and she only responded "How the heck should I know?!? Go ring some bells...". So while at the Christmas Carol Train Tour, I spoke with Jacob Marley's ghost. Unfortunately he could only tell me that Manchester United and Arsenal are good picks, while Chelsea v. Liverpool will be close. So I went to Everest and had a discussion with Betty the Yeti about a number of things (she's still feeling a little stiff), but she likes(*) Mike Sims-Walker, the 49ers, and thinks Jason Campbell with either score big - or a big fat zero...

* Disclaimer: Past predictions are not indicative of future results. In fact, past predictions probably indicate a complete inability to predict anything. It's what you get from ghosts and mythical creatures. What do they care? Can't be trusted.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #12
klam_chowder
Boy that was one hot run

iPhone ?

Love the recap, commish!

Mr. Toad Rides Again - nice job

Does anyone in the league track the Dis FFL scoreboard on their iPhone while watching the games? It loaded fine but I have to keep reloading the page to get the scores updated. On my PC, it automatically updates like advertised...any suggestions on how to get it done on the iPhone?

cheers,

text
Old 09-30-2009, 05:56 AM   #13
flyingcat2003
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Oh the pain , please make it stop..
Old 10-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #14
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Week 4...

Who would have expected two touchdowns from the Saints Defense this week? Apparently Carousel Of Doom, who may have had the waiver wire pick of the week this week - except there was the 49ers defense (a Betty The Yeti pick, by the way) who scored THREE touchdowns and 39 points. And the team in the ECC to pick them up was Pluto's Revenge...who was against Carousel Of Doom, beating them 139-86 to take High Points in the ECC.

And in the MKC, the 49ers were picked up by Donald's Pants, who needed those points to beat ESPN Club 111-73 to take home a Dragonslayer award...but High Points went to Tink's Hammer, taking down the last of the undefeateds, Reedy Creek Smoke Eaters 118-74.

(Speaking of Betty's picks for the week:

49ers DST: 39
Mike Sims-Walker: 21
Jason Campbell: 8

Those three alone would have beat 3 teams in the MKC and 4 in the ECC. She'll have her own ESPN Insider column soon...)

ESPN Club also has to earn our first Benchwarmer award of the season, since Rashard Mendenhall apparently found his playbook between the couch cushions last week and churned out 30 points on the bench,compared to LaDanian Tomlinson's Big Uno.

Low points were close but Big Thunder Mountain Railroad managed only 52 points despite having Tom Brady with 19 points.

With no undefeated teams in the MKC, it currently has 4 teams at 3-1 and 5 at 2-2...pretty tight so far.

To round out the ECC, Low Points went to the poor Grumpy Dopey, who like BTMR had Tom Brady but could only muster 47 points. GD also takes the Benchwarmer award, having 50 points on the bench, 48 of which would comprise a valid lineup that would have beat his 8 starters. I was torn with two other contenders - Disney Chiefs had Mendenhall on the bench, but Brother Bears was tougher - 71 points on the bench vs. 58 active, although 83 came from three QBs, while the active QB was on a bye week. But I couldn't give it to BB because even David Garrard's 25 points would not have won the match. I feel bad for kicking a dwarf when he's down though, since GD hasn't been able to scratch together a win yet.

Joining GD down at the bottom of the league is Team DoleWhips, who get a Rookie Fodder award for losing to Mr. Toad Rides Again, 87-71.

Also, with Boardwalk Buskers losing their first match to T-I-double-guh-err 101-92, that leaves the Disney Chiefs alone at the top at 4-0, with 2 teams at 3-1 and 6 at 2 and 2...

I'd tell you Betty's picks for next week, but I need them for myself...

Old 10-13-2009, 07:57 PM   #15
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Week 5...or, "Where was Sims-Walker?"

So, if you had Mike Sims-Walker on your team, you learned far too late that he got mad about DVC no longer covering valet parking fees and apparently complained too loudly and was benched, giving you a big fat ZERO (and pretty much the entire Jacksonville team did similar)...so hopefully your teams were strong enough to deal with that (in the DIS leagues, both teams were. Not so for my team in my work league )

And if you were prescient enough to pick up Miles Austin (37 points) and play him this week, you would hopefully have won your week and be declared The Great Wizard Of Fantasy Football. I don't know ANYONE who did that though...so Roddy White's measly 33 points was tops for players this week, but there were a lot of top notch results across the board.

Tops of the MKC board this week were the Fatphil Fanatics with 139 points, beating early conference leader Reedy Creek Smoke Eaters (139-73), giving the RC their second straight loss, and leaving Philly Soarin' and Mushu Maniacs atop the leaderboard. And the kicker? He had no kicker! (FYI, teams, please make sure you are paying attention to bye weeks...)

Speaking of pork, the Maniacs returned the ESPN Club to their measly point-losing ways, winning 105-55 and giving the Club their third low-points award in 5 weeks, and earning a Dragonslayer award. I might have to retire the award at this point...playing the Jacksonville defense (-6) this weekend would do that to you though.

And a special shout out to Wheezy's Warriors, for managing to beat the Jungle Cruise Skippers 85-75 and earning their first win, so the MKC no longer has a winless team!

Not so in the ECC, as Team Dolewhips (loss to T-I-double-guh-err, 68-55) and Grumpy Dopey (lost to Roddy White - I mean, Carousel Of Doom, 105-74) continue to struggle for their first win. But neither got low points as Pete's Rant apparently left for Australia as soon as Pete returned, and managed only 39 points having left two bye week players in place - and was up against the high points winner Pluto's Revenge, 113-39.

A bit of a double whammy is that lone remaining undefeated team Disney Chiefs lost their first match this week, but did so to the roaring rookie Mr. Toad Rides Again (112-75), taking down their third successive victim!!! Disney Chiefs still is at the top of the ECC at 4-1, but there are no less than EIGHT TEAMS nipping away at 3-2!

It looks like both conferences are still anyone's to win!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: