Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 PM   #61
DLo
DIS Veteran

Now that is what I call and upgrade - gf to soon to be fiance'.
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
Old 09-11-2009, 08:45 AM   #62
ibedancin824
Mouseketeer

Yayyy for the room upgrade! And that was soooo sweet of craig to order that basket and get you the ring!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #63
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

what a sweet surprise! I bet he was so proud of himself..most of the men I know tend to puff out their chests and stand up a little taller when they do something that obviously pleases their lady (and I mean that in a clean way!)
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**

UP NEXT: Wilderness Lodge 11/2012
Old 09-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #64
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
OMG what an awesome surprise from Craig!! SOOOO FREAKIN CUTEEEEE! <3 Love the ring, AND the gifts/champagne/glasses! love love love!!

did I mention I love it? haha
it was an awesome surprise! i was really impressed! i loved it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
AWE FREAKING AWE.. Craig I love you dude! How sweet! See, my dreams always come true.. even if the Vallie and Craig looked nothing like the real you! I look forward to hearing how you liked 1900 pf!!
haha ill never doubt you again! that update is coming up next... too bad you are IN DISNEY WORLD right NOW!! and cant read it till u get home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
OMG that's freakin awesome!! What a sweet amazing thing to do!! I love the basket and the ring is gorgeous!! Kuddos to Craig!![
hehe i loved them both too! I was very happy with him :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
So sweet! You better hang on to him! Can't wait for the next update!!!!!
im never letting him go! ever! next update is comin up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranic View Post
So sweet!!! Good job Craig!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranic View Post
Forgot to say, I can't wait to hear about 1900 Park Fare. That is one of our ADRs in October!
thats coming up next!!! are you going for breakfast as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post
Now that is what I call and upgrade - gf to soon to be fiance'.
hehe i hope so! maybe next trip i'll get the engagement ring!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibedancin824 View Post
Yayyy for the room upgrade! And that was soooo sweet of craig to order that basket and get you the ring!
it was very sweet of him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
what a sweet surprise! I bet he was so proud of himself..most of the men I know tend to puff out their chests and stand up a little taller when they do something that obviously pleases their lady (and I mean that in a clean way!)
haha it was so sweet! and he was pretty proud of himself! everyone he knew was asking me how i liked the surprise when we came back so I guess he told everyone about it! hehe

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Old 09-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #65
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Our First Taste of Disney

So after getting all out stuff packed up and recovering from the sweet surprises we were off on our way to 1900 Park Fare! I figured schedualing a late breakfast with some characters would be a great way to ease Craig into all the Disney stuff!

We took the buses to Magic Kingdom, and then headed over to the resport boat launches for the Grand Floridian Resort. The boat ride over was pretty fun, I had never been at any boat at Disney World. Craig thought it was impressive that they had boats AND monorails AND busses going to the resorts and parks! Hehe

Heres some pics of the ride over...

We got to the Grand Floridian a bit early so we went to the podium and they gave us one of those buzzers. We went to wander in the gift shops and lobby and after no time we were called. We both got our picture taken and then we were seated. We both thought the restaurant was so so pretty.

Here’s us in resturant lobby area

They took the same pic of us and tried to sell it for 30 bucks when we went in! no thanks!

If you want to read my review about the food itself, you can do that by clicking HERE!!

So our waitress came over, and then we were off to get our first round of food.

Throughout the breakfast we were visited twice by Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger! We both liked Mary Poppins the best! She was very in character and very sweet.

Next was Alice, she was pretty good but not as authentic as Mary Poppins. I for some reason forgot that Alice is English in the movie and I said something like, I didn’t know Alice was English and she looked at me strangely and she was like yes yes she is. And i was like o.. okay then! I was kinda outta it at that morning I don’t know how i could forget that.. even craig gave me “the look”

Next came Pooh and Tigger who were very cute, and Craigs first fuzzy character meeting!

Last to visit us was Mad Hatter! I was pretty excited to meet him! He was pretty crazy! He was talking to some teens at the table beside us about piercing their ears or something like that and we he came to us he took one look at me and looked back at them and said... and said some people even pierce their nose... and then he turned to Craig and said very loudly AND SOME EVEN TO THIER LIPS! OH MY GOD! Lol Craig wasn’t very impressed. He posed for some pics with us and then noticed I had my happy anniversary button on and yelled out well HAPPPY ANNIVERSARY! And then proceeded to very loudly asked me if I was just with him because he was rich lol I thought he was pretty funny.

After we finished eating we wandered around the resort for a bit and took some pics. The Grand Floridian is sooo beautiful! Its definitely my second choice as to where I’d like to stay next time (first choice is the Poly!)

Heres some pics we took around the Grand Floridian

And then we went and caught the resort monorail. Next stop.... The Magic Kingdom!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #66
AmandaSparks730
All shall know the wonder of purple summerHow do you document real life, when real life is getting more like fiction each day?Glitter-Sparkle Powah!

Congrats on the ring

Hopping on board here! I'd always wondered what they ment by "Mary Poppins & Friends" for the 1900 Park Faire breakfast. Well, now I know! Care for a spot of tea?
Old 09-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #67
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Love what your bf did! How cute! (Don't think mine would even know where to begin!!)
Old 09-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #68
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaSparks730 View Post
Congrats on the ring

Hopping on board here! I'd always wondered what they ment by "Mary Poppins & Friends" for the 1900 Park Faire breakfast. Well, now I know! Care for a spot of tea?
helllo! welcome! glad to help! and i dont drink tea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Love what your bf did! How cute! (Don't think mine would even know where to begin!!)
i loved it tooo! i was very surprised he was able to plan it all

Old 09-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #69
Vallie
DIS Veteran

So what does everyone think of the new annoucement of the fantasyland expansion?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08W5Os-Wnj0

I think it looks FANTASTIC and I teared up just watching it! Craig has already agreed we are definitly 100% going back in 2012 for this, the new star tours and the new harry potter land! sooo happy!

I know alot of people do not like that toontown is being demolished but personally I didnt really like toon town and felt it didnt fit in with the rest of the MK. I was very happy to hear that none of the other fantasyland rides would be touched, if that was the case I would not be supportive AT ALL!

I think what I'm most excited for is the Little Mermaid ride and Im sure Craig will be excited for Gastons Pub! hehe

The only thing I dont like about the expansion is the Dumbo thing. Dumbo to me is such a strong MK icon and I think the thought of two dumbos sounds kind of weird. I think the circus thing sounds really good but I think there should only be one Dumbo! And im kinda sad that Dumbo will no longer be behind the castle But I'm sure they will make it looks fantasic and I wont be complaining as soon as I see it!

Anyways whats everyone elses thoughts?!

Old 09-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #70
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Great Report! Cant wait to read more! Beautiful ring, your bday must be in Nov? My DD is also..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 09-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #71
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Great Report! Cant wait to read more! Beautiful ring, your bday must be in Nov? My DD is also..
hii! welcome! and thank u! my birthday is in november! i usually hate my birth stone but this ring is so pretty and works well with the color!

Old 09-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #72
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

I think the new Fantaysland is going to be AWESOME!What is going to be added is SO much more than what will be lost with the end of Toontown.Historically,Toontown was never intended to be a permanent part of Magic Kingdom.I wonder if this is a direct response to Universal's expansion plans.One thing that caught my attention was the "Castle walls" that Guests will walk throughn to enter the new area.They look amazing.This doubling of size is finally going to end the TERRIBLE "Fantasyland Bottleneck"!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #73
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Ahh, sorry, I'm a little behind! Just saw the surprise...that is awesome!

I can't wait for the Fantasyland updates. The Little Mermaid ride...there's actually a "preview" of it on the Little Mermaid DVD. Apparently it was a lost attraction that was never built but after they released the DVD they got so many responses to it they must've decided to go ahead with it! It all sounds amazing. Harry Potter land is going to be great too. So much to look forward to!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #74
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

I think the expansion looks amazing! I can't wait for that and Star Tours I just got sucked in and watched everything I can from D23.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #75
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Great update! Looks like you had a breakfast at 1900! We are going there for a late breakfast on our December trip and have never been...so, we are looking forward to it!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: