Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
tinkerbelle77
DIS Veteran

January 14, 2010 3 night Wonder

Hey...We are booked with the kids go free package...Anyone else out there??

It will be me, my husband, his father and grandmother and our 3 DD's ages 13, 11, and 6.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
staciepm
Mouseketeer

Yeah! I am not alone. We are also booked.

It will be me, my mother, my DD 11 and my DS 7 (almost 8 on the cruise.) Looks like we have DD's about the same age.

This will be our first DCL cruise and the kids first ever cruise.

Stacie
staciepm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
tinkerbelle77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciepm View Post
Yeah! I am not alone. We are also booked.

It will be me, my mother, my DD 11 and my DS 7 (almost 8 on the cruise.) Looks like we have DD's about the same age.

This will be our first DCL cruise and the kids first ever cruise.

Stacie
Hi and Welcome!!! 1st cruise for the kids...they are going to love it! Our girls have been on 5 and they are addicted....We have been on 8 with our sailing tomorrow morning...We are going on a 7 night solo cruise...No kids!!!

I think our party is going to change...It will probably be me, my mom, Father-in law and grandmother-in law and my 2 DD's ages 13 and 11...The 6yo is m y step daughter and her dad isnt coming with due to work issues, so I'm sure that her mom will not allow her to go with us...But we will see! If you have any questions just ask, I can try to answer them for you!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

We may be booking this cruise, just waiting on DH's vacation approval. It will be myself, DH and DD (15).
DD & I have been on 8 DCL cruises and DH has been on 7. Plus we've done 2 Carnival cruises. We also have 2 more DCL cruises booked for the next 2 summers. Yup, we are pretty much addicted and love DCL.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Just made our ressie this morning for this cruise so we are definately in. Gotta book DH & DD's juet ski excursion on Castaway Cay since it was cancelled on our cruised this past June due wind. I can book that on 10/1 since we are paid in full.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
pearlieq
They can sit & spin
Imagine my shock when my cat slipped me the tongue
I've never been all that worried about getting cooties
I don't need chewy chunks

Hi!

DH and I just booked on to this cruise. We were supposed to have a DIY land and sea in Feb, but his work got in the way so now we're doing the "sea" part in Jan.

I'm really looking forward to the trip! It will be the perfect remedy for the post-holiday blahs.
Your underpants!
~TSA 2010
pearlieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
ashbradnmom
Mouseketeer

Hi there,

We also will be on this cruise. Myself, DH, DD7 (will turn 8 in Disney after our cruise) and DS4. This is our first DCL cruise. DH and I have been on 1 other cruise before having kids.

WE are going to be counting down the days very soon.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #8
Jennifer in MI
DIS Veteran

Hello!!!! We're in!

We were booked since last January on our 7 day cruise. We booked on board for the 10% discount. We're on back to back cruises - the 14th and the 17th - anyone else? Anyway, when the kids sail free came out, we saved $800!! Woohoo!!

Our kids are 13 (boy), 12 (boy), 9 (boy), and 3 (girl!). They know nothing of the cruise. We are going to Disney the week before and the kids are running the 5K and I'm running the 1/2 marathon. This cruise is my "congratulations" cruise!!! We're going to surprise the kids the morning of the cruise by setting out their clothes with tshirts that say, "My parents surprised us with a Disney Cruise today!!" I hope I can keep the secret!!!

Jennifer in MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #9
sunstress
Going Goofy - again! - in 2013

Hi there! We're in, too -- our first Disney cruise, and my DH's first-ever cruise! We'll be the ones limping around after (hopefully) completing Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge a few days prior. We did the marathon in January 09 and had "medal envy" so had to go back in 2010 to complete the Goofy. Looking forward to sharing thoughts and experiences with you all!
sunstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #10
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstress View Post
Hi there! We're in, too -- our first Disney cruise, and my DH's first-ever cruise! We'll be the ones limping around after (hopefully) completing Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge a few days prior. We did the marathon in January 09 and had "medal envy" so had to go back in 2010 to complete the Goofy. Looking forward to sharing thoughts and experiences with you all!
What a nice way to relax after going 'Goofy'.

This is my DD's and my 8th 9th DCL cruise and DH's 7th DCL cruise. He had to miss one that she and I snuck in this past summer.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #11
tinkerbelle77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
Just made our ressie this morning for this cruise so we are definately in. Gotta book DH & DD's juet ski excursion on Castaway Cay since it was cancelled on our cruised this past June due wind. I can book that on 10/1 since we are paid in full.
Welcome...Glad to see more people!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #12
tinkerbelle77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlieq View Post
Hi!

DH and I just booked on to this cruise. We were supposed to have a DIY land and sea in Feb, but his work got in the way so now we're doing the "sea" part in Jan.

I'm really looking forward to the trip! It will be the perfect remedy for the post-holiday blahs.
Welcome!!! More poeple from IL!

We are sooo ready for this cruise...Lots of stressful family things going on...But work is being great to me...Trip to Vegas in November, then to Orlando in December, then we have January booked for all of us! So 3 months and 3 trips for me....Kids are not so excited about mom going to Orlando without them...I assured them that I will not have too much fun without them!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #13
tinkerbelle77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbradnmom View Post
Hi there,

We also will be on this cruise. Myself, DH, DD7 (will turn 8 in Disney after our cruise) and DS4. This is our first DCL cruise. DH and I have been on 1 other cruise before having kids.

WE are going to be counting down the days very soon.
Welcome!!!! Even More people from IL!!! We are really trying to escape the wnowy weather...LOL!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #14
tinkerbelle77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer in MI View Post
Hello!!!! We're in!

We were booked since last January on our 7 day cruise. We booked on board for the 10% discount. We're on back to back cruises - the 14th and the 17th - anyone else? Anyway, when the kids sail free came out, we saved $800!! Woohoo!!

Our kids are 13 (boy), 12 (boy), 9 (boy), and 3 (girl!). They know nothing of the cruise. We are going to Disney the week before and the kids are running the 5K and I'm running the 1/2 marathon. This cruise is my "congratulations" cruise!!! We're going to surprise the kids the morning of the cruise by setting out their clothes with tshirts that say, "My parents surprised us with a Disney Cruise today!!" I hope I can keep the secret!!!
Welcome!!!

Back to Backs are great...We have done it 2 different times. They make the process seemless...Wow what a great surprise!!! I'm sure the kids will be overjoyed and estatic!!! Good Luck with the marathon!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #15
tinkerbelle77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstress View Post
What a great way to relax after the marathon!!! Welcome! Can't wait til January!!! It will be here before we know it!

Our sailing party is final...Me, DD(13), DD(11), DFather, DF-I-L, and DGM-I-L. My husband has to work, and my DSD is heading to Anaheim with her mom for the weekend! So it worked out ok all around! We are heading down a day before the cruise and staying til Monday! So a few days of park time for us!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: