Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #256
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssa810 View Post
I'm wondering as well although if there is I predict my spending limit to go up...
I didn't and I called to make sure. I had such a great one for Oct - Dec ($250 only for threshold and NO categories-any purchase) I haven't heard of anyone getting the offer as of yet.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #257
ecarraro
Earning My Ears

Obviously, I am new at this . . . I received the flyer for the Oct-Dec promo & incorrectly assumed that it was automatic.

I spent enough to get the full 200 bonus dollars

I just called & they said that they are sending it to their "escalations" department and I should hear back in 7-10 days if they're going to still give me the points. They mentioned that they might "work with me" and give me 100 of the points.

Anyone else had something similar happen?
ecarraro is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #258
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarraro View Post
Obviously, I am new at this . . . I received the flyer for the Oct-Dec promo & incorrectly assumed that it was automatic.

I just called & they said that they are sending it to their "escalations" department and I should hear back in 7-10 days if they're going to still give me the points. They mentioned that they might "work with me" and give me 100 of the points.

Good luck in getting the bonus. Too bad you didn't see that you had to call or signup online. All you had to do was do so by Dec 31 and get the entire 3 months worth of bonus. Hopefully they will give you at least some of it. I acutally called like it said plus checked to make sure.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #259
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Does the bonus show up on a separate line? When I called to check on my bonus they told me I would get my October bonus 6-8 weeks after my oct statement closed (which would be Nov 12), then my Nov bonus 6-8 weeks after that closed (Dec 12)... so my Oct bonus should have been on my January statement but I didn't see anything that was "bonus" rewards...

just check my account again and they were there for October... 94 bonus points!!!

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #260
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
Does the bonus show up on a separate line? When I called to check on my bonus they told me I would get my October bonus 6-8 weeks after my oct statement closed (which would be Nov 12), then my Nov bonus 6-8 weeks after that closed (Dec 12)... so my Oct bonus should have been on my January statement but I didn't see anything that was "bonus" rewards...

just check my account again and they were there for October... 94 bonus points!!!
I guess you answered your own question! Yes, the bonus portion (the extra 4%) is on a seperate line. I received Oct and Nov combined on my Dec stmt. I hope I get the Dec in Jan for our early Feb trip!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #261
DVCBELLE
Princess at Heart

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I got 215 points!!! I am very excited - wish they had a promotion for right now! I didn't get to check the breakdown b/c my card had fraudulent charges on it and my online account isn't working until I get the new card.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #262
llori7
DIS Veteran

I just got a Disney Rewards card about a month or two ago. When they do the 5x rewards, how do you find out about it? Is it for everyone or just a select group? Thanks for your help! I want to use this card the best ways possible!!

ME, DH, DS7, DS

Sept. 2007 - Pop Century
Sept. 2008 - Pop Century
Jan. 2009 - All Star Sports

Upcoming:
June 2011- Pop Century
llori7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #263
krisnchris
Mouseketeer

Newbie question

I think that you all might be able to answer this. I just got an pre-approved offer in the mail that said we'd get 200 Disney Rewards for using it for the first time. And that equals a 200 Disney GC. We're planning a trip for Nov 2010, and this seems like a sweet way to pay for some of our park tix. Is there a catch? I couldn't find one in the fine print. Anyone else do this?
krisnchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #264
Waseller77
Mouseketeer

I also go this offer back in December sometime. I signed up and made my first purchase at the end of Dec. I looked today and my 200 reward points are there!

FWIW, I already had a Disney Visa and still got the 200 rewards points with this new Disney Visa...
Old 01-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #265
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by llori7 View Post
I just got a Disney Rewards card about a month or two ago. When they do the 5x rewards, how do you find out about it? Is it for everyone or just a select group? Thanks for your help! I want to use this card the best ways possible!!
They send a large postcard type mailing explaining your offer (all are not the same) or an email with the same info. I usually have received both. The offers are usually good for 3 months(calender quarters), have a minimum threshold amt to spent before getting the bonus and mosttimes the bonus is only earned on certain categories of spending. (grocery, airline, dining gas are a common group) You do have to call or go online like the offer states, you will earn the regular disney dollars as usual. The bonus portion (the extra 4xs) will be on the ACTUAL month (1st through monthend) Not your statement month. It's a pain to keep track of esp. when there are categories. Also, there is a limit of $100 or $200 (I have had both at different times) of the Bouns dollars you can earn per timeframe. Hope this helps.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #266
Sammy
Suffered from acute Tag Envy
We just giggled to ourselves!

Woo Hoo! My 210 points just posted

1975, 1979, 1990: Offsite
Sept. 2000: Dixie Landings...First-ever family trip with DH and kids!
Awesome trips since then: Dolphin, OKW x5, BCV, POP, ASMu, CBR, Poly for 20th Anniversary, Bonnet Creek, SSR @ Christmas, AKL for DD's Sweet 16!

Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #267
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Woo Hoo! My 210 points just posted
Is that the bonus or the entire amt for the month? Just curious. My maximum for the bonus was $200. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #268
ecarraro
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Yes, quoting myself here . . .

When I called on Jan 11 they said that I would "know something" within 8-10 business days. Well, I just checked my statement and it shows an adjustment of 200 points!! Yeah! I think we're going to upgrade to Wilderness Lodge now!
ecarraro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #269
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, quoting myself here . . .

When I called on Jan 11 they said that I would "know something" within 8-10 business days. Well, I just checked my statement and it shows an adjustment of 200 points!! Yeah! I think we're going to upgrade to Wilderness Lodge now!
Glad that they made the adj. for you. Next time make sure you call/logon to sign up!! We are going to WL in 2 weeks! Have fun there.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #270
jms920
Mouseketeer

I got the offer for the pre approved Disney Visa, yesterday. This is the one with the 200 bonus points after the first use. Am I understanding that the points are good for the time frame of the card? Example if the expiration is 12/13 they would need to be used before that date? And I just read some of you saying you called for another card with $10 on it ??? I'm confused.

Jo
jms920 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: