Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #271
llori7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms920 View Post
I got the offer for the pre approved Disney Visa, yesterday. This is the one with the 200 bonus points after the first use. Am I understanding that the points are good for the time frame of the card? Example if the expiration is 12/13 they would need to be used before that date? And I just read some of you saying you called for another card with $10 on it ??? I'm confused.

Jo
How did you get this offer? The only one I can find is a $40 credit after you use your card. I would love to get 200 bonus points!

ME, DH, DS7, DS

Sept. 2007 - Pop Century
Sept. 2008 - Pop Century
Jan. 2009 - All Star Sports

Upcoming:
June 2011- Pop Century
llori7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #272
jms920
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by llori7 View Post
How did you get this offer? The only one I can find is a $40 credit after you use your card. I would love to get 200 bonus points!
It came by snail mail! Yeah that's the only reason I went for it. I couldn't believe it was so good. So I will get rid of one of my other cards and use this one if when I read all the info it is comparable.

JoAnn
jms920 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #273
thesaurinis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCBELLE View Post
I got 215 points!!! I am very excited - wish they had a promotion for right now! I didn't get to check the breakdown b/c my card had fraudulent charges on it and my online account isn't working until I get the new card.
I am in the same situation. I had 3 fraudulent charges on my statement this month that they are taking care of right now, but I got my card in 2 days. They overnighted it via UPS. I was shocked, but thought maybe because they see I have purchases like everyday on my card and payments all the time. Whenever I charge something I come right home and do a web transfer from my bank so I don't carry a balance but earn my points too. I wish my threshold wasn't $1000.

Zacharys trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post42079141
thesaurinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #274
teacup princess
DIS Veteran

I just got my statement and my 5X reward bonus came to two dollars. How is that even possible?
teacup princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #275
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacup princess View Post
I just got my statement and my 5X reward bonus came to two dollars. How is that even possible?
DId you figure you bonus out? It's only earned on amounts in your categories (if you have them) over the threshold each month. Can't answer your question unless you have figured it out based on your offer and purchases. Yes, of course it can be correct, no it might not be.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #276
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Just wondering if anyone has a bonus dollars offer for Jan-Mar? Haven't heard of any. Thanks!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #277
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms920 View Post
I got the offer for the pre approved Disney Visa, yesterday. This is the one with the 200 bonus points after the first use. Am I understanding that the points are good for the time frame of the card? Example if the expiration is 12/13 they would need to be used before that date? And I just read some of you saying you called for another card with $10 on it ??? I'm confused.

Jo
I just got the same thing in the mail too! Had no idea that this card (and the dollar earning promotion) even existed. I am kicking myself that I could have been racking up bonus dollars all this time.... I am excited to get my stuff in the mail and start learning how this all works? I have read some of you mention a cap on how many funds you can earn... what is the limit? How do the limits work?

DS 11 DS 8

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #278
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has a bonus dollars offer for Jan-Mar? Haven't heard of any. Thanks!
Wondering the same thing!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #279
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
I just got the same thing in the mail too! Had no idea that this card (and the dollar earning promotion) even existed. I am kicking myself that I could have been racking up bonus dollars all this time.... I am excited to get my stuff in the mail and start learning how this all works? I have read some of you mention a cap on how many funds you can earn... what is the limit? How do the limits work?

I will try to answer off the top of my head. I know the yearly rewards cap is like 750 dollars, so basically you would have to charge 75,000. I am not sure if there is an exception when you are recieving bonus reward offers to the yearly cap. As to your other question about expiration, this one boggled me too when I signed up. It is not the expiration date on your credit card but the expiration date on the rewards card that you will order to transfer rewards dollars to. When you call to get the rewards card (looks like a cc) it will expire say 12/10 and then any rewards you transfer to the card will expire on that date. So if you aren't going to use them keep them in "your account." I believe any rewards that I am getting right now expire in 2014 or 2015 w/out transfering them to card so they do expire but far into the future. Hope that helps.

Every month you will see a new rewards amount say you charged 300 bucks so 3 disney dollars and each month on your statement it will print when the disney dollars expire like I said not until 2014 or something like that.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #280
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

I am so bummed...my Jan Statement just came and I have ONE disney reward on it???? Still dd not get my 5xs bouns from our Dec purchase...

We leave for Disney in two weeks and my guess is the rewards will be on our Feb statement...what a bummer...
Old 01-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #281
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post
I am so bummed...my Jan Statement just came and I have ONE disney reward on it???? Still dd not get my 5xs bouns from our Dec purchase...

We leave for Disney in two weeks and my guess is the rewards will be on our Feb statement...what a bummer...
is 1 correct? How many rewards are you looking for? I rec'd both Oct and Nov bonus portion on my Dec 27 stmt and the Dec ones on my Jan 26 stmt. Have you received any?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #282
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

it says 1 reward left, with 38 that transferred over already. That 38 was the regular rewards from the trip, but we have not received the 5xs rewards yet.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #283
DisneyAndRedSox
I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post

I was enrolled in the Oct to Dec 5x bonus, I didn't get any bonus points until my Jan 10th statement.

DVC Trips:
Feb '14- Aulani dream trip cancelled due to snow (obviously Mother Nature is not a Disney fan); May '14- AKV Kidani, BCV; May '15- Pending lots of Pixie Dust... VGC, Aulani
DisneyAndRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #284
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAndRedSox View Post
I was enrolled in the Oct to Dec 5x bonus, I didn't get any bonus points until my Jan 10th statement.
We did ours the Dec 3rd, so my guess it will be on Jan24th-Feb24th statement...I am still bummed...
Old 01-31-2010, 08:17 AM   #285
huskies90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskies90 View Post
You are correct. I did not calculate all of October when I first did this and it looks like I DID go over $1000 in October AND in November and the points were combined and applied to my December statement. So my numbers look good. I went over $400 in Oct and $500 in Nov totally $900 X .04 = $36. Thanks everyone for your help straightening me out.
Got my January statement and I racked up 42 bonus points in December. I ended up buying a ton of gift cards at Stop and Shop during the last week in December and used them in January for food and gas plus all my holiday grocery shopping and holiday travel (gas) helped. So thanks to this promotion, I added an additional 78 Disney dollars. Not bad...Any word on Jan-March? I am buying ariline tickets this month which would be nice to apply toward the bonus...
huskies90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: