Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #121
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Day 2: Sea World Part 2

After we finished watching Horizons we headed over to the other side of the park.

We first stopped at waterfront first and took some pics. It was completely empty! We saw only two other people around. This wasnt the case later in the day but it was nice to have such a pretty area to ourselves for a bit.

Then we were off to walk along the dock to the other side of the park. It took quite a bit of walking to get over there!

We still had some time before the next Shamu show started so we checked out the Wild Arctic walk through. We didnt end up doing the ride itself because Craig's tummy was not feeling very well. There was no line up for the walk through area of the ride so we walked right in. We sat through a (very boring) video and then went into the walk through. Unfortunatly it was pretty dark so we couldnt take many pics. We did get these two of us in the polar bear area.

In the wild arctic exhibit they had belugas, walruses and polar bears. Unfortunatly there were no polar bears out and about on this day I was kinda disappointed but the belugas were very cute and the walruses were weird to watch. This one huge guy kept swimming into the window over and over. It was actually kinda sad to see. I think he was bored.

After Wild Arctic we headed over to the game area! Craig tried his hand at breaking the plates.

excuse the back sweat lolol poor guy was stuck carrying all my stuff around in his backpack all trip!

He lost! So he tried again in the arcade at one of the claw games.. and again he lost! So i decided to show him how its done and won a little penguin!!

We then walked over the Shamu Stadium and stopped for some pics on the way.

We found a seat near the back, far far away from the soak zone and waiting for Believe to start.

It was a very sweet show. It actually made me a bit teary eyed. I'm not usually into shows like this but I liked this one except for one factor. I really wasnt impressed to see the trainers riding around on the back of Shamu. It kinda bothered me. Other then that it was a sweet show with a nice message... which to be honest I forget what it was lol but I remember it was a nice message. Oh and btw if you plan on seeing Believe... BELIEVE that you WILL get soaked in the soak zone!! That whale is one heck of a splashing machine!

After the Shamu show was over we went to explore and find some lunch. And lunch we did find. It was HORRENDOUS. Such a bad experiance! You can check out my food report for more info if you're interested!

uP next: Exhibits, Exhibits and More Exhibits!

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california

Last edited by Vallie; 09-24-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #122
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Day 2: Sea World Part 3

After we were done our horrible lunch we decided to spend the last couple hours checking out all the exhibits. We decided not to check out any of the rides because Im not a big rollar coaster fan and Craig didnt think they looked any good. Fine with me!!

The first exhibit we checked out was the shark tunnel! It was pretty cool but VERY crowded!! ugh! and bad lighting so again no pictures in the tunnel but this was from outside!

Next we stopped by to say hello to the Clysdale horses, but that was a very short hello because they were pretty stinky!

Craig stopped to take a picture with his favorite thing, BEER!

and another stop for a walrus pic!

and one more for pretty scenary

The next one was the penguin encounter which was ADORIBLE! I loved it!! they are so so so cute!!

After the penguin encounter we took soem cheesey photo booth photos and then I played one of those squirting gun games and won myself a dolphin! (because Craig sucks at Carnival games and Im amazing at them haha)

After then penguin encounter it was off to the sea lions!! Also loved this exhibit because I LOVE sea lions!! You could also feed them but we decided not to because we're kinda cheap lol.

We passed by Atlantis, we wanted to ride but we were running out of time and i still wanted to see the orcas and dolphins under water viewing and mears was comign back to get us soon.

So off to see Shamu we went. There were actually three orcas on display! We stayed here for a while. It was just so amazing to see them play and swim around.

I actually have a video for you guys I think you might like!! this is a video of me when I was about 17 petting an orca at Marineland back at home near me!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LKsTdeU_evc click to view!!!

The last stop was back to Dolphin Cove to check out the underground viewing. We missed it earlier because we were trying to catch the Horizons show. Watching these dolphins under water was just such a touching experiance. They are just the most amazing creatures. They interacted so much with one another and there was even a baby dolphin swimmin with her mommy

We stayed at Dolphin Cove till it was time to go. So we stopped quickly to buy some souvineers and then went to the parking lot to catch the Mears Bus back to POP.

uP next: Downtown Disney

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #123
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallie View Post

was it the movie free willy that made you wanna be a marine biologist by any chance?! cause thats what did it for me lol
YES!!!!! OMG Thats so crazy that you mention that!! I have been thinking about that movie a lot lately and put it on my netflix!! (I'm not sure if they have that where you are...if you don't know what it is, its just like a mailorder movie rental thing...) I've been wanting to watch it!!

I LOVE the rest of your Sea World update!! I just love all the cute little marine animals!! If we ever do go on a joint trip...we NEED to do a swimming with dolphins experience!! Sound good? Lol!

Beluga whales are so beautiful!! But I still love my orcas the most!! And dolphins are just amazing!! Now I'm sad I didn't add a Sea World day!! Oh well. There's always next time!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #124
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Just found your TR and loving it so far! That's awesome you got an upgrade! We're staying at POP in March!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #125
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
YES!!!!! OMG Thats so crazy that you mention that!! I have been thinking about that movie a lot lately and put it on my netflix!! (I'm not sure if they have that where you are...if you don't know what it is, its just like a mailorder movie rental thing...) I've been wanting to watch it!!

I LOVE the rest of your Sea World update!! I just love all the cute little marine animals!! If we ever do go on a joint trip...we NEED to do a swimming with dolphins experience!! Sound good? Lol!

Beluga whales are so beautiful!! But I still love my orcas the most!! And dolphins are just amazing!! Now I'm sad I didn't add a Sea World day!! Oh well. There's always next time!!
lol i actually bought the movie a while ago... it was on sale for 5 bucks!! weird story I used to loveee the guy from it and i looked him up like a couple years ago and hes like a no one now and in some band. so i emailed him on hsi bands webpage and we exchanged a few emails and stuff and i told him i had a huge crush on him when i was a kid. lol

dont be sad! just plan for next time if u have time!! we enjoyed it but probably wont go back again until we have kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Just found your TR and loving it so far! That's awesome you got an upgrade! We're staying at POP in March!
thank you!!! im sure you will have a GREAT time! PoP is so fun and colorful!

Old 09-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #126
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Yep everything's fine, just crazy busy. Being sick though has given me a chance to catch up on everything! I just finished a lot of homework, so I should be good for at least a week! I went home from work today, so I had today off too, ya know they don't want me coughing on all those little babies!! The job's going really really well! I really like it, it was a little overwhelming at first, a lot of information but I'm feeling more comfortable now! Ok did you not just love the penguins!! I think I stayed there for like an hour just watching them! Them and the dolphins were by far my favorite parts! I'm glad you guys had fun, sorry about the food though!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 09-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #127
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great update! I'm glad I'm not the only one who got teary-eyed at the Believe show (but then again I am a big sap ). The penguins are sooo adorable too! When we went we found out that they actually do the lights to simulate the sun rising...so when we went first thing in the morning it was kind of dark and then later in the day it's more "sunny."
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #128
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

hmm.. I'm bummed you didn't have a fantastic time at sea world..but you kinda confirmed what I have always thought. now I know we can save our money and skip it next year lol! cute pics as always!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #129
disneyloverforchrist
Mouseketeer

Still loving all the updates! I dont feel so bad about not going to sea world this trip...all your pictures amede me feel like i was there!

Can't wait to read more

1989---FIRST TRIP Contemporary Resort
Several trips in early 90's staying off site ; 1998---Yacht Club Resort
December 2006---AKL for HONEYMOON, December 2007---Pop Century for Girls Trip! DS was in my belly and kicking for the first time!,December 2008---All Star Music with DH, DS, my mom, my dad , and my brother. , December 2009---POFQ with the hubby for our anniversary January 2011---FIRST trip as DVC owners!!!! May 2012---First trip with my in-laws

Disney Lover For Christ
Old 09-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #130
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Yep everything's fine, just crazy busy. Being sick though has given me a chance to catch up on everything! I just finished a lot of homework, so I should be good for at least a week! I went home from work today, so I had today off too, ya know they don't want me coughing on all those little babies!! The job's going really really well! I really like it, it was a little overwhelming at first, a lot of information but I'm feeling more comfortable now! Ok did you not just love the penguins!! I think I stayed there for like an hour just watching them! Them and the dolphins were by far my favorite parts! I'm glad you guys had fun, sorry about the food though!
i figured as much!! new jobs can do that to ya! my new position is taking a bit to adjust to as well! im glad you are enjoying it though!

sometimes being sick is a good thing i have found haha.

and the penguins were super cute! and the food.. ughh! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great update! I'm glad I'm not the only one who got teary-eyed at the Believe show (but then again I am a big sap ). The penguins are sooo adorable too! When we went we found out that they actually do the lights to simulate the sun rising...so when we went first thing in the morning it was kind of dark and then later in the day it's more "sunny."
dont worry i'm a sap too! it was a pretty touching show! aside from all the whale riding. They are sooo adorible and thats pretty cool about the sun rising thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
hmm.. I'm bummed you didn't have a fantastic time at sea world..but you kinda confirmed what I have always thought. now I know we can save our money and skip it next year lol! cute pics as always!
haha well its definitly something I would recommend doing once if you have a thing for sea animals! that being said I wouldnt go back for many years because i just feel it its a park that more a (really nice) amusement park instead of an experaince like Disney! know what i mean?! We did have a great day though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyloverforchrist View Post
Still loving all the updates! I dont feel so bad about not going to sea world this trip...all your pictures amede me feel like i was there!

Can't wait to read more
thanks so much!! glad you're enjoying it!

Old 09-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #131
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallie View Post

lol i actually bought the movie a while ago... it was on sale for 5 bucks!! weird story I used to loveee the guy from it and i looked him up like a couple years ago and hes like a no one now and in some band. so i emailed him on hsi bands webpage and we exchanged a few emails and stuff and i told him i had a huge crush on him when i was a kid. lol

dont be sad! just plan for next time if u have time!! we enjoyed it but probably wont go back again until we have kids.
Oh I will have to look and see if I can find it somewhere here for super cheap instead!! Thats so funny that you looked him up!! That reminds me...when I was little I *swear* we were staying at the same hotel as the quarterback on our football team then (don't know if you would know, but it was John Elway) and I *swear* that he was walking with his son and saying "ooh look she's checking you out!" (But of course, I was like 9 and can't be 100% sure, but I choose to believe it) and I looked up his son on facebook and myspace. We're friends now...well on there anyway!

And I am already planning for the next few times!! I understand not being able to go back for a while. I really can't afford it off of just what I make...this year I used my tax refund and it should be even bigger next year.
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #132
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Great update! Can't wait to see what kind of shopping you did in DTD!!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #133
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Oh I will have to look and see if I can find it somewhere here for super cheap instead!! Thats so funny that you looked him up!! That reminds me...when I was little I *swear* we were staying at the same hotel as the quarterback on our football team then (don't know if you would know, but it was John Elway) and I *swear* that he was walking with his son and saying "ooh look she's checking you out!" (But of course, I was like 9 and can't be 100% sure, but I choose to believe it) and I looked up his son on facebook and myspace. We're friends now...well on there anyway!

And I am already planning for the next few times!! I understand not being able to go back for a while. I really can't afford it off of just what I make...this year I used my tax refund and it should be even bigger next year.
lol we're both clearly weirdos! oh and i used my tax refund for this trip too! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Great update! Can't wait to see what kind of shopping you did in DTD!!!!
thank u!! and not much shopping that night as you will see!!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #134
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Day 2: The Great Spagetti Adventure at DTD

So after waiting FOREVER for Mears to arrive in the hot hot sun

ahhh... look at those baby blues <3

they finially decided to arrive with a huge motor coach bus. Our driver was super nice and he was singing along to every song haha

We returned pretty early, about 4pm and we took a shower and relaxed for a bit and then started trying to decide what to eat. I had seen some pics on some food porn thread of spagetti and meatballs from Wolfgang Puck Express. I knew I wanted to try it out at some point on our vacation so I thought tonight would be good for that!

So we went and caught a bus for DTD and soon enough we arrived. I had never been to DTD really except for Pleasure Island on New Years two years ago. I was excited to look around. We didnt take any pics because it was supposed to be a quick look around and grab the food and go home sorta thing! We had an actual DTD night planned later in the trip so you will see pics from then!

So we checked out a few of the stores and then we passed by Cookes of Dublin and I remembered that I MUST get a Doh Bar!! So after waiting in line for what seemed like FOREVER we finially got our taste of this delicious fried chocolate bar that I had been dreaming about. It was everything I imagined and more. You can read about it on my Food Report if you'd like!

So after that we continued on to Wolf Gang Puck Express and got some drinks along the way. This is where my back started to really hurt. I have really bad lower back problems and its acts up sometimes. I guess being on my feet for the last two days was starting to get to me. Usually if I take an advil I'm ok but I didnt have any on me! But I was determined to get this spagetti and meatballs so we kept on trekkin! We finially got to Wolf Gang's only to find out that they do not serve the spagetti (or any pasta) at the Express part anymore!! GRRR!! I was pretty bummed. We were gunna get some Earl of Sandwhich instead but I was feeling pretty pigish so we decided to just get some pizza back at the resort so back to PoP we went.

We grabbed a cab back home because my back was pretty bad at this point. Once we got there we ordered a whole pizza from the food court (counts as two CS) and went back to our room, watched some TV and pigged out!!

I took an advil and I felt much better. So we called for our wake up call and off to sleep we went.

Up Next: Hollywood Studios

Old 09-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #135
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

Hey girl, so what were your final thoughts on seaworld? Did you love it? I thought it was a nice break from Disney, but not as great. The food does suck though! Sorry I've been MIA, life is crazy for me right now--but I just caught up!!! Can't wait to hear about DHS!
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: