Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #241
huskies90
DIS Veteran
 
huskies90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
I received both my Oct and Nov bonus in Dec. It was combined and correct. The difference is that your bonus is on the 1st to monthend and I didn't know when you spent the money. Maybe your bonus is like mine for 2 months you have to figure what you spent Oct 1-nov 30 (take the 1000 off for each month) and then calculate on the actual month. Just a thought. I'm just trying to help you figure your bonus that's all and it is caluclated differently than the regular dollars. I earned 84 for the actual month of Oct and 27 for the actual month of Nov and all 111 were on my Dec 26 stmt. Look at all your charges and figure it that way.
You are correct. I did not calculate all of October when I first did this and it looks like I DID go over $1000 in October AND in November and the points were combined and applied to my December statement. So my numbers look good. I went over $400 in Oct and $500 in Nov totally $900 X .04 = $36. Thanks everyone for your help straightening me out.
huskies90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #242
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskies90 View Post
You are correct. I did not calculate all of October when I first did this and it looks like I DID go over $1000 in October AND in November and the points were combined and applied to my December statement. So my numbers look good. I went over $400 in Oct and $500 in Nov totally $900 X .04 = $36. Thanks everyone for your help straightening me out.
I'm glad you were able to get it straight!! The bonus is great and I wish they were doing it again for Jan-Mar. I have asked and no one has said they are getting it.
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #243
TinkerbellSecret
Mouseketeer
 
TinkerbellSecret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Posts: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post
REALLY??? My card has an expiration date of 12/2010....I have not even activiated the card yet. Does this mean I loose all my rewards come tomorrow cause they are transferred on the card?

Oh good god, not sure how worth all of this was...
You are okay - the expiration is 12/2010, not 2009. ALSO....your rewards WON'T expire until the date of expiration on your statement if you DON'T transfer them to that 2010 card. I have points on the statement now that won't expire 'til 2014 (unless I transfer to a rewards card that WILL expire). I don't transfer them until just before our trip, to make sure I don't loose them.

We have a trip in January and had a card that expired Dec 2009. I called in August and requested a NEW rewards card and got one that expired Dec 2010 so I could use them Jan. 2010.

So the bottom line is...if you haven't transferred, transfer as late as possible. If you transfer onto a card that will expire before your trip, or you aren't sure you will use them all on your trip, call and ask for a NEW card with later expiration.
__________________

February 2006 - Off-site with DH & DD
July 2008 - Wilderness Lodge with DH & DD
August 2009 - Disney Wonder 3-night + All-Star Movies with Sister & DD
January 2010 - Wilderness Lodge with DH & DD
TinkerbellSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #244
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellSecret View Post
You are okay - the expiration is 12/2010, not 2009. ALSO....your rewards WON'T expire until the date of expiration on your statement if you DON'T transfer them to that 2010 card. I have points on the statement now that won't expire 'til 2014 (unless I transfer to a rewards card that WILL expire). I don't transfer them until just before our trip, to make sure I don't loose them.

We have a trip in January and had a card that expired Dec 2009. I called in August and requested a NEW rewards card and got one that expired Dec 2010 so I could use them Jan. 2010.

So the bottom line is...if you haven't transferred, transfer as late as possible. If you transfer onto a card that will expire before your trip, or you aren't sure you will use them all on your trip, call and ask for a NEW card with later expiration.
Yes, I always wait untl just before going. I called and transferred the minimum to a card the other day ($10) just to have the card before we go in Feb. I won't transfer anymore until I'm there. You never know with weather etc!! We are driving from NJ the beginning of Feb.
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #245
dmbfan
DIS Veteran
 
dmbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 512

Well got my Dec statement and got my regular Disney Rewards ( this was for our flights and Disney package that we put on our CC) So I really hope our Jan statement has our 5xs rewards, now that would awesome right before our trip, but have a feeling it won't be...
__________________
Jake's Make-A-Wish Disney Trip 3/09 (alot of pictures)
dmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #246
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post
Well got my Dec statement and got my regular Disney Rewards ( this was for our flights and Disney package that we put on our CC) So I really hope our Jan statement has our 5xs rewards, now that would awesome right before our trip, but have a feeling it won't be...
Odd, how everyone with the card has a similar offer and we are all receiving the bonus at different times. I got Oct and Nov bonus portion as a seperate line item on my Dec 26 stmt. When I called to have some dollars transferred to a card (we're going to WDW in Feb) I asked if my Dec bonus would be on the Jan stmt and I was told that's correct. Who knows though, I never got 2 months combined like I just did. I also asked about whether there was a new 5 times bonus and was told no. I guess that's it for now!
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #247
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,500

Hijacking a bit- Does anyone know if chase limits how many times per month you can make a payment? I thought I read about someone having trouble with that once and of course at the time I didn't worry about it because I'd *never* reach my limit- never say never, I guess!
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #248
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Hijacking a bit- Does anyone know if chase limits how many times per month you can make a payment? I thought I read about someone having trouble with that once and of course at the time I didn't worry about it because I'd *never* reach my limit- never say never, I guess!
You can pay when you like. I have made a few payments in the same month mostly since I charged things like food to get bonus dollars. I wanted to pay sooner than the stmt date since I don't like to owe at all for things that are totally consumable like food and wanted the balance down and it paid off.
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #249
DISdreamin'
DIS Veteran
 
DISdreamin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ~1300 miles from WDW
Posts: 982

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
You can pay when you like. I have made a few payments in the same month mostly since I charged things like food to get bonus dollars. I wanted to pay sooner than the stmt date since I don't like to owe at all for things that are totally consumable like food and wanted the balance down and it paid off.
I get paid bi-weekly and make payments when I get paid, so the balance on the card stays low when the statement comes. We were always getting dinged on our FICO for high revolving balances, and they only care what the statement says, so I just charge and pay it off as we go.

So...yes, to multiple payments in a month, but only one can be scheduled at a time, I think. IOW, if you have a payment scheduled for next Friday (payday), you can't go in and make another payment today. You can edit your scheduled payment to earlier and add another, but there is a limitation on only having one pending payment at a time. Not a big deal, but I've run into this before and thought I would mention it.

On topic, we got Oct and Nov all at once on our Dec statement and maxed out the bonus with those months, so I won't see anything more in January.
__________________
Me: DH: DS(9): DD(7): /
DISdreamin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #250
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,050

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISdreamin' View Post
I get paid bi-weekly and make payments when I get paid, so the balance on the card stays low when the statement comes. We were always getting dinged on our FICO for high revolving balances, and they only care what the statement says, so I just charge and pay it off as we go.

So...yes, to multiple payments in a month, but only one can be scheduled at a time, I think. IOW, if you have a payment scheduled for next Friday (payday), you can't go in and make another payment today. You can edit your scheduled payment to earlier and add another, but there is a limitation on only having one pending payment at a time. Not a big deal, but I've run into this before and thought I would mention it.

On topic, we got Oct and Nov all at once on our Dec statement and maxed out the bonus with those months, so I won't see anything more in January.
Glad to hear someone else got the bonus amount. I have a few more dollars that I hope I get in Jan. I did get 111.00 for Oct and Nov in Dec.

As far as pmts, I mail mine and send them as often as I like. I guess with internet pmts, your situation happens, not in the real mail! I just wish they would offer it again!! No dice so far and I called as well since I never got the mailing in Sept for the oct-dec one. Maybe they're tired of giving out free money!!
__________________
1976 Main Gate, 1976 Lake Buena Vista
1977 Lake Buena Vista, 1978 Main Gate, 1979 Poly
1981 Poly & CR, 1982 Disney Villas, 1983 Poly
1984 Main Gate, 1985 Poly, 1986 DL xcountry trip
1987 Main Gate, 1989 DL xcountry trip, 1991 CBR
1992 POFQ, 1993 CBR, 1995 ASMu Magic Music Days
2000 CBR, 2001 CBR 2002 CBR, 2003 May CSR
2003 Aug WL, 2007 ASSp FD, 2008 May ASMu
2008 Sept/Oct ASMu FD w/DV
2009 May ASMu $500 (2)free gift card!
2010 Feb WL, 2010 Nov/Dec CBR,
2012 ASMu Family Suite, 2013 Caribe Royale
These are only the Disney trips!
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #251
Sammy
Suffered from acute Tag Envy
We just giggled to ourselves!
 
Sammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Nashua NH, and a teeny tiny corner of OKW
Posts: 3,009

I haven't received any of my 5x rewards yet for Oct/Nov/Dec spending either. I'm not going until April, so hoping they show up before then
__________________
(Me).....(DH).....(DD)..... (DS).....(DD)

1975, 1979, 1990: Offsite
Sept. 2000: Dixie Landings...First-ever family trip with DH and kids!
Awesome trips since then: Dolphin, OKW x5, BCV, POP, ASMu, CBR, Poly for 20th Anniversary, Bonnet Creek, SSR @ Christmas, AKL for DD's Sweet 16!
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #252
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Husker living in Hoosierland.
Posts: 9,500

Has there been a Jan-March offer?
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #253
mommy2taylor
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Longmeadow, MA USA
Posts: 53

GOT MY OCT.NOV.DEC rewards

Hi all,

I just went online and my december statement just closed. I got my extra rewards. Since they gave me the 1st 1% with each statement, the bonus was for the remaining 4%. We bought furniture and xmas, our bonus was $173!!!! YAHOO ! Also, you can make payments every 3 days directly to Chase, but I have also made payments in between through my online banking, and those also go through. I like to use my Disney card for all purchases, but don't want to get bitten when the bill comes, so i make a payment practically every time i use the thing..... anyone get a notice for January bonus yet???/
__________________
planning fall 2012
Port Orleans Riverside 9/2010
Port Orleans Riverside 9/2008
Rented house 11/2003
Off Property 12/2001
Port Orleans/Wonder December 1-7th, 2000
Condo 1995
mommy2taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #254
sramille
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 267

I received 156 bonus reward dollars on my statement that just posted!
sramille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #255
alyssa810
It's much more fun on the boat
Must have creme brulee
 
alyssa810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Stoughton, MA & OKW
Posts: 2,912

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsklamc View Post
Has there been a Jan-March offer?
I'm wondering as well although if there is I predict my spending limit to go up...
__________________
annual trips since 1997! some highlights: 1st trip Feb 1985**1st onsite WL 11/2002: ENGAGED @ MK**Honeymoon @ DLP- NB 4/2004**DVC members and our OKW love affair begins 12/2004**29th b-day@DLH 8/2005**Joel's 1st trip 12/2007 CBR**back to DLP-SL 6/2010**GCV 9/2011 Happy 4th B-day Joel!***ASMu & BCV 9/2012***OKW1/2013***GCH & GCV 2/2014***OKW 8/2014 40+ trips and counting!!

8 Parks in 9 Months (part II)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2439987
8 Parks in 9 Months (part III)TR here! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post37117909
alyssa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three Quick VWL Questions Silver Queen DVC-Mousecellaneous 11 12-23-2009 01:22 PM
Living near the magic, questions??? suorkaterina The DIS Unplugged Podcast 25 09-24-2009 05:26 PM
$10 Chili's gift card - My Coke Rewards Rootskate Budget Board 27 09-11-2009 06:12 AM
Question to parents... JoyG Community Board 61 09-02-2009 11:49 AM
Success calling Chase to ask about 5X rewards? mrsklamc Budget Board 1 09-01-2009 06:42 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: