Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #61
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Talking to a CM named Carson right now... cross everything!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #62
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

OMG! I think I've talked to Carson before!!!

Crossing...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #63
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

It's official...

We've changed resorts!

We will now be staying at Pop Century from November 14th - 21st!

I thought my husband would be uber annoyed at my wanting to change resorts, but instead he was totally open to the idea! I explained what I knew about Pop Century, the transportation system, the on-site store, the food court... and I told him that in exchange for giant Disney characters there were Big Wheels and Yo-Yo's. And when I called blessed Carson at Disney reservations, we had no problem changing resorts whatsoever!

HURRAY!

You know that sigh of relief that comes straight from your soul when you're staying at the right resort?

Yeah, I just got that.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #64
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I am so excited for you!!!!!!! I can't wait to see your pictures!!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #65
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

You're going to have such a good time. And the no bus sharing is a definite plus! Congrats on getting Pop

Old 09-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #66
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I am so excited for you!!!!!!! I can't wait to see your pictures!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
You're going to have such a good time. And the no bus sharing is a definite plus! Congrats on getting Pop
Thank you! I'm really excited about this change. I have a confession to make as well.

I totally called and made the change before I conferred with my husband about it. Thankfully he was on board when all was said and done, but he was out of the house when I went into my resort change fit and when that happens I CANNOT WAIT.

So yeah... I'm REALLY glad he liked what he saw!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #67
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
I totally called and made the change before I conferred with my husband about it. Thankfully he was on board when all was said and done, but he was out of the house when I went into my resort change fit and when that happens I CANNOT WAIT.

So yeah... I'm REALLY glad he liked what he saw!
Phew!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #68
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Yeah, that's what I call sheer dumb luck! lol
Old 09-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #69
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I am so happy for you that you are going to the right place with the "right" feel for you! It can really throw off your whole "feel" of your trip if you're not completely happy with where you coming back to at the end of the day.

Extra glad Jose was with you on it too!! What a relief that must have been!

Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 AM   #70
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I am so happy for you that you are going to the right place with the "right" feel for you! It can really throw off your whole "feel" of your trip if you're not completely happy with where you coming back to at the end of the day.

Extra glad Jose was with you on it too!! What a relief that must have been!
Oh yeah, I was banking on the fact that he'd be with me on the idea of the move! Truth be told... he'd do anything I asked him to. But I was hoping he'd actually like it so I didn't feel TOO guilty having already changed resorts!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #71
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

All Right on the resort change. We really wanted to stay at Pop too, but we're doing the All Star Music suites! Congrats

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 09-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #72
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting POP for your trip! That's fantastic. I know exactly what you mean about knowing when the resort is "right". I felt so torn about the resorts for my trip until I found the great deal at the Boardwalk. I've felt completely at ease with my decision ever since I changed. (Of course, I feel the complete opposite about my switch from POP to ASSports ).

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 09-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #73
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
All Right on the resort change. We really wanted to stay at Pop too, but we're doing the All Star Music suites! Congrats
We almost did the ASMu suites in January; you have to let me know how you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Congrats on getting POP for your trip! That's fantastic. I know exactly what you mean about knowing when the resort is "right". I felt so torn about the resorts for my trip until I found the great deal at the Boardwalk. I've felt completely at ease with my decision ever since I changed. (Of course, I feel the complete opposite about my switch from POP to ASSports ).
I never even knew I wanted to stay at POP till it just seemed to be staring me in the face this past week. See what happens when everyone's sick and I have TOO much time at the computer?
Old 09-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #74
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Okay, I just finished reading it all. Sorry I'm late!!!

I hope Kyle is feeling better. Happy Birthday to Kyle!

I'm so glad you're taking this trip with your girls. I say if the teen wants to stay at home, let him. At least you know you'll all be happy with your decisions!

I'm so excited for you all to have tea. I just picture your little girls dressed up and it warms my heart. Please, please, please continue to post any outfits, goodies, etc that you're buying. I love looking at little girl things (and buying for my nieces is soooooo much fun) since I live in the world of boy. Don't get me wrong, I love my son. But it's fun to look at girlie stuff!

I'm really happy that you switched to Pop. I think you're going to love it there. Without a doubt, my favorite value.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #75
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Okay, I just finished reading it all. Sorry I'm late!!!

I hope Kyle is feeling better. Happy Birthday to Kyle!

I'm so glad you're taking this trip with your girls. I say if the teen wants to stay at home, let him. At least you know you'll all be happy with your decisions!

I'm so excited for you all to have tea. I just picture your little girls dressed up and it warms my heart. Please, please, please continue to post any outfits, goodies, etc that you're buying. I love looking at little girl things (and buying for my nieces is soooooo much fun) since I live in the world of boy. Don't get me wrong, I love my son. But it's fun to look at girlie stuff!

I'm really happy that you switched to Pop. I think you're going to love it there. Without a doubt, my favorite value.
Better late than never!

I have a package en route from disneyshopping.com so you will definitely see more girly stuff on the way. I completely get what you mean; Tatiana was born when Kyle was three years old and the change from boy clothes to girl clothes was a welcome one! Having two little girls again has been awesome for my shopping habit!

I cannot wait for the photo ops at Pop... Jose and I can't stop talking about this trip which can be a real problem since nobody else knows about it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: