Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #106
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

I'm looking forward to your report on the Garden View Tea...that sounds like something I may want to try in the future.

The dessert party sounds great. I'd love to do that on a future trip.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #107
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Great job with the Wishes dessert party. Sounds like fun. My trip itself is not a surprise, but i'm going to book the wishes cruise, that is a surprise.!!! I love Wishes

Your plans look great, and the tea sounds like fun!

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #108
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I'm looking forward to your report on the Garden View Tea...that sounds like something I may want to try in the future.

The dessert party sounds great. I'd love to do that on a future trip.
I think it'll be great; the tea, tea sandwiches and pastries will be a fun mini-meal for everyone. And my husband is dying to see the girls drinking chocolate milk from a tea pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Great job with the Wishes dessert party. Sounds like fun. My trip itself is not a surprise, but i'm going to book the wishes cruise, that is a surprise.!!! I love Wishes

Your plans look great, and the tea sounds like fun!
I've seen a couple of reports with people who've done the wishes dessert parties and it just looks like such a special experience for everyone to do, especially during the MVMCP. The cruise sounds AMAZING; what a way to watch Wishes!
Old 09-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #109
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Jose and I had some errands to run this morning, one of which was to spend some hard earned cash at the Disney Store!

We had to sneak into the house with the enormous, colorful bag they gave us. I distracted the girls with chocolate. (Whatever works!)

Firstly, we found stuffed animals of the Happy Monster Band! The girls LOVE these guys. So we got both little girls one of their own... we may add the others later but two is enough to fight over for now.

We also found Rocket, which I think will come out during the long car trip down as a little surprise, but he was only 99 cents! NINETY-NINE CENTS. I know, SHUT UP! He had to be bought.

These shirts are perfect for the little ones. They are best friends, and two peas in a pod.

These tank tops will be great for layering during the unpredictable weather. And they're CUTE!

These are really subtly Disney dresses... the pink crowns are hardly noticeable but so sweet.

I got something too.

I have a thing for villains. She HAD to be mine!

We also got them each Tinkerbell necklaces with matching bracelets. One purple and one green, to (hopefully) lessen the fighting. For some reason I didn't take pictures of them though. I'll do that next time!

I also got presents in the mail the last couple of days. Presents I bought for myself!

First I have to tell you I LOVE Disney Couture jewelry.

Love it. In fact there is a new collection coming out in October themed on Tinkerbell and I cannot WAIT to get some pieces! (One is an enormous domed cocktail ring that's clear on top and has these bits that a tiny tinker would use, like a little screw, etc. Gorgeous! But I digress.)

I found this for 70% off online- normally $100 and I got it for $29! It's from the 2006 Pirates collection.

It has a nice long chain which I adore. It's absolutely beautiful!

I wear a lot of subtle skull jewelry; I bought tiny silver skulls from the Magic Kingdom's POTC store last trip, and I wear then all the time!

Isn't it pretty?!

I've got another piece en route to me... cannot wait for that one too!

Lastly is a book that I think will come in handy on our long, long drive.

It has information on every exit, every rest stop, every motel, restaurant, gas station, emergency call box, hurricane shelter... you name it, it's in there. Pretty handy to have, especially this being our first drive on this highway!

Here's the inside front cover with a handy-dandy map of the basic expressways.

Here's a sample of one of the pages for I-75, which we will see a LOT of.

And a couple of close ups

I ordered the accompanying book as well which will show us our route from Chattanooga to the Florida border.

I do love my Disney planning!

Old 09-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #110
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I love that you were able to snag a ressie for the dessert party! On your MVMCP night! That is SO awesome!!!

And oh my gosh, you know what I'm going to say next right? I LOVE the shopping purchases!!!!! Especially the shirts that say 2 times the fun, double the trouble. Sooooo cute.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #111
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I love that you were able to snag a ressie for the dessert party! On your MVMCP night! That is SO awesome!!!

And oh my gosh, you know what I'm going to say next right? I LOVE the shopping purchases!!!!! Especially the shirts that say 2 times the fun, double the trouble. Sooooo cute.
I cannot wait to see the girls' faces when we walk into the room with that table full of sweets... they're going to pass out!

I thought of you the whole time I was picking things out. Jose was on the fence about those shirts but I mean come on... they are SO appropriate!
Old 09-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #112
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
I cannot wait to see the girls' faces when we walk into the room with that table full of sweets... they're going to pass out!
Seriously. If there was any way for you to have a camera on their faces, that photo would most certainly be priceless!

Quote:
I thought of you the whole time I was picking things out. Jose was on the fence about those shirts but I mean come on... they are SO appropriate!
Awww!!!

They are totally appropriate, I agree.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #113
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Seriously. If there was any way for you to have a camera on their faces, that photo would most certainly be priceless!
I'm going to do my darndest to have Jose catch them on video as we walk in. I'll probably be busy pushing strollers!
Old 09-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #114
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Just subbing to follow along. DD and I will be at WDW the same time as your family. We have a free day on the 19th and I'm debating going to MVMCP.

Have you not driven to WDW before? We've done it twice coming through Nashville. It's really pretty through the mountains. Just make sure and time Atlanta right. Rush hour there is a madhouse. Other than it's pretty easy. Just know that once you get to the FL border, it seems to take FOREVER to get there. I swear the road gets longer from Ocala to Orlando!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #115
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
Just subbing to follow along. DD and I will be at WDW the same time as your family. We have a free day on the 19th and I'm debating going to MVMCP.

Have you not driven to WDW before? We've done it twice coming through Nashville. It's really pretty through the mountains. Just make sure and time Atlanta right. Rush hour there is a madhouse. Other than it's pretty easy. Just know that once you get to the FL border, it seems to take FOREVER to get there. I swear the road gets longer from Ocala to Orlando!
Hey there! Nope we've never driven down there; in fact we've only been to WDW once, and that was in Jan/Feb of this year! So in a lot of respects we're still newbies.

I've heard about what a madhouse Atlanta is; we're planning on leaving here super early - like 2 am, and since Atlanta is a 4 hour drive and 1 hour ahead of us we would get there around 7 am. We'll be hitting town just as early morning traffic starts but it won't be the heaviest time at the very least (fingers crossed). And if we do hit at a bad time... Oy. Thankfully my husband has the patience of Job.

I had a feeling Florida was going to feel like the longest leg of the trip! I've got to figure out where to spring the surprise on the girls... we're not going to tell them where we're going for as long as we can, just to avoid the "are we there yet" syndrome!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:43 AM   #116
Lizzybear
You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!
I'm the main holiday initiator/planner which is how I like it!

Love your recent purchases, the DC necklace is so pretty... I really like their stuff but sometimes find the chains on the necklaces a bit short so glad to hear they're making some with longer chains now
DLP Day trip 1992, School trip 1997, Day trip 2000, Magic Circus 2003, Cheyenne 2006, Sequoia Lodge 2007 and Santa Fe 2010. WDW Ramada Resort I-Drive 2002, Sheraton Studio City 2005, POFQ 2007 and CSR 2009. DLR Fairfield Inn 2008.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #117
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybear View Post
Love your recent purchases, the DC necklace is so pretty... I really like their stuff but sometimes find the chains on the necklaces a bit short so glad to hear they're making some with longer chains now
Thanks, Lizzy! I know what you mean about the chains; I often end up with chokers when I'm not meant to.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #118
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Okay, I fully intended on writing a snazzy update for you all this morning, and then it all went haywire!

My husband got a new laptop (graphic designer, he's always upgrading something) and I got his old one. Then I gave Tatiana my old Macbook, so it's been Mac Swap in the house all day long!

Transferring files from computer to computer... BORING.

So I'm now updating from my new-to-me 17 inch Macbook pro. Hello, Dis Boards!

Update. I really do have one.

And here it is.

OUR TRIP IS PAID IN FULL!

I called Saturday night after all our running around, and got the email when I woke up on Sunday telling me we're all set to go.

You know what that means, right?

This trip is ACTUALLY HAPPENING!

YES!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #120
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Great updates!!

Congrats on having the trip paid...now you can start thinking about your NEXT one!

You have some great purchases! I didn't realize they starting making the Happy Monster Band stuffed animals. They are great!

T-shirts are cool!

That Florida book looks like it could be really helpful and fun to help pass the time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: