Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #76
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report! I knew your DBF would get addicted!
Can't wait for more!

I love the plans about Fantasyland! I teared up too. This is just one more reason that being a DVC member is AWESOME!!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:40 PM   #77
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

I just saw in your Dining report you went to Sea World! I am going there for the first time in 2 weeks I know to avoid that restaurant but can't wait to hear what else that was like!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #78
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
I think the new Fantaysland is going to be AWESOME!What is going to be added is SO much more than what will be lost with the end of Toontown.Historically,Toontown was never intended to be a permanent part of Magic Kingdom.I wonder if this is a direct response to Universal's expansion plans.One thing that caught my attention was the "Castle walls" that Guests will walk throughn to enter the new area.They look amazing.This doubling of size is finally going to end the TERRIBLE "Fantasyland Bottleneck"!
I completely agree! It will be awesome! Im willing to loose toontown for it too. I think it probably does have to do with universal. Just wondering what does the Fantasyland Bottleneck mean!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ahh, sorry, I'm a little behind! Just saw the surprise...that is awesome!

I can't wait for the Fantasyland updates. The Little Mermaid ride...there's actually a "preview" of it on the Little Mermaid DVD. Apparently it was a lost attraction that was never built but after they released the DVD they got so many responses to it they must've decided to go ahead with it! It all sounds amazing. Harry Potter land is going to be great too. So much to look forward to!
thank u!! it was a great surprise! Ive seen the preview it looks great! and i LOVE the little mermaid. shes my fave! Craig is very excited for the new star tours at HS and snl ride at universal! Cant wait to return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
I think the expansion looks amazing! I can't wait for that and Star Tours I just got sucked in and watched everything I can from D23.
hehe me tooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Great update! Looks like you had a breakfast at 1900! We are going there for a late breakfast on our December trip and have never been...so, we are looking forward to it!
its pretty good! i did a more in depth review on my dining report if you are interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelovMickey! View Post
Loving your trip report! I knew your DBF would get addicted!
Can't wait for more!

I love the plans about Fantasyland! I teared up too. This is just one more reason that being a DVC member is AWESOME!!
thank u! im so glad he did love it as much as he did! i wanna be a DVC member! one day I hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
I just saw in your Dining report you went to Sea World! I am going there for the first time in 2 weeks I know to avoid that restaurant but can't wait to hear what else that was like!
yes we did! Sea World was actaully WONDERFUL except that restruant. ugh. what an awful experiance

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Old 09-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #79
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Hey all! Hope everyone is doim good! Just wanted to give you all a quick update on my life! I started my new position at my job and so far its been really great! I work as a resource person for a before and after school program and I used to have my own program but now I go from program to program helping out and giving ideas. Its pretty fun and its something new and exciting everyday!

Ive also made a huge life decision and I was tryibng to decide what to do for my post grad, Human Resources or Teaching and Im going with teaching! I’m applying this month so wish me luck! The only bad part of this decision is moving in with Craig will have to wait a while longer till Im done schooling which makes me sad since he lives so far away from meee! grr

And as for Craig well he is just looking for a full time job in journalism and he is actually just returning from a weekend trip to new York with his family because his grandma is here from England!

So lucky him for two vacations!! While im at work!! Yuck!

Anyways thats all with us... Magic Kingdom next post!!!

O and YAY me for 1000 posts!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #80
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom: Part One

So when I last left off we were at the Grand Floridian Monerail station waiting for the monorail. It quickly came and within minutes we had arrived at the Magic Kingdom.

We took the obligatory pic in front of the Magic Kingdom Train station and then into the place I love most in the world we went.

First Look at the castle.

Now Craig at this point was just looking around in awe. Like he seriously looked like a little kid again. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen... EVER! He turned to me and said wow.. this is intense. Hehe I adore him.

Anyways so we had planned on trying our Ridemax for the day but that didn’t start until 3:30pm (after the parade) and it was only 12ish so we decided to walk around for a bit!

First we went and took some castle pics...

Which I think turned out very cute! Except for the hideous crane in the background! Ugh!! Good thing it was gone by our last day!

Then as we finished up with that we ran into the celebrations party/parade thing. It was pretty cute. We watched for a bit then we decided to take Craig on his first ride.

Nice bum where ya from!

So we headed over to Adventureland and headed to Pirates. It was only a 5 minute wait so into line we went.

Craig really enjoyed the ride, as did I, how could I not with mr jack sparrow animatronics around?

After the ride was done we headed to the gift shop and decided to play pirates. Arrrr.

After Pirates we headed over to Splash Mountain and grabbed a FP for later that night. We wandered around Adventureland and Frontierland for a bit and took some pics, enjoyed the sights and I enjoyed watching Craig see everything for the first time. Heres some wandering pics...

Then we decided to head over to the Haunted Mansion. It was only a 20 minute wait but we actually only ended up waiting 10-15mins. Heres some line pics!

Haunted Mansion is one of my faves, and I knew Craig would love it! Which he did!! He was completely amazed by the awesomeness that is the Haunted Mansion. I knew I had him hooked!!!

After the Haunted Mansion it was about 2:15pm. We decided to go look for the perfect parade spot, have a nice cold drink and sit and relax before the parade. And the perfect parade spot we did find. The pics would have been PERFECT except for the crane!!! But im still very happy with how the pics turned out!

Heres Craig waiting for the parade to start! He looks so excited... lol

Parade Pics Continued Below....

Last edited by Vallie; 09-15-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #81
Vallie
DIS Veteran

The Parade!

I loveee this parade! It was so cute and Im so glad we got such awesome spots! We were completely unobstructed with no one in front of us and the castle in the background! We also got a ton of character interaction! Chip and Dale came over to us were playing around and Genie came over and kissed my hand! O la la! Hehe I was just so happy during this parade I think I coulda cried.

Here’s my fave shots from the parade! Im starting to get the hang of this photography thing!

up next.... A Ridemax Afternoon at MK

Last edited by Vallie; 09-14-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #82
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

1,000 Posts! Congrats! I'm here...I've been reading..just ridiculously busy

Loved your 1900 Park Fare Update- Shouldn't Alice have acted more in character, saying something like, "Yeah, I am" not "Yeah, she is?" hahaha! can't wait to see the parade pics...isn't main st. great with a first timer?
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #83
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

we posted at the same time! love your pictures of the parade..that's such an amazing spot? Think it's as good for spectro?
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:47 AM   #84
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
1,000 Posts! Congrats! I'm here...I've been reading..just ridiculously busy

Loved your 1900 Park Fare Update- Shouldn't Alice have acted more in character, saying something like, "Yeah, I am" not "Yeah, she is?" hahaha! can't wait to see the parade pics...isn't main st. great with a first timer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
we posted at the same time! love your pictures of the parade..that's such an amazing spot? Think it's as good for spectro?
no worries! planning two trips can be time consuming! hehe

i never thought of that... maybe she did say Yeah I am.. But I think she said Yeah she is... hmm... whatever she said at least she did it with a british accent lol Main street is awesome with a first timer hehe It was actually really overwhelming for me too!

and thank u! Its sucha great spot! I think it would work for spectro for sure but Im just not sure if spectro follows the same parade path? if it does this is the spot to be!

Old 09-15-2009, 05:56 AM   #85
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

perfect spot for the parade! and i totally think pirate and the haunted mansion are the two ride that best show the disney magic. great start to the day
Old 09-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #86
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Great parade pix! Too bad about the crane! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on ridemax! I just bought it for my December trip!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #87
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Wow Vallie! I love your TR so far!! Can't wait to read some more.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
Old 09-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #88
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Spectromagic does follow the same route.The Fantasyland Bottleneck is just my term for the "traffic conjestion" that occurs in Fantasyland at busy times with all the families with children there and also Guests using that route to go from Tomorrowland to Liberty Square and vice-versa.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #89
DSNYGRL_JKS2006
Mouseketeer

awww girl great updates!!! I'm loving your TR!!!! PS I LOVE the ring, that is sooo romantic !!
Old 09-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #90
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
perfect spot for the parade! and i totally think pirate and the haunted mansion are the two ride that best show the disney magic. great start to the day
it really was pefect! and completely agree! those rides are pure disney magic at its best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Great parade pix! Too bad about the crane! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on ridemax! I just bought it for my December trip!
ughh that crane! luckily it was gone by our last day though so we got some pics without it in it! Ridemax was absolutly AMAZING! and sooooo accurate. best 20 bucks I've EVER spent!! you are gunna love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
Wow Vallie! I love your TR so far!! Can't wait to read some more.
thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
Spectromagic does follow the same route.The Fantasyland Bottleneck is just my term for the "traffic conjestion" that occurs in Fantasyland at busy times with all the families with children there and also Guests using that route to go from Tomorrowland to Liberty Square and vice-versa.
ooo i see! thats very true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYGRL_JKS2006 View Post
awww girl great updates!!! I'm loving your TR!!!! PS I LOVE the ring, that is sooo romantic !!
thank you!!! i love it too! its beind resized right now! i'll be able to finially wear it by next weekend!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: