Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
mom2dzb
Mouseketeer

Down the Pacific Coast to Disneyland

I'm starting to plan our next Disney vacation. Got my room reservation and have decided to drive our family of 6 instead of fly. (Am I crazy?) So, now I'm looking for a convenient place to stay for the two day drive. We'll start on the east side of Washington State. Redding, CA is about as far as we could go for one day of travel. Any suggestions?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Dinder1
Earning My Ears

Me too!

We're doing the same thing next spring, leaving from the Seattle area. I don't have any plans yet for where to stay, so I need suggestions too!

May 2008 -DLR- First Trip for Kiddos
Oct 2007 -WDW- (Magic Kingdom) Mom and Dad's little getaway
April 2004 -DLR- Celebrating Expecting 3rd child
Aug 1999 -DLR- Honeymoon
Dinder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
jjzmgailey
DIS Veteran

So fun! We drove down back in February! We thought we'd make it to Redding but had a late (9am) start so we called it quits in Yreka ~ stayed at the Radisson...great place...great nights sleep. Had we made it to Redding, we would have been at the Holiday Inn Express which is also cool because breakfast is included with your room charge ~ fabulous ~ especially with 6 of you!!
Me (NeuroticDisneyMom#30) drinkin' my coffee, readin' the DIS DH DS 15 DD 11
| Disney Parks Moms Panel | Jackie's Magical Moments | Follow Me On Twitter
UPCOMING VISITS: Disney's Old Key West Resort Sept 2013 | Disney's Polynesian Resort October 2013
PAST VISITS: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa April 2013 | Disney's Wilderness Lodge April 2013 | Disney's Beach Club Resort Feb 2013 | 2013 WDW Moms Panel Training Weekend!!! Dec 2012 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Oct 2012 | Disney's Art of Animation Resort Sept 2012 | Disney's Yacht Club Resort April 2012 (DisneySMMoms) | Offsite Vacation Home for Princess 5K Feb 2012 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Dec 2011 | Disney's Bay Lake Tower Oct 2011 | Disney's Old Key West Resort Sept 2011 | Disney's Vero Beach Resort May 2011 | Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort May 2011 | Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa March 2011 (DisneySMMoms) | Disney's Polynesian Resort Feb 2010 (DisneySMMoms) | Disney's Saratoga Springs TreeHouse Villas Sept 2009 | Disneyland Resort Area Feb 2009 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Sept 2008 | Disney's Old Key West Resort April 2008 | Disneyland Resort Area Nov 2007 | Disneyland Hotel Dec 2006 | Disneyland Hotel Feb 2004
jjzmgailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dzb View Post
I'm starting to plan our next Disney vacation. Got my room reservation and have decided to drive our family of 6 instead of fly. (Am I crazy?) So, now I'm looking for a convenient place to stay for the two day drive. We'll start on the east side of Washington State. Redding, CA is about as far as we could go for one day of travel. Any suggestions?
We live in Eastern Wa and always stay at the BW Hilltop Inn. Nice, clean, hot breakfast.

Jack

Sent from my iPhone
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

I live in Redding, so hopefully I can help out a bit (although since I live here I have never stayed in any of the hotels, so I might be guessing a bit too!).

There are a lot of hotels on Hilltop Dr. There is a Red Lion, Best Western, Oxford Suites, and a Holiday Inn (as well as a lot of other less expensive places). I have eaten at the restaurant in the Holiday Inn and it was very good. The nice thing about the Hilltop area is that just about every restaurant you would be looking for is within a 5 minute drive. Lots of fast food, but also a lot of sit down places. The mall is also about 5 minutes away.

There is also a fairly new Hilton Garden Inn just a couple of more exits south of Hilltop. I think it opened about 5 years ago. It looks nice from the outside.

Hope this helps. If I can answer anything else, just let me know!
Sunset Cliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
Jenn1116
My goal in life is to visit DLP

Driving is not crazy. I took a trip with some girlfriend up to Oregon and Washington this summer. We drove from southern Washington all the way home to Fairfield CA in 12 hours. Redding is definitely a good mid-way stopping point. I like the drive through the mountains.
1992 So Cal Family Trip
2006 50th Anniversary - DD's First Trip
2008 President's Day Weekend Getaway
2008 Friends and Family October Trip
2009 December in Disneyland
2013 Return of the Ostrowskis

Me DD 9 Grandma Grandpa

Jenn1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
Judy from Boise
Watch out – might take away your birthday
Not superfluous in the least!
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

driving sounds like a great idea for a family of 6! FWIW, my favorite chain value hotel is Hampton Inn.
Judy from Boise is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: