Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #1
bgsnmky
DIS Veteran

Wishes Dessert Party and Parade Viewing

For those that have been to the Wishes Dessert Party, I am curious how the Parade viewing is?

I am taking someone to the MNSSHP (Halloween party) who has never been before.

I know the Parade is really cool and different as I have seen it before.

I have thought about also doing the Dessert Party, but am not sure if we did - if we should:
1. Watch parade from street (but then we lose the advantage of not fighting the crowd and spending time reserving seats).
2. Just watch the parade from the Dessert Party

Next year - we will be going back in June with the WHOLE family for a 50th anniversary and I am thinking we will go then too.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You're not going to get a good view of the parade from the dessert party area, if you can see it at all. You might be able to glimpse the large floats. Have seen posts that the view of Spectro from there is poor, and if you can't see Spectro well you won't be able to see the Halloween parade well either. I believe they do the parade twice - there should be a time when you can watch it from the street.

Right now the dessert party isn't being offered in June. It can be booked only through October 31 at this time.
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
bgsnmky
DIS Veteran

Thanks that is what I was thinking too on the parade.

I know I can't book yet next June, but I am hoping as this would be a good (less expensive) treat for the grand gathering.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
brian2000boston
Earning My Ears

Correct me if i am wrong, but on MNSSHP there are two parades, so you can do the dessert party if you wish and then go see the parade at the second viewing.

Happy Halloween!
brian2000boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
bgsnmky
DIS Veteran

can you do the dessert party early - go out to watch the parade and then go back for the fireworks.

I know they are not offering for JUNE, but I am counting on them adding it back.

So I am trying to decide if I should puposely schedule it on a night when SPECTRO is not there so it isn't distracting .... or if we are eating dessert at that time we won't worry about it.

I am all about surprise and if we do the dessert party the first night....and we don't see the parade..everyone will be wondering "what is that" ooohhh I see that...but not really see it..if you know what I mean!

Some people would just say I am silly.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
mitsybella
Mouseketeer

you can leave the dessert party, they give you a wrist band do you can get back in and you have an assigned table, they don't let you in early, we just went and the parade was at 7pm and the fireworks at 8pm, the parade was over around 7:30 so we just went to the party after the parade, we did miss out on the chocolate covered strawberries but they had plenty of the other desserts, and they leave the food out for about 15 mins after the fireworks have ended, we loved the view of the fireworks and it was perfect because it started raining and you are under an overhang so we stayed dry.

mitsybella is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: