Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #76
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
Better late than never!

I have a package en route from disneyshopping.com so you will definitely see more girly stuff on the way. I completely get what you mean; Tatiana was born when Kyle was three years old and the change from boy clothes to girl clothes was a welcome one! Having two little girls again has been awesome for my shopping habit!
Oooooooo...more for me to oogle over!!!

Quote:
I cannot wait for the photo ops at Pop... Jose and I can't stop talking about this trip which can be a real problem since nobody else knows about it!
Oh, you're going to have SO much fun!!! I can't wait for you to go so I can read this trip report.

You must get real quiet when the kids come in the room, huh? I can't imagine not telling them, it must be so hard!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #77
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post

Oh, you're going to have SO much fun!!! I can't wait for you to go so I can read this trip report.

You must get real quiet when the kids come in the room, huh? I can't imagine not telling them, it must be so hard!!!
Oh I am a terrible secret keeper, but I thought this was going to be much harder than it actually is. I had to bite my tongue the first week or so, but now it's a lot of hushed talking and emailing of details. It helps to be able to say "Someday when we go back to Disney World..." in the moments when we do get a little too close to slipping up!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #78
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
It helps to be able to say "Someday when we go back to Disney World..." in the moments when we do get a little too close to slipping up!
Oh, you're tricky.

I LOVE IT!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #79
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Oh, you're tricky.

I LOVE IT!
I cannot tell you how many times I had to use that line... but it's a lot!
Old 09-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #80
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I think that's so sweet you guys enjoy talking about the upcoming trip to gether! I long for a DH that "gets it" and would even THINK about going to WDW! Mine would rather go camping and sit in a camp chair by a fire.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #81
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I think that's so sweet you guys enjoy talking about the upcoming trip to gether! I long for a DH that "gets it" and would even THINK about going to WDW! Mine would rather go camping and sit in a camp chair by a fire.
I'm just as surprised, believe me. When I first started bringing up the idea of a family Disney trip he was SO not on board. He'd never stepped foot in a Disney park before. After some not so subtle convincing he got on board, but it wasn't until we were knee-deep into our first trip this January that he got it. Now he loves it ALMOST as much as me!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #82
LaniesMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh shut up! (In the nicest way possible...) I would LOVE to meet up with you while we're there, especially with our being at the party on the same day! Let's definitely make plans to 'accidentally' run into each other. We're going to be much more relaxed about where we'll go and what we'll do. The days I chose to go to the parks are based on Tourguide Mike's recommendations... he didn't steer me wrong in Jan/Feb so I'm just trying to avoid crowds as much as humanly possible... everything else is fair game.

Happy birthday to your daughter!

Are you going to write a PTR/TR?
Had a busy few days with the birthday and all, so I'm just getting back to you now. I won't be doing a PTR because there's really not that much to report--
We have an outline of what parks we want to do on what days & ADR's, but since DD will be 14 months old a the time the whole family has decided that we will go at her pace and if plans change, they change. We're just going to go with the flow--probably get up for morning EMH since DD is up early anyway, do some touring, go back to the resort for afternoon nap/swim (hopefully the weather cooperates!). Most of our dinners are 6:30-7ish so then we'll do a few things after dinner too.
We got a great deal due to the fact that my Dad is retired military, and we know we'll be back now that we have a little one--so I'm not trying to cram everything in one trip. We have our must-do's at each park and our ADR's and MVMCP so everything else is just icing on the cake. We're just looking forward to being together as a family and celebrating my Mom's birthday with her. I'm not going to be a commando this trip. When we were kids we always went the week before Thanksgiving and the crowds were very low. so hopefully it will be the same.
I will do a report of CSR for my fellow CSR friends on the thread, but not sure if I'll do a full blown TR yet. I'll see.

SOOO thrilled for you that you got into Pop! I stayed there my last trip with my cousin and her then-4 year old daughter and I enjoyed it a lot. So did the 4 year old! I think your family will enjoy it too.
Next trip: May 2013--Happy Birthday to me! POR RGR

Me DH DD(4) DD(infant) our family is complete!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #83
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Thank you!

I went all commando on our last trip; this time around I'm looking forward to going with the flow. The only real plans we have revolve around Tour Guide Mike's recommendations, our MVMCP and of course our ADR's. We only had ONE table service meal on our ten day trip in January... I'm thrilled to have at least one a day this time around! (One can only stand in line for their food so often before you're longing for a seat and a menu!)
Old 09-15-2009, 07:21 PM   #84
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

New purchases!

So I mentioned I'd made my first Disneyshopping.com purchase for the trip to come... I'll tell you, I was kind of saddened to know I wouldn't have months and months ahead of me to hide away gifts for the girls... I'll just have to make the next month and a half work really really REALLY hard to be up to my shopping standards.

So here's a purchase that's more necessity than anything else. Anastasia has outgrown her swim suits in the last month or so and would be needing a new one for this trip, undoubtedly. If we weren't going to Disney in November I'd skip it altogether, but I can't possibly take her near all those pools and not let her in... which leads us to:

Stasia's new Tinkerbell swim suit! It's way cute, what with the little ruffles on the sides and all. And the suits she's outgrown just happen to fit Lexi perfectly as she's one size behind her. Hurray for hand me downs!

The next purchases are for a very specific moment in our itinerary. They're two dresses, perfect for Stasia and Lexi to wear to, well... can you guess?

Oh yeah... I got the girls Disney Tiki dresses to wear to 'Ohana!

And because they're SO cute, I have some details of the material to show you.

Jose has a Hawaiian style shirt he can wear to dinner, but I've got to see if I can find something for Tatiana and me... If not we'll see if we can't at least find something in the right color family. But I couldn't NOT get these dresses for the girls!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #85
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

the Hawaiian clothes are super cute!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #86
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I love the dresses!

Do you have a dollar tree near you? Our always has alot of disney stuff.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:06 AM   #87
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
the Hawaiian clothes are super cute!
Thank you! I cannot wait to take pictures at the Poly in those dresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I love the dresses!

Do you have a dollar tree near you? Our always has alot of disney stuff.
Not near, per se... we have other dollar type stores but the last one I was in was kind of 'blah'! I'm counting on Christmas stuff coming out as soon as Halloween rolls nearer (or is past); with our trip falling just as Disney rolls out their holiday decor I'm going to try to bring on Christmas in November!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:51 AM   #88
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great

Oh gosh! Those are simply the cutest dresses! They are going to look so adorable in them at your dinner at O'hana!!!

So, not a commando trip, eh?? I love the fact that you'll get a sit-down meal each day. I think it's a really nice way to stay "in the touring groove", but have a little break, in AC. Will be nice to see your "non-commando" itinerary when you post it!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #89
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Oh gosh! Those are simply the cutest dresses! They are going to look so adorable in them at your dinner at O'hana!!!

So, not a commando trip, eh?? I love the fact that you'll get a sit-down meal each day. I think it's a really nice way to stay "in the touring groove", but have a little break, in AC. Will be nice to see your "non-commando" itinerary when you post it!
The only reason I've hesitated posting an itinerary as of yet is because we've contemplated park hoppers and that would change how we spend half of our day, most days... still, I think I'll post something soon (today?!) so you can at least see what we're working with!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #90
All7OfUs

Cannot wait, dearie!!!

I'll be waiting!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: