Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #46
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Joining in our your PTR FUN!!! How exciting to surprise the kids!!!

So sorry you guys are getting the swine flu, I hope the next week goes by quickly for you! I am glad to hear that Kyle is getting over it though!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE

I love all of purchases, I can't wait until my trip gets a little closer. I LOVE Disney Shopping!!!!!!
Welcome, and thank you! Kyle's recovering nicely, FINALLY. Hopefully the rest of us will follow suit soon.

We're still tweaking the plans for how we'll surprise the girls with the trip... I can't make up my mind!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #47
LaniesMom
Mouseketeer

Hi Lara!
I wandered over here after seeing your title...because my family & I will be at WDW the same exact dates you will be! It'll be my daughter's first trip--her first birthday is actually TODAY!; she'll be 14 months when we go. My parents and brother are coming with to celebrate our big year (Mom will be celebrating her birthday while we are at WDW, her request was a Biergarten dinner; my brother just turned the big 3-0 last Sunday).
Looking forward to hearing more about your plans--maybe we'll see each other since we will also be at MVMCP on the 19th!
Thanks for sharing!
Next trip: May 2013--Happy Birthday to me! POR RGR

Me DH DD(4) DD(infant) our family is complete!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #48
LaniesMom
Mouseketeer

I just re-read your earlier post and wanted to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE! Funny that we have kids born on the same day and we're taking a trip to WDW at the same time, huh?

You know what they say.....it's a Small World after all......

(sorry, had to do it!)
Next trip: May 2013--Happy Birthday to me! POR RGR

Me DH DD(4) DD(infant) our family is complete!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #49
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniesMom View Post
Hi Lara!
I wandered over here after seeing your title...because my family & I will be at WDW the same exact dates you will be! It'll be my daughter's first trip--her first birthday is actually TODAY!; she'll be 14 months when we go. My parents and brother are coming with to celebrate our big year (Mom will be celebrating her birthday while we are at WDW, her request was a Biergarten dinner; my brother just turned the big 3-0 last Sunday).
Looking forward to hearing more about your plans--maybe we'll see each other since we will also be at MVMCP on the 19th!
Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniesMom View Post
I just re-read your earlier post and wanted to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE! Funny that we have kids born on the same day and we're taking a trip to WDW at the same time, huh?

You know what they say.....it's a Small World after all......

(sorry, had to do it!)
Oh shut up! (In the nicest way possible...) I would LOVE to meet up with you while we're there, especially with our being at the party on the same day! Let's definitely make plans to 'accidentally' run into each other. We're going to be much more relaxed about where we'll go and what we'll do. The days I chose to go to the parks are based on Tourguide Mike's recommendations... he didn't steer me wrong in Jan/Feb so I'm just trying to avoid crowds as much as humanly possible... everything else is fair game.

Happy birthday to your daughter!

Are you going to write a PTR/TR?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #50
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Ok, all caught up on this report now too!!! Looks like you got yourself some great dining plans!!! You are going to love all your choices!!! I think the girls are going to love ASmov too!!! We have stayed there several times when my DSs was younger. If you want to me close to the main hall, request a room in either the Toy Story or Lady and the Tramp buildings!!!

Disney is so much more magical during the holidays. We were just there is December and it was one of our best trips! As I already told you, you are all going to have a blast at MVMCP!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #51
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Ok, all caught up on this report now too!!! Looks like you got yourself some great dining plans!!! You are going to love all your choices!!! I think the girls are going to love ASmov too!!! We have stayed there several times when my DSs was younger. If you want to me close to the main hall, request a room in either the Toy Story or Lady and the Tramp buildings!!!

Disney is so much more magical during the holidays. We were just there is December and it was one of our best trips! As I already told you, you are all going to have a blast at MVMCP!!!
Hurray! We just had a minor altercation with our dining plan last night. I'll write about it this morning, but be forewarned, I have a crazy head cold going on and I'm a wee big foggy! (No fever thus far, so no swine flu... yet! Fingers crossed it stays that way!)

I'm really excited for the girls to experience ASMo... I think it will be phenomenal for them to be so surrounded by Disney!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #52
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Okay, so let me make a caveat before I type here; I am SICK this morning and my head is way foggy. I can't concentrate at all but I have to tell you about a change we made in our dining plans last night!

Jose and I are celebrating our fifth anniversary while we're in WDW, but we realized we haven't set up one solo dinner to actually celebrate together. We have lots of family dinners, but those of you with multiple kids (or kids at all for that matter) can probably grasp that one evening out where you're able to order and eat without having to cut up anyone's food or try to calm a tired child makes for a really pleasurable time. So, yeah. We decided we deserved one dinner that falls under that category!

Here's what we did. We scrapped Raglan Road (I know it's supposed to be good and all but it was expendable as far as we were concerned) and added California Grill late one night. FINALLY, Cali Grill!

The new ADR list is:

Monday Nov. 16 - Le Cellier, lunch ... Cali Grill, dinner
Tuesday Nov. 17 - 'Ohana, dinner
Wednesday Nov. 18 - Biergarten, dinner
Thursday Nov. 19 - Tony's Town Square, dinner (and MVMCP)
Friday Nov. 20 - The Wave, dinner

Now, here's where you have to remember my brain is really foggy.

We're actually checking in to ASMo on the 14, checking out on the 21st. That's 7 nights. So that means we'll have that many days of free dining, yes? But we only have six ADR's, and one is a 2 credit (Cali Grill). But because only Jose and I will be eating there, we have an odd number of credits left over... I am trying to figure this one out! I think it means we'll have two child TS meals and two adult TS meals left over... Am I counting that right? I'm trying to figure out if I need to make another ADR somewhere... Help a sicky out!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #53
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Cali Grill is supposed to be great. I'm sure you'll have a good time.
Which kid's club are you going to use for your night out?

Feel better!!1

Old 09-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #54
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Cali Grill is supposed to be great. I'm sure you'll have a good time.
Which kid's club are you going to use for your night out?

Feel better!!1
No kids clubs for us; Lexi's too young (not potty trained!) and it'll be the kids' bedtime when we go out. In room babysitting all the way!

I pulled up all the signature restaurants and gave Jose a voice in picking which place we wanted to try. Cali Grill was the winner!
Old 09-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #55
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Oh no.

I knew it was bound to happen, but I'm kind of surprised at the outcome.

Ladies and gentle-readers, I give to you, a potential resort change.

I need advice, and I need it NOW. Because if I do this change I'll be making it quickly, if there are any rooms available at all.

I'm thinking about changing to Pop Century.

The decor would still be awe-inspiring for the kids, but from what I understand the resort itself is just all around better, from transportation to dining.

Yes? No?

I'm leaning toward yes...
Old 09-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #56
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
Oh no.

I knew it was bound to happen, but I'm kind of surprised at the outcome.

Ladies and gentle-readers, I give to you, a potential resort change.

I need advice, and I need it NOW. Because if I do this change I'll be making it quickly, if there are any rooms available at all.

I'm thinking about changing to Pop Century.

The decor would still be awe-inspiring for the kids, but from what I understand the resort itself is just all around better, from transportation to dining.

Yes? No?

I'm leaning toward yes...
I say change. Iam really looking forward to staying there.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #57
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I say change. Iam really looking forward to staying there.
Oh you are SO feeding into my sub conscious...
Old 09-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #58
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes? No?
I'd say change if you can...simply because of the whole not-sharing-buses thing!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #59
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
I'd say change if you can...simply because of the whole not-sharing-buses thing!
That's what I was thinking too... granted we will have our own car this time, but still... we won't be utilizing it all the time...

My husband is going to kill me.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #60
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's what I was thinking too... granted we will have our own car this time, but still... we won't be utilizing it all the time...

My husband is going to kill me.
Oh crap, that's right. You'll have your car!

Have you checked availability yet? Why doesnt DH want to change?

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: