Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #91
Lizzybear
You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!
I'm the main holiday initiator/planner which is how I like it!

Those Tiki dresses are too cute! If I ever have daughters i'll be dangerous when it comes to shopping, clothes are my weakness as it is
We're using TGM for this trip, never have before so glad to hear his plans worked well for you Did you only visit parks on green days? Or some yellow?
DLP Day trip 1992, School trip 1997, Day trip 2000, Magic Circus 2003, Cheyenne 2006, Sequoia Lodge 2007 and Santa Fe 2010. WDW Ramada Resort I-Drive 2002, Sheraton Studio City 2005, POFQ 2007 and CSR 2009. DLR Fairfield Inn 2008.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #92
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybear View Post
Those Tiki dresses are too cute! If I ever have daughters i'll be dangerous when it comes to shopping, clothes are my weakness as it is
We're using TGM for this trip, never have before so glad to hear his plans worked well for you Did you only visit parks on green days? Or some yellow?
I love shopping for the girls; it is TOO much fun! Especially with a trip on the horizon.

I did only visit parks on green days, but we were going at such a slow time of year I wonder if it could've made much of a difference anyway. I'm still planning on visiting only on green days, just to be safe! It always seems to work out well...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #93
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Love the Tiki dresses. So stinkin' cute. And what a cute Tinkerbell swimsuit! I am so living vicariously through your purchases. Well Jose be upset if I tell you SHOP WOMAN, SHOP!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #94
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Love the Tiki dresses. So stinkin' cute. And what a cute Tinkerbell swimsuit! I am so living vicariously through your purchases. Well Jose be upset if I tell you SHOP WOMAN, SHOP!!!!
Well he may not like it but I'm ecstatic to fulfill your request! I think we're paying off the trip in full this weekend which will mean I can actually focus on SHOPPING!
Old 09-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #95
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Penciled Itinerary

Now that the haziness of the flu is lifted from my brain, I have a chance to sit and look at our tentative itinerary for November. Here it is at a glance:

Nov. 14: Leave before dawn for the drive to FL. Surprise the girls once we reach the Florida border. Check in at Pop Century. Pass out.

Nov. 15: Sleep in. Enjoy the pool and Downtown Disney.. Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express.

Nov. 16: Epcot. Lunch at Le Cellier. Jose and I, dinner at California Grill.

Nov. 17: Magic Kingdom. Dinner at 'Ohana.

Nov. 18: Epcot. Dinner at Biergarten.

Nov. 19: Animal Kingdom. Lunch at Tusker House. Garden View Lounge for afternoon tea. Dinner during MVMCP at Tony’s Town Square.

Nov. 20: Magic Kingdom. Dinner at The Wave.

Nov. 21: Check out of Pop Century. Possibly visit Epcot. Begin leisurely drive home. Stop somewhere in Georgia (?).

Nov. 22: Finish driving home.

I'm comfortable enough with the itinerary itself, but I need to add another table service meal in there somewhere. We'll have just a couple of TS credits left over after the dinners shown reserved above and I can't let them go to waste! Any ideas? I keep trying to think of a must-see restaurant, but one's escaping my mind.

Any ideas?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #96
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

What about adding a late breakfast on the 21st after you check out? Help keep the magic going?

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 09-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #97
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
What about adding a late breakfast on the 21st after you check out? Help keep the magic going?

Denise
Okay two thoughts on that... the first one is, can we still use dining credits and our KTTW cards after we've checked out? Then the second thought on that is, I'm not sure where we'll be that last day. It all depends on if we add another ticket or not so that kind of leaves the day wide open and difficult to schedule an ADR. But we'll have loads of counter credits to use so that's probably what we'll do. But we COULD add a breakfast on during the week somewhere...
Old 09-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #98
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

What child care service will you use during your Cali Grill dinner? I'm just curious, DH and I have never tried one before.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #99
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
What child care service will you use during your Cali Grill dinner? I'm just curious, DH and I have never tried one before.
Kids Nite Out seems to be the sitting service of choice, so I'm going with them. With Tatiana being 11 she's old enough to keep an eye on things for me, so it's kind of like I'm there with them, which is good. She can tell me everything that goes down!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #100
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Woohoo, Wishes!

Dudes and dudettes (are there any dudes out there?), I was perusing the dining board about an hour ago and saw that someone had successfully booked a Wishes Dessert Party for a MVMCP night! HOLY COW!

I immediately grabbed my phone and ran out of the room to call dining reservations. Remember I can't say anything in front of my kids, and of course I would find out as we're all sitting around watching tv tonight. So off I ran, and would you believe when the reservationist asked for my resort confirmation number I had actually memorized the darn thing? What does that tell us.

Anyway, I got a wonderful agent named Andrea who was fantastic and helpful and hooked me right up with a reservation for all of us the night of our MVMCP! She said the party itself would go on for about an hour before the fireworks, and my ressie is at 8:30 so I would assume that means fireworks are around 9 or so? I have no idea... nonetheless I am STOKED. My daughters are going to flip out at the sea of desserts and the prime viewing for the fireworks!

So now I'm really taking a look at my Nov. 19th itinerary. I'm thinking we either need to scratch Tony's altogether or make it an early reservation (it's at about 7), and I probably need to move our afternoon tea to another day as well.

Time to get out the eraser!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #101
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Yep, your dining credits are good until midnight the day you check out.

Awesome news about the dessert on a MVMCP night!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 09-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #102
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Yep, your dining credits are good until midnight the day you check out.

Awesome news about the dessert on a MVMCP night!

Denise
Oh that is wonderful news, I had no idea! Thank you SO much, Denise!

I figured once you'd checked out and settled the bill it was all over and done with. ...This really opens up some more options for our last day...
Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #103
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

More dining ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Booking the Wishes Dessert Party changed a few of our ressies last night! When my husband got home from school I practically accosted him with new stuff.

Want a peak? I'll highlight what's new or changed for you.

Nov. 14: Drive to FL. Check in at Pop Century.

Nov. 15: Go to the pool and Downtown Disney. Garden View Lounge for tea. Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express (?)

Nov. 16: Epcot. Lunch at Le Cellier. Jose and I, dinner at California Grill.

Nov. 17: Magic Kingdom. Chef Mickey’s for breakfast before the park opens (early!). Dinner at O’hana.

Nov. 18: Epcot. Dinner at Biergarten.

Nov. 19: Animal Kingdom. Lunch at Tusker House. Wishes Dessert Party at the Tomorrowland Terrace.

Nov. 20: Magic Kingdom. Dinner at The Wave.

Nov. 21: Check out of Pop Century. Possibly visit Epcot. Begin leisurely drive home.

Nov. 22: Finish driving home.

We moved our afternoon tea to our first full day when we have no other concrete plans (it'll be a great way to get to find our way around the Contemporary), and of course we added the Wishes Dessert Party the night of our MVMCP, but we also canceled our ressie at Tony's for that same night opting to just go with counter service whenever we actually feel hungry. We don't know when we'll actually be in the Magic Kingdom (I hear you can get in as early as 4 the night of a party, but it doesn't actually start till 7) so this just leaves more options open for us on a busy night like this. And then, much to my husband's pleasure, we've added breakfast at Chef Mickey's! He is very much a breakfast guy, so he's pretty stoked to have a table service before we head into a long day at the Magic Kingdom.

We still have the issue with extra table service credits, so I'm pawning off some of the 'what do we do' on my husband. I've emailed him the Word document I'm keeping track of our plans on and told him to pick a day and time he'd like to squeeze in another meal. I'll then be able to narrow down the list of choices enough to make a coherent decision.

I hope!

More purchases were made online this week as well and should be making their way here as we speak. Some are practical, some are whimsical... I'll share as soon as they arrive!
Old 09-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #104
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

The dessert party sounds like heaven!
Old 09-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #105
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
The dessert party sounds like heaven!
RIGHT?! I think it sounds like the perfect way to watch the fireworks. Not to mention giving the girls a complete sugar high upon which they can enjoy the heck out of the rest of the MVMCP!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: