Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #137
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Ohhhh! I first read about the fried chocolate bar on your PTR and decided that I wanted to try one when we go in December. Now that I saw it and heard how good it was, I am definitely trying one!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #138
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallie View Post

lol we're both clearly weirdos! oh and i used my tax refund for this trip too! hehe!
Oh man! We have so much in common from stalking childhood crushes to using tax refunds to not liking chunky salsa!! How cute. lol

Sorry your back started to hurt! I hope it doesn't act up throughout the trip! That pizza looks delicious! I could go for some right now!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 10-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #139
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

mmmm I never heard of the doh bar!!! I'll have to go get some next time!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #140
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Miss your updates!! I hope all is going well!! You must be busy at work!! I hope everything is okay and thats all it is!!

Can't wait for more!

Old 10-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #141
Vallie
DIS Veteran

hi alll!

I feel SO So guilty for neglecting this trip report but this new job has been leaving me with no time to do anything.

and put applying to teacher college and putting everything together its all a little much.

but i PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE that I will do an update today or tomorrow at the latest!

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Old 10-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #142
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere, so its okay! Don't feel guilty, totally understand being busy!! How is your new job and applying for teacher school going? I hope its all well!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #143
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
Hey girl, so what were your final thoughts on seaworld? Did you love it? I thought it was a nice break from Disney, but not as great. The food does suck though! Sorry I've been MIA, life is crazy for me right now--but I just caught up!!! Can't wait to hear about DHS!
heyy! ive been MIA too as you can see! Sea World was a great time and well wroth a trip to see! but def not great as Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
OMG.. that fried yumminess looked to die for.. on my list for next year! thanks!
haha it was SOOO yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Ohhhh! I first read about the fried chocolate bar on your PTR and decided that I wanted to try one when we go in December. Now that I saw it and heard how good it was, I am definitely trying one!
haha yay! it was so yummy! hope you love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Oh man! We have so much in common from stalking childhood crushes to using tax refunds to not liking chunky salsa!! How cute. lol

Sorry your back started to hurt! I hope it doesn't act up throughout the trip! That pizza looks delicious! I could go for some right now!
haha that IS cute!! i could go for some too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
mmmm I never heard of the doh bar!!! I'll have to go get some next time!
you MUST! its so yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere, so its okay! Don't feel guilty, totally understand being busy!! How is your new job and applying for teacher school going? I hope its all well!
haha aw thanks! looks like your the only one left! everyone has deserted me until i get my TR back on track! lol
everything is well its just SOOO busy! ugh!
But its a long weekend this week (thanksgiving for us!)

Old 10-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #144
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Disneys Hollywood Studios: Part One

We got up bright and early to ensure we got to DHS in time for Rope Drop because this was the big one. This was the one that Ridemax STRESSED we MUST get there on time for. That even one minute of lateness could cause disasterous consequences for our whole intinerary.

So what was the reason for all this stress? Why Toy Story Mania of course! We got to the park before it was open but there was still a HUGE amount of people. So we took our place in line and the gates opened, and of course we picked the slowest moving line of ALL time. Ugh! So we finially got in and we joined the running of the crazed tourists to TSM. We ended up taking a wrong turn! But we quickly regained the pack.

We finially arrived at TSM and the line was already pretty long for FPs. We got in line anyways and after a 15min wait we got our coveted TSM passes. Whew. What Drama!

And now we were ready to start our day. First ride of the day was the one Craig was most excited for (well besides the Drew Carry ride, but that was closed, and yes i am serious!.) We headed to Star Tours (yawn!) We took some obligitory DHS pics along the way.

We also passed by all the Head Busts, Craig took the oppertunity to hang out with Bill Cosby and wisper sweet nothings in Operah's ear.

We kept on walking until we reached our destiniation.. Craig was just the most excited guy ever as we finially got to Star Wars and with a five minute wait we headed on in.

The ride was a disappointment to both of us. Me because well quite frankly I dont care for Star Wars at ALL. And for Craig because he thought it was gunna be cooler, and he thought the ride was outdated. He is super excited they are updating it though, and he loved all the "awesome" star wars stuff. Afterwards we went outside and spent quite a bit of time taking photos.

This picture is pretty funny, we had gone across the ride and there was supposed to be some movie prop bike thingy and Craig was so stoked to take a pic on it.... only to find it not there! It was being repainted! Poor Craig.

After Star Tours we headed off to the Great Movie Ride, which I didnt even know existed until doing research for this trip (this will become a reoccuring theme throughout the trip!) We both thought it was OK. We had the gangsters highjack our car. It was just meh in my opinion (sorry to all the fans out there).

After GMR we headed over to grab some FPs for my favorite ride, Rockin Roller Coaster! I was SO excited to get on that!

After grabbing our FPs we headed over to One Man's Dream. I love this walk through and think it is such an important part of Disney. Craig loved it as well and we had a great time taking pictures and looking at some of the amazing things Walt had accomplished.

We finshed off with One Man's Dream we then decided to head off to Sci Fi Diner. We were a bit early for our ressie but we didnt mind, we sat down and enjoyed the air conditioning while we waited for our seat. This day actually ended up being the hottest on the trip.

uP next: Sci Fi Review (Ive decided to put them on here as well as my food report!)

Old 10-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #145
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Lunch at Sci Fi

Craig and I were both very excited for the Sci Fi Resturant. I was especially looking forward to the shrimp pasta, my favourite combonation of food. Mmmm!

We checked in on time, but we still had to wait a while for our table. It was okay though because the AC was a welcome break. As we were waiting I was amazed by the number of people just walking up trying to get a table, whats worse is alot of them had no idea you even had to have reservations for the restaurants. I felt awful for those people because with free dining going on, they probably didnít have much luck.

So we finially got called to our table, we were the hitchhikers behind a family of four. Now while I think Sci Fi has such a cool theme and atmosphere, both of us were not too fond of the seating. The family in front of us was very nice but with two little girls, one of whom was very cranky, it got somewhat annoying to be in such close quarters. Other then that though, we both really enjoyed the place.

Heres a pic of us in our car.

And one of the restaurant.

Craig got a cherry coke, which made him very excited! And i got a vanilla milkshake which was just to die for!!! Best Milkshake Iíve ever had!!

After drooling over this plate for months I ordered the shrimp pasta of course. Hold the tomatoes please!

It was very very very yummy! The Shrimp were huge!! I loved it!! 9/10!! It
was a HUGE portion! I could only finish half!! But i made sure to eat all my shrimp (and there were ALOT of them!)

Craig got the burger. Sorry I donít remember the exact name of it.

He said it was delicious and gave it a 8/10! He also added his own touch with our initials in ketchup!! Whatta guy!

Our server wasnít the greatest. He was ok but nothing more. One thing that somewhat annoyed us was he did not ask us what we wanted for dessert at the beginning of our meal, which was fine we figured we ordered at the end but he never mentioned dessert. He just brought us our the bill and asked us how we wanted to pay the tip. Craig then asked what about dessert? And he kinda seemed annoyed with us and said we never ordered them with our meal.. to which we responded we didnít know we were supposed to?!
Anyways we did get our desserts! They werenít very nicely put together as you will see but still very good!

I got the cheesecake

Loved it!!! Best cheesecake I had all trip! 10/10
Craig got the peanut butter chocolate cake

He also gave this dessert a 10/10 and I tried and will agree with this rating! It was so delicious! But very filling!

We enjoyed Sci Fi alot and would recommend it. The best part about this restaurant is that its very quiet! I guess with everyone enjoying the movie clips and all.

uP next: The Tower of Terror Drama begins; Will TSM live up the the hype? Will we melt from the heat?!

Old 10-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #146
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

See.. this post makes me wanna do sci-fi again! It was on my list for possibles, but now its on there for sure!

Great update! Missed you! give us some life details!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #147
ibedancin824
Mouseketeer

Great update! Sci-fi dine looks cool! hope u love tsm as much as we did!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #148
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

So...that mad rush...was it as hard to get over there as I am expecting? We have to do it in December and I am dreading it!!! Your meal sounds nice at Sci-Fi...we did not like the food AT ALL when we ate there. Glad you were able to enjoy!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #149
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
See.. this post makes me wanna do sci-fi again! It was on my list for possibles, but now its on there for sure!

Great update! Missed you! give us some life details!
u should definitly do it, we liked the food and we really loved the atmosphere and how QUIET it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibedancin824 View Post
Great update! Sci-fi dine looks cool! hope u love tsm as much as we did!
thank u! it was cool and you'll have to see if we loved TSM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
So...that mad rush...was it as hard to get over there as I am expecting? We have to do it in December and I am dreading it!!! Your meal sounds nice at Sci-Fi...we did not like the food AT ALL when we ate there. Glad you were able to enjoy!
its pretty brutal im not gunna lie, but its totally do able! just try to get over there as quick as you can as the line forms very very very fast! I find with reviews on sci fi its either a hit or miss for sure.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:04 AM   #150
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

I was kinda disappointed by Star Tours too. (maybe its also because I'm not a star wars fan!) Hopefully the updates make it TONS better! I didn't get to go on GMR! Can't wait to hear how you liked RNRC!! I loved it! So fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: