Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #31
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great start! I think I am the only person on the DIS who never gets towel animals. LOL.

Can't wait for more.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #32
ibedancin824
Mouseketeer

Heyy joining in!!! We were at POP the 19th-25th so our dates overlapped!! Hope you got a different room!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #33
kiranic
Mouseketeer

I'm on board! I leave in 30 days and am going to live through your trip report!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #34
DSNYGRL_JKS2006
Mouseketeer

Hey girl IM IN! joining you from your PTR!!! cant wait to read... GREAT START so far !!!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #35
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

How was the Castle Dream Suite?Just remember moths,frogs,etc.are not ONLY at Value Resorts.In fact,the only snake I have seen at any Resort I was staying at was at Port Orleans-Riverside(sorry,but Value Resorts get "picked on" a lot ).I am going to guess that you got transferred to an IllumiNations-View room or a Preferred Room(at no extra cost).
Old 09-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #36
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear about what happens!! I hope you got an upgrade!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #37
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigclark View Post
You didn't exactly convert me. If anything you got that "Part Of Your World" song stuck in my head. Now I look like a fruitcake walking around singing that song. Thanks Disney for ruining my reputation as badass.
Best vacation ever. I miss it there with you.

You're great keep up the trip report with my help of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallie View Post
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]

o yea i did! i believe it was YOU who was already planning our next vacation by day 2 and who talks about it all the time! and that song is cool, so if anything it just makes you look cooler then u are! it was the best vacation ever and i miss it toooo! lets go back now?
Aw man...you guys are so cute. You make me miss my boy. He's deployed right now for the army. And the last time I flew out to see him (the night before he left), we were going to split the cost but then he paid for everything so I wouldn't have to worry about having money for Disney. It made my heart melt when he said that. Aw.

Anywho, when he gets out of the army, we are planning on going on a Disney vacation. I think we're doing definitely doing the parks, but then also going on a cruise. I can't wait. Stay on the Dis and you and Craig should come with us!! lol!! It'll be a few years though...but thats okay!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #38
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

Hey! Sorry I just caught up on things, I've had a really busy weekend! Love your trip report so far. That's so yucky about the stains! I really hope he finds his bandana and that you don't have to live with the stains. I'm heading over to your dining report now!
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #39
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Wow I have alot to catch up on! Ok I love the luggage pic!! So true, so true! I'm glad you had a good flight! It was the same way for me, very weird to have Ian on the plane with me but very exciting!! Ian was definitely talking about our next trip by like the second day too! Ugh sorry about the stains, how gross. We didn't have any problems with our room. Hmm I wonder what's going to happen with your room! We had a tough time finding our room too and it was in the 60s section like right next to the main building! I hope things go better for you!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 09-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #40
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo, updates and now you're there!! Ick to moths and frogs, but at least no love bugs!!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #41
DominicaAnne
Mouseketeer

Hi there! Great TR so far. I followed you over from your dining review thread. I'm looking forward to hearing how you got DBF hooked on that Disney feeling.

We're flying out of Buffalo for our Thanksgiving trip. Jet Blue and Southwest both have direct flights to and from Orlando from Buffalo, just FYI for your next trip. It's so awesome to just have to get on one plane and then poof! you're in Orlando.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #42
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

WooHoo can't wait for more! Glad you had such a good time!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #43
fan4mickey
Earning My Ears

Oh my Gosh! You made me crack up with the visual of DBF running and screaming from the frog. Great report so far!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #44
Vallie
DIS Veteran

An Upgrade!!

So what happened with our room?
Well we got to front desk and we told them about the stain and they said unfortunately they were completely booked up due to free dining but they would move us in the morning. I had asked the lady if there was any way we could get a king sized bed room in the morning, but she said that she wouldnít be able to do that. So we were told they would call us in the morning and if we wanted to move rooms then we could just leave our luggage, go to the parks and come pick our key after the parks. We said ok and off we went back to the room, which was much easier to find this time. Too bad we still couldnít find Craigs bandana (but donít worry hes over it!)

Once we got back to the room we decided that we would just stay in the room because we wanted to just get unpacked and it was just some small stains, who cares? If they were just going to move us to another double bed room anyways there would really be no difference so why go through the trouble of moving... that and the fact that I wanted to unpack and not worry about it.. And besides we were away from the noise and near the computer pool. So we grabbed a quick snack of chips, unpacked and then went to sleep around 3am! Good thing we had a late reservation in the morning.

So we woke up the next morning at 9am for our 11am reservation, and even though I should have been exhausted I was awake and super excited! We checked our voicemail and we did have a message to call front desk, so I did and just as I was about tell them we would just stay in our room they said that they were giving us a preferred room, king sized bed with a fridge in the 70s building! YAY!! I was super happy, especially after sleeping with Craig in a very small double bed lol and we quickly packed back up and started to get ready for the day. As I was getting ready the phone rang again and Craig answered it and told someone to come on over... I assumed that it was the guy for our luggage, but I was wrong!!!

So who came to the door anyways?? Iíll give you a hint... It wasnít the bellboy and it was something(s) that made me very happy!

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #45
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirl81 View Post
I am so excited to read your TR. I am a huge Disney fanatic and my husband has never really been! I am taking him on his first real trip in October and I hope I can convert him!

Looking forward to reading more!
thank u! and welcome! im sure you'll be able to convert him! seems like most of the people on here trying to convert thier DH or DBFs are able to do it with one trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great start! I think I am the only person on the DIS who never gets towel animals. LOL.

Can't wait for more.
haha well dont worry we only got one in each room and both were small!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibedancin824 View Post
Heyy joining in!!! We were at POP the 19th-25th so our dates overlapped!! Hope you got a different room!
heyy! welcome!!! and we did hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranic View Post
I'm on board! I leave in 30 days and am going to live through your trip report!
haha well i feel special! welcome along!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYGRL_JKS2006 View Post
Hey girl IM IN! joining you from your PTR!!! cant wait to read... GREAT START so far !!!
thank u!!!! glad you're enjoying it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
How was the Castle Dream Suite?Just remember moths,frogs,etc.are not ONLY at Value Resorts.In fact,the only snake I have seen at any Resort I was staying at was at Port Orleans-Riverside(sorry,but Value Resorts get "picked on" a lot ).I am going to guess that you got transferred to an IllumiNations-View room or a Preferred Room(at no extra cost).
haha i wish it was the castle dream suite!! i know they probably aren't and we didnt see any again after that night, the reason being was we thought the delux and mods were all indoor hotels but we found our later thats not the case!

and we did get the prefered room so great guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Can't wait to hear about what happens!! I hope you got an upgrade!
we did!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Aw man...you guys are so cute. You make me miss my boy. He's deployed right now for the army. And the last time I flew out to see him (the night before he left), we were going to split the cost but then he paid for everything so I wouldn't have to worry about having money for Disney. It made my heart melt when he said that. Aw.

Anywho, when he gets out of the army, we are planning on going on a Disney vacation. I think we're doing definitely doing the parks, but then also going on a cruise. I can't wait. Stay on the Dis and you and Craig should come with us!! lol!! It'll be a few years though...but thats okay!
aww thank u!!! im sorry to hear abvout your man, at least u have that cute little guy of yours at home with u to keep you company! he sounds like a sweetie though and i cant wait to read your ptr for that trip! and who knows maybe we will see ya there hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
Hey! Sorry I just caught up on things, I've had a really busy weekend! Love your trip report so far. That's so yucky about the stains! I really hope he finds his bandana and that you don't have to live with the stains. I'm heading over to your dining report now!
no problem lady! glad you're liking it! stains are yucky, even in disney and unfortunatly he did not find the bandana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Wow I have alot to catch up on! Ok I love the luggage pic!! So true, so true! I'm glad you had a good flight! It was the same way for me, very weird to have Ian on the plane with me but very exciting!! Ian was definitely talking about our next trip by like the second day too! Ugh sorry about the stains, how gross. We didn't have any problems with our room. Hmm I wonder what's going to happen with your room! We had a tough time finding our room too and it was in the 60s section like right next to the main building! I hope things go better for you!!
haha i thought it was pretty clever if i do say so myself! haha silly boyfriends, gotta love em!
man that place is so confusing at first walk around, especially at 1am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Woo hoo, updates and now you're there!! Ick to moths and frogs, but at least no love bugs!!!
haha yes ive heard of those... and no palmetto bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicaAnne View Post
Hi there! Great TR so far. I followed you over from your dining review thread. I'm looking forward to hearing how you got DBF hooked on that Disney feeling.

We're flying out of Buffalo for our Thanksgiving trip. Jet Blue and Southwest both have direct flights to and from Orlando from Buffalo, just FYI for your next trip. It's so awesome to just have to get on one plane and then poof! you're in Orlando.
welcome over here too! thats great info to know! id much rather take a direct flight if we can next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
WooHoo can't wait for more! Glad you had such a good time!
thank you! we had a wonderful time

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4mickey View Post
Oh my Gosh! You made me crack up with the visual of DBF running and screaming from the frog. Great report so far!
lol glad u liked that, it made me laugh too! he hates frogs its so funny (in a cute way of course!)

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: