Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
KSandbergFL
Life is what happens to you, in between Disney cruises

January 21, 2010 - Wonder

Hi there, we just booked our Jan 21, 2010 cruise today. Couldn't pass up the Kids Sail Free deal. It will be our 5th cruise, and it is in honor of my wife's birthday.

KSandbergFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
Mickeymick1967
Earning My Ears

Disney Cruise

Just booked this cruise, gotta love the kids sail free promotion This will be cruise number 3 for us!!
I hope we get some more cruisemates, it will be pretty quiet onboard with just our two families
Mickeymick1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Purplejewel
Purplejewel

Disney Wonder Cruise - 1/21/2010

Finally!!! I have been checking since this past January (when we booked this cruise) for someone to post a thread for this cruise. It's great to know there are actually other people going on this cruise; I was beginning to worry my husband and I would be the only 2 people on the cruise Sadly, our four daughters will not be on this cruise with us. My husband and I take a Disney Cruise once every year without the kids to celebrate our Anniversary. This will be our 3rd Anniversary Cruise. The first one was a 3-Day cruise (February 2008) to the Bahamas and the 2nd one was a 7-day Eastern Caribbean Cruise (January 2009). The first time we went to the Bahamas we didn't do any shore excursions but we want to do one this time. Any suggestions?

10 cruises (3-Wonder; 3-Magic; 1-Dream; 3-Fantasy)
Purplejewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
DollyXXXX
Earning My Ears

Hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary. Looking forward to a quiet relaxing vacation as our children are all grown up!!!
DollyXXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
LuvtheEars
DIS Veteran

We're with you guys too!

We booked this cruise as a back to back from the 4 day cruise on Jan 17! We saved so much with the Kids sail free that we had enough to book this 3 day and stay on the boat for 7 days!

The 4 day cruise will be a Christmas present for our kids and we are not telling them about the 3 day until we get back on the boat!

We are going to Atlantis on our first stop in Nassau, but we don't know what we are going to do on this cruise. My DH and I are thinking about leaving the kids in the club and lab and doing the Segway excursion.

My kids are DS 9 and DD 6.

This will be our 4th and 5th cruise!

Tiffany
Old 09-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
Purplejewel
Purplejewel

Isn't a Disney Cruise one of the best ways to celebrate an Anniversary? My husband and I have been hooked on Disney Cruises since we took our first one. My husband loves the food and I love just getting away from work stresses and being in an environment that is totally different from any other type of vacation. We will probably book our next Anniversary Disney Cruise (a 7-Day Western Caribbean Cruise) before we leave this cruise because they always offer such great discounts if you book your next cruise while on a cruise. Incentives are always a welcome thing!

10 cruises (3-Wonder; 3-Magic; 1-Dream; 3-Fantasy)
Purplejewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
KSandbergFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplejewel View Post
The first time we went to the Bahamas we didn't do any shore excursions but we want to do one this time. Any suggestions?
We did the glass-bottom boat tour once... it was nice but a bit pricey.

This trip, we are going to try out Cabbage Beach, which is supposedly a free public beach, to the east of Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. There are some threads on the DisBoards about it, it costs $4 per person to take a taxi there. My wife is a little nervous about taking a taxi in a foreign country, but I think we'll do OK.

The official Bahamas website is a good place to start for looking for stuff to do while at Nassau. Most of the shore excursions offered by Disney - you can book them yourself, directly, and save a few $$$. You just have to Google around for websites and phone numbers and stuff.

http://www.bahamas.com/nassau-paradise-island/about
Old 09-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #8
KSandbergFL

Hi there... we just got back from our Sept 17-20th Wonder cruise, and we tried out Cabbage Beach. It was AWESOME. We will definitely do it again, on our Jan 21st cruise.

I posted a thorough report in this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2279215
Old 09-25-2009, 08:11 AM   #9
Mickeymick1967
Earning My Ears

Cabbage Beach

I was contemplating Cabbage Beach also, just kind of leary taking a cab in a foreign country. How much did it cost? Did you take any pics of the beach? Thanks in advance
Old 09-25-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
Mickeymick1967
Earning My Ears

Cabbage Beach

Thanks KsandbergFL, just read your link to the Cabbage Beach post. Thanks for all the great info!! I do believe we might give this a go.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
smsnorthup
I have OCDD-Obsessive Compulsive Disney Disorder

We just booked a couple of days ago! First cruise for our family...me, DH, DD8 and DS2. The kids don't know about it and we're surprising them at xmas! Can't wait
Old 10-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #12
KSandbergFL

We would be happy to be the "point man" for a kid's only "fish extender exchange" on this cruise. We did it, for the first time, on our last cruise and it is really exciting for the kids... the concept is just like hanging up a stocking over the fireplace for Christmas.. except you hang a little pouch (called a "fish extender") from the fish outside your door.

If you want to participate, just PM me with your room number (when you get it) and the ages of your kids. I'll reciprocate by PM'ing everyone with the list of rooms/kids.

If there is an "overwhelming" response (ie, more than 10 families), I would suggest splitting the list up into two parts... but if ya'll want to keep the list large, we're OK with that too.

If you want more info on "fish extenders", here is a good thread to start with:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

Only about 3 more months until the cruise -- yay!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
Mickeymick1967
Earning My Ears

Fish extender

Count me in for the Fish Extender!! We did it on our last cruise, it was sooo much fun for the kids, both filling other peoples and checking ours when we returned to the room.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #14
mayotwins
Earning My Ears

Cruisin' Again. We did the 7-day in January 2008 - Santa brought this trip to us. This time we gave the kids the option of regular Christmas or disney cruise - guess what they chose - hands downs (even from the DD-6 and DS-11, DS-11) no hesitation Disney Cruise - hurray!!!!!!

Count our family in for the fish extender - did it last cruise and the kids had a ball getting and giving!
mayotwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #15
noahade
Earning My Ears

WOW! Here comes another Newbie! LOL!

O.K. =) All signed up and ready to learn about the fishie thing! It sounds awesome! Please count my family in! I am excited to talk with all my fellow cruisers on this board! The DH is not very fun to talk with about this! Hopefully that will change!!!LOL! This trip is a surprise for my 6 yr old son's Bday! The 21st is the actual day!!! SO, any suggestions or info that you think could possibly make it more magical for him, I WANT TO DO IT! One thing I am wondering about is the water excursions? Does anyone know if it is too cold... I wanted to do the dolphin thing with him. Thanks Guys!

A VERY excited mom!!! =)
noahade is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: