Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #301
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplaingoofy View Post
about a month ago I received mail saying 5x, but you had to call to enroll. When I sat down to call a couple of days later (my husband had already thrown out the postcard) and they said they couldn't enroll me because I didn't have it in front of me I was surprised to hear they did not have it in my file to check...
I didn't get a card (until after I had already called and got the phone number to call and access code) and called Chase for the Oct - Dec offer. You're the first I've heard of getting the offer now. Call and talk to someone else, they can check.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #302
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
I didn't get a card (until after I had already called and got the phone number to call and access code) and called Chase for the Oct - Dec offer. You're the first I've heard of getting the offer now. Call and talk to someone else, they can check.
sorry... It was 3x not 5x. My goofy.

I probably should have hung up and called right back. I'm not going to bother now because we are going in early April and don't think the bonus points would be posted to my account by then. Not a huge deal for us because our Capital One card gives us 2x back all purchases.
justplaingoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #303
Spoisal
DIS Veteran

Can you tell me in what format everyone receives these offers? Is it a postcard? Or is it included in with your credit card bill? or something else? THANKS!!

Jan 2002 - CR/WL
Jan 2003 - WL
May 2003 - CBR
Nov 2005 - POP
Nov 2008 - POR
Jan/Feb 2011 - BC CL
April 2014 - CSR
Feb 2015 - YC CL
Spoisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #304
tigger813
DIS Veteran

I get emails when it is time to sign up and have also gotten postcards in the mail though I think they may have stopped and I just get the emails now.

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #305
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger813 View Post
I get emails when it is time to sign up and have also gotten postcards in the mail though I think they may have stopped and I just get the emails now.
I got both for the Oct Dec offer. Nothing now.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #306
luvdisney00
DIS Veteran

They are so stingy with these rewards! I use this card and Discover and Discover is really generous with rewards and you can get cash. They always have something on 5X (starting in March it's gas, groceries and I think drugstore) and anyone can sign up on the website for the 5x. One time a family member got a 5X postcard from DV and wasn't going to use it so I called and asked if I could have it and they said, "absolutely not." I was surprised that they are not more customer service oriented. It was most likely because at the time I was charging a lot on it and paying it off every month. Then after my last Disney trip I stopped using it for a while (using Discover instead) and within a few months I got my 5x postcard in the mail.

If I didn't love Disney so much I'd dump this card.
luvdisney00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #307
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdisney00 View Post
They are so stingy with these rewards! I use this card and Discover and Discover is really generous with rewards and you can get cash. They always have something on 5X (starting in March it's gas, groceries and I think drugstore) and anyone can sign up on the website for the 5x. One time a family member got a 5X postcard from DV and wasn't going to use it so I called and asked if I could have it and they said, "absolutely not." I was surprised that they are not more customer service oriented. It was most likely because at the time I was charging a lot on it and paying it off every month. Then after my last Disney trip I stopped using it for a while (using Discover instead) and within a few months I got my 5x postcard in the mail.

If I didn't love Disney so much I'd dump this card.
You saw this on the Disney Visa website? Just wondering. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #308
luvdisney00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
You saw this on the Disney Visa website? Just wondering. Thanks.
No sorry I wasn't clear, I meant Discover is offering those rewards for March April and May. DV usually gives 3x or 5x by invitation only which I think is lousy. Why shouldn't we all get a chance to use the perk?
luvdisney00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #309
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdisney00 View Post
No sorry I wasn't clear, I meant Discover is offering those rewards for March April and May. DV usually gives 3x or 5x by invitation only which I think is lousy. Why shouldn't we all get a chance to use the perk?
Yes, I know that's what DV does, that's why when I read your post I was confused. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:52 PM   #310
jfap
DIS Veteran

I haven't received any special offers from Disney Visa since the last one ended in December.

Wonder, have they stopped doing these promotions? I've stopped using that card and am using Discover instead since they have offers going all the time.
jfap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #311
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfap View Post
I haven't received any special offers from Disney Visa since the last one ended in December.

Wonder, have they stopped doing these promotions? I've stopped using that card and am using Discover instead since they have offers going all the time.
That's good, but my other card is amex and they have cash back, which is nice but only 1/2 percent and it's posted to the acct. as a credit yearly. the Disney Visa is at least 1% and when I'm going there I tend to use it and pay it off just to get the dollars. I was lucky to get the 5 times offer Oct-Dec. Nothing now.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #312
Mouse13
DIS Veteran

DH and I both have separate cards. For the most part, we only use them when they offer us a deal. In the beginning it seems like we got the offers regularly, now we never get them. At the very least, they're great for the in park perks like free photos and merchandise/food discounts.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #313
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Same here no such luck with any offers
So i've been using my citicard dividend card. So far I have around $30.00
I need $10 morebefore i canrequest a check
Old 03-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #314
ngchiro
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Visa

I haven't received any offers since last year either. I was wondering if I missed something, but I guess not. Darn, I won't be able to redeem as much for our trip later this year.
ngchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #315
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

NO 5 times offers since Oct-Dec 2009. I called to check too. Actually last year I only got it for that one time. In 2008 all 4 quarters. I did get a get $10 Disney Dollars the other day to sign up for direct insurance pmts. I'm not doing that and it's a one time $10. Not worth it. I don't like direct pmts on a credit card or checking acct. I like to make my own pmts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: