Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #151
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great updates! That's good you only had to wait 15 minutes to get the TSM fastpasses. Some of those crowds are insane!

I could be wrong but I seem to remember reading somewhere they were going to be updating Star Tours since it's so outdated. Who knows though.

Glad you enjoyed Sci Fi so much! We've eaten there a couple times and just love the atmosphere. Next time we go I might have to try one of the milkshakes if they're so good!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #152
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I was kinda disappointed by Star Tours too. (maybe its also because I'm not a star wars fan!) Hopefully the updates make it TONS better! I didn't get to go on GMR! Can't wait to hear how you liked RNRC!! I loved it! So fun!
i think they will definitly make it alot better with the updates! and RnRC is my FAVE!!! i love it ToT on the other hand... well you'll see what happens lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great updates! That's good you only had to wait 15 minutes to get the TSM fastpasses. Some of those crowds are insane!

I could be wrong but I seem to remember reading somewhere they were going to be updating Star Tours since it's so outdated. Who knows though.

Glad you enjoyed Sci Fi so much! We've eaten there a couple times and just love the atmosphere. Next time we go I might have to try one of the milkshakes if they're so good!
Thank you! the line up was CRAZY like a couple minutes after we got into line the line was SOOOO long. Star Tours is supposed to be updated I believe by 2011 and Im sure it will be great!

And Sci Fi was awesome I really loved the atmosphere. Definitly get the milkshake next time you go! its super yummy.

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #153
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to wish everyone a....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

for us canadians its thanksgiving today and i have the day off!!

so me and craig are just waiting for our turkey dinner! yum

Old 10-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #154
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Looks like a fun DHS day!

I'm glad you did One Man's Dream. So many people just walk by it. They don't know what they're missing!

Oooh, I would've ordered the shrimp pasta too! Looks good.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #155
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Looks like a fun DHS day!

I'm glad you did One Man's Dream. So many people just walk by it. They don't know what they're missing!

Oooh, I would've ordered the shrimp pasta too! Looks good.
We did! Theres lots more to come!

Its a shame so many people walk by, there wasnt many people in there when we went and its a shame since without Walt and his amazing ideas Disney World would not exist!

The shrimp pasta was pretty delish

Last edited by Vallie; 10-12-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #156
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

I hope Toy Story Mania lived up to the hype.I know it doesn't for everyone.I have even heard that some Guests like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin better.I like BLSRS,but it just doesn't have the amazing technology that TSM does.OH,THE SUSPENSE!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #157
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
I hope Toy Story Mania lived up to the hype.I know it doesn't for everyone.I have even heard that some Guests like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin better.I like BLSRS,but it just doesn't have the amazing technology that TSM does.OH,THE SUSPENSE!

Well I'll give you a hint.... we are not one of those people who like Buzz better!

Old 10-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #158
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallie View Post

Well I'll give you a hint.... we are not one of those people who like Buzz better!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #159
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

i think they will definitly make it alot better with the updates! and RnRC is my FAVE!!! i love it ToT on the other hand... well you'll see what happens lol
Oh the suspense is killing me!!! I need to know what happens with you and my favorite ride!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #160
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post

Quote:
Oh the suspense is killing me!!! I need to know what happens with you and my favorite ride!
haha thats coming up sooon! im gunna work on it now and hopefully post tomorrow!!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #161
Vallie
DIS Veteran

helllo all!

just a quick update! alllll my stuff has been sent in for teachers college! so now we wait!!! cross your fingers for mee!!!

o and im working on the rest of the DHS day so expect a post tomorrow! <3

Last edited by Vallie; 10-14-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:33 AM   #162
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

HIP HIP HOORAY!!

Good luck! I'm sure it will all go well!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #163
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HIP HIP HOORAY!!

Good luck! I'm sure it will all go well!
I really hope so!!

Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #164
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Disneys Hollywood Studios: Part Two

After lunch at the Sci Fi we were ready to hit the hot hot heat again! We had some free time schedualed and then we were scheduled to watch the 3pm Block Party Blast but we decided we were going to skip that and use that time to wander instead.

First stop was the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show.

A show was just being let in and lucky us, we got front and center seats! Whats not to love about this show? Its one of my faves, probably because Little Mermaid is by far my favorite Disney movie and princess. I love the under the sea number and the movie clips playing in the background.

Second stop was the animation studio. There were two things I wanted to accomplish in there. Number One: Meet Sorcerer Mickey
Number Two: Meet the UP characters

Unfortunatly only one of those things happened! Before we got into the character meet and greets we checked out some of the art work. I really loved the Dumbo artwork and the movie cells. Craig said he definitly wants to get some cool Alice artwork for our house.

After wandering the paintings we wandered down to where the character meets were. First was FroZone. I had no real interest in meeting him, I havent even seen the Incredibles. But hes a pretty cool lookin dude and he had no line so we went and snapped a super awesome posed shot with him.

After that we headed over to the uP characters but there was a HUGE line so we went over to Mickey instead, hoping the line would be shorter when we were done. Heres us with the head honcho himself, he was a pretty flirty Mickey, blowing kisses and pulling me around. lol

After Mickey we headed back to the UP characters, but the line was SO huge. We still wanted to wander around so we decided to sacrafice the meeting of the up characters. We did get some cute shots of them anyways.

After the animation studios it was time for the bickering to begin. We headed over to Tower of Terror. And this is when my panic attack began to set in. Im not sure as to why but for some reason the thought of going on ToT this year scared the living beegeus out of me. Ive been on it a couple of times before and last time I was pretty scared too but was still about to go on. I told Craig I was pretty scared but I told him Im sure I would still go on. He was pretty insistent that he would really like it if I would go on with him. And I told him I would try my best to go on and we grabbed the FPs.

thats Craig explaining to me that i better get my bum on ToT with him or ELSE!

After we got our ToT FPs we decided to hit RnRC.

We snapped some pics and then got into the FP line.

Everyone was taking lame "cheese" pics in front of the sign so we decided to be rebelious and stand on the ledge for ours and do a ridiculous pose. After we left we saw people copying our pose. Dont understand why.. since we look like huge geeks (I am pretty happy with this pic though! ).

After that we entered the line, and boy were we ever glad we got FPs for this line, because all I could hear as we got in line was loud chanting mixed in with the screaming and giggling of teenage girls. I thought to myself could it really be?? and it WAS! Lo and Behold we saw one of the mythical Brazillian Tour Groups you always hear about on the DIS. How exiting..... and annoying! Thank goodness the FP line moved VERY quickly. I couldnt help but feel sorry for the many annoyed looking people around those girls int he regular line. We were quickly seated in our limo seat and off we went!!

RnRC definitly did not dissapoint. It was SOOOOOOOOO much fun! Its still one of my faves and Craig LOVED it!

After RnRC it was time for ..... Toy Story Mania! So we headed on over back to Pixar place and into the insane line of TSM.

Even with our FPs we were still in line for QUITE a long time. We finially got to the front of the line and hopped onto our cart thingy and off we went.

While we both agreed that we probably dont think it was worth the 75 minute wait the regular que now has we did agree that we LOVED it!! It was so cool and we had so much fun playing the games. Both of our arms were so sore. We had made a bet going on while in line that if Craig won I had to go on ToT and if I won I could chicken out without Craig getting angry!

So who won TSM??? Will I actually go on ToT?! You'll find out on the final part of DHS!

Old 10-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #165
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
helllo all!

just a quick update! alllll my stuff has been sent in for teachers college! so now we wait!!! cross your fingers for mee!!!

o and im working on the rest of the DHS day so expect a post tomorrow! <3
Yay! Good luck!

And another fun update. I wish we would've met the Up characters!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: