Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #316
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,109

Just got another email from Disney Visa Earn more Dream Disney Dollars. I thought just maybe a good offer. Well, this was worse than the $10 for signing up to charge insurance! It was add an authorized signer! (so you ean on their charges as well) I think they are trying to get more charges without a 5 times offer!! No extra on the signup!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #317
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,899

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Just got another email from Disney Visa Earn more Dream Disney Dollars. I thought just maybe a good offer. Well, this was worse than the $10 for signing up to charge insurance! It was add an authorized signer! (so you ean on their charges as well) I think they are trying to get more charges without a 5 times offer!! No extra on the signup!
ROFL!!!! I'm glad to know , that i wasnt the only one that fell for it. lol!
I must say i was disappointed to know it was a 5X offer
__________________
dreamin_disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #318
disneydawn
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 385

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I just got a card in the mail offering 3x the rewards over $1200 in certain categories. My question is how do you tell on your statement which category charges fall under. I shop at Harris Teeter but I bet they don't mark that as groceries. I thought I remembered on old statements that it would tell you next to the charge. Anyone? Thanks!
disneydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #319
Spoisal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydawn View Post
I just got a card in the mail offering 3x the rewards over $1200 in certain categories. My question is how do you tell on your statement which category charges fall under. I shop at Harris Teeter but I bet they don't mark that as groceries. I thought I remembered on old statements that it would tell you next to the charge. Anyone? Thanks!
I can't answer your question, but I was wondering what time period your offer is for?
__________________
Stephanie Me, DH, DD16, DD14

Jan 2002 - CR/WL
Jan 2003 - WL
May 2003 - CBR
Nov 2005 - POP
Nov 2008 - POR
Jan/Feb 2011 - BC CL
April 2014 - CSR
Spoisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #320
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!
 
DisneyAndRedSox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Jersey Girl trapped in Massachusetts
Posts: 2,379

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydawn View Post
I just got a card in the mail offering 3x the rewards over $1200 in certain categories. My question is how do you tell on your statement which category charges fall under. I shop at Harris Teeter but I bet they don't mark that as groceries. I thought I remembered on old statements that it would tell you next to the charge. Anyone? Thanks!
I can't answer your question- I have tried to figure this out myself and it is frustrating! I know Trader Joe's, Super Walmart and BJ's doesn't count towards groceries. McDonald's and some other fast food doesn't count as restaurant.

Edit: the other thing that is frustrating is that the bonus $ are calculated on a calendar month, the statement is not. I am still trying to figure out if I am missing reward dollars from one month over the summer. I called and never heard anything back. I was supposed to get a letter in 2-3 weeks and that was in January!

If you don't mind me asking, have you been using your Disney Visa lately? When I stopped using it last year, that is when I got the good offers (5x with a low spend). Since my Dec promo ended, I haven't gotten anything and I am tempted to switch to something different like Jet Blue. In Jan I had a bunch of medical bills and then in March we went on vacation, all paid off immediately so no interest. I am afraid since I am actively using the card and paying off every month they won't send me any bonus offers.
__________________


DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #321
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAndRedSox View Post
I can't answer your question- I have tried to figure this out myself and it is frustrating! I know Trader Joe's, Super Walmart and BJ's doesn't count towards groceries. McDonald's and some other fast food doesn't count as restaurant.

Edit: the other thing that is frustrating is that the bonus $ are calculated on a calendar month, the statement is not. I am still trying to figure out if I am missing reward dollars from one month over the summer. I called and never heard anything back. I was supposed to get a letter in 2-3 weeks and that was in January!

If you don't mind me asking, have you been using your Disney Visa lately? When I stopped using it last year, that is when I got the good offers (5x with a low spend). Since my Dec promo ended, I haven't gotten anything and I am tempted to switch to something different like Jet Blue. In Jan I had a bunch of medical bills and then in March we went on vacation, all paid off immediately so no interest. I am afraid since I am actively using the card and paying off every month they won't send me any bonus offers.
Just so you know, I too, pay my visa off every month. I received the 5 times offer 3 times in 2008 with 250 thresholds and the 4 categories and 100 per offer bonus max. I didn't get any offer until the Oct - dec 2009 and a good one-250 threshold and no categories and 200 max bonus dollars. I earned the entire bonus portion. I did not get the offer in the mail, I called and got the code and phone number to call. I called recently and in Dec to see if there were any offers for these 2 quarters-none for me except the 2 I mentioned in previous posts. I know it's a pain to figure the bonus portions-I keep a chart to make sure !!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:22 AM   #322
disneydawn
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 385

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

My offer came in the mail and is for 4/1-6/30. I have to spend more than $1250. To answer your question...I use this visa all the time and pay it off every month. We also have another Disney visa that we use less and we have never gotten an offer on that card. The offers are always for the same card. I was able to look at my statement online and figure out that the grocery stores that I shop at do not show up as groceries. They show up as "other". I wonder what Food Lion and BiLo show as?? I never shop there but I could try it for a few months! anyone know?
disneydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #323
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydawn View Post
My offer came in the mail and is for 4/1-6/30. I have to spend more than $1250. To answer your question...I use this visa all the time and pay it off every month. We also have another Disney visa that we use less and we have never gotten an offer on that card. The offers are always for the same card. I was able to look at my statement online and figure out that the grocery stores that I shop at do not show up as groceries. They show up as "other". I wonder what Food Lion and BiLo show as?? I never shop there but I could try it for a few months! anyone know?
Well, not as good as the offers were the past 2 years, but the only one I've heard of since the Oct-Dec 2009 offer of 5 times. I don't think (with the categories as yours sounds like you received) I would ever even earn any with such a high threshold. I guess Disney Visa is cutting back (this is 3 not 5 as well) I don't know of your stores since I don't have those here in NJ. I know when I have called for my charges when I had certain categories, the phone listing of the charges states grocery for my grocery stores not the store name, you might want to call and check to see what your grocery stores' category is. Just an idea.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #324
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,519

I have wondered if maybe if has to do with how you spend on the card in the parks. I have never gotten an offer and we spend next to nothing in the parks when we go- eat offsite often, buy souvies at the outlets, etc.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #325
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
I have wondered if maybe if has to do with how you spend on the card in the parks. I have never gotten an offer and we spend next to nothing in the parks when we go- eat offsite often, buy souvies at the outlets, etc.
Nothing to do with my past offers. I pay off every month except when I have a zero vacation on it. I have never paid any interest to the card. Also, I really haven't used it much at all at WDW. I actually do use the card to really get the bonus points when they offer it to me. My last offer Oct-Dec 2009 was the best I ever got only a 250 threshold and the bonus was on ALL purchases and the limit for the bonus was $200 not $100 for the 3 months. I don't know how they pick, but I think the underlaying hope is that they get to to charge and collect interest on the purchases. I think that's why the high thresholds for some and why things you really need (grocery-gas to name a few)
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #326
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,519

Well, it may be time for Nemo to go in the safe for awhile. I hate to do that as my card expires later this year and I would like for them to renew it, but I can do better with other cards right now.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #327
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,109

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Well, it may be time for Nemo to go in the safe for awhile. I hate to do that as my card expires later this year and I would like for them to renew it, but I can do better with other cards right now.
I have never had mine not renewed, just use it once or twice over the months and most likely they will renew. Who knows maybe one of the 5 or 3 times offers! But, who knows with the new CC regs. I don't know if anything will change because of that.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #328
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!
 
DisneyAndRedSox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Jersey Girl trapped in Massachusetts
Posts: 2,379

I got mine today, 3x, 1000 spend in the 4 categories. I might make it one month... I need 2 tickets on jet blue and so do my parents. Other than that I have no chance of getting the bonus.
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #329
Spoisal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAndRedSox View Post
I got mine today, 3x, 1000 spend in the 4 categories. I might make it one month... I need 2 tickets on jet blue and so do my parents. Other than that I have no chance of getting the bonus.
Did yours come in the regular mail?
__________________
Stephanie Me, DH, DD16, DD14

Jan 2002 - CR/WL
Jan 2003 - WL
May 2003 - CBR
Nov 2005 - POP
Nov 2008 - POR
Jan/Feb 2011 - BC CL
April 2014 - CSR
Spoisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #330
tigger813
DIS Veteran
 
tigger813's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MA- Red Sox Nation; DVC When Possible:)
Posts: 4,116

3x rewards from April 1-June 30for $750 each month in a single category or combination of categories
__________________
Tracey ,DH-Brian (aka doconeill) ,: DD13 Ashleigh-, DD9 Elizabeth-

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three Quick VWL Questions Silver Queen DVC-Mousecellaneous 11 12-23-2009 01:22 PM
Living near the magic, questions??? suorkaterina The DIS Unplugged Podcast 25 09-24-2009 05:26 PM
$10 Chili's gift card - My Coke Rewards Rootskate Budget Board 27 09-11-2009 06:12 AM
Question to parents... JoyG Community Board 61 09-02-2009 11:49 AM
Success calling Chase to ask about 5X rewards? mrsklamc Budget Board 1 09-01-2009 06:42 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: