Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #31
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
YAY!!! I'm here and ready to hear more and more about your plans!!! I'm doing fall this year and I'm so looking forward to Christmas at Disney in 2011...I will have quite a bit of time between trips from January 2010 until Nov 2011. I'm very excited to hear all about your November trip as I plan to take one in the future!!!! YAY!!!

Great start loving your plans so far!!
Hurray! I can't wait to hear about your fall trip too! (Every trip is a good trip!)
Old 09-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #32
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Hope Kyle's feeling okay. I love your new goodies for the trip. It looks like you've got some great places to try on your list.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #33
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Hope Kyle's feeling okay. I love your new goodies for the trip. It looks like you've got some great places to try on your list.
I'm excited about the list; I thought about wandering further off the beaten path but I'm still such a newbie at knowing where everything is on the resort, keeping to the monorail line seemed to be easiest!

Kyle is way sick. It's the swine flu for sure. His temp was 102.2 this morning, but is controlled by over the counter meds. He's drinking cold fluids like it's going out of style, so as long as he keeps that up and doesn't get lethargic or dehydrated I won't worry. The virus mutates so fast that it's impossible for a doctor to do anything for the flu itself; all we can do is treat the symptoms.

It IS weird to see my ADHD teenager laid up in bed for days though. That is SO out of character for him.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #34
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

I'm here! Great PTR so far.

The DDP is so totally worth it for only $200 total more. You'll love it and you did score some great ressies, esp since the 90 day mark passed -- le Cellier, O'hana -- woo Hoo!!

Add me to the list of "I can't believe your 14 yo doesn't want to go to Disney!" I wonder if he'll sing a different tune after a few days...oh well, like you said, it'll be good for him to get away from the girls and be on his own for a bit.

And it's not like you're never going back again, right??
Old 09-10-2009, 05:58 AM   #35
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Finally made it over, and am loving what I'm seeing so far!

Like others have said you really scored some great ADRs!!

I can totally relate to Kyle's 'tude. I have an 18 yr. son that went with us last time. Two whole days he opted to stay back at the Fort just to chill and swim. Boys just really need some space when they get older, I guess.

Your girls will really like ASMo, and if it keeps Jose happy, then that's definitely the route to take. Keep them happy, I say; do nothing to jeopardize any future forays onto Disney property!

Tea sounds fabulous! So girlie- yet, I hear many, many men enjoy the elegance of it as well.

WOW! You are from Nashville?? Where were you last April when we had our meet at Opryland Mall??!! My whole fam. lives in BGreen, KY, we could meet next Sept. before our trip, if you're up for it!!! I'll have to PM you!! That would be an awesome start to my trip!!

Last year, it took us 12 hours, in a whole bunch of driving rain, to get from Knoxville to Orlando. We were told it'd take 8- WHAT.A.JOKE! Not in a million years!

Okay, enough for now. Keep your updates coming!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:17 AM   #36
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I'm here! Great PTR so far.

The DDP is so totally worth it for only $200 total more. You'll love it and you did score some great ressies, esp since the 90 day mark passed -- le Cellier, O'hana -- woo Hoo!!

Add me to the list of "I can't believe your 14 yo doesn't want to go to Disney!" I wonder if he'll sing a different tune after a few days...oh well, like you said, it'll be good for him to get away from the girls and be on his own for a bit.

And it's not like you're never going back again, right??
Hello and hurray! lol I'm kind of shocked that we got some of the ressies we did; Le Cellier is and Tusker house are lunches, but we got everything else as dinners. I'm just looking forward to sitting down at a guaranteed time every day, rather than fighting through QS lines and searching for tables. Oh joy...

I know, I know... Kyle had a good time in January to be sure, but I think most of it was to make me happy. He is such a mama's boy, he'd do anything I asked him to. Even take pictures with princesses and teddy bears. He'll have a better time having the living room to himself to watch science fiction movies, staying up as late as he wants and eating junk food for a week straight. Oh to be a teen. lol

And we are definitely going back again! I think when we do go back I may look into renting DVC points since there are so many of us; having four kids kind of limits your choices without breaking the bank before you even get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Finally made it over, and am loving what I'm seeing so far!

Like others have said you really scored some great ADRs!!

I can totally relate to Kyle's 'tude. I have an 18 yr. son that went with us last time. Two whole days he opted to stay back at the Fort just to chill and swim. Boys just really need some space when they get older, I guess.

Your girls will really like ASMo, and if it keeps Jose happy, then that's definitely the route to take. Keep them happy, I say; do nothing to jeopardize any future forays onto Disney property!

Tea sounds fabulous! So girlie- yet, I hear many, many men enjoy the elegance of it as well.

WOW! You are from Nashville?? Where were you last April when we had our meet at Opryland Mall??!! My whole fam. lives in BGreen, KY, we could meet next Sept. before our trip, if you're up for it!!! I'll have to PM you!! That would be an awesome start to my trip!!

Last year, it took us 12 hours, in a whole bunch of driving rain, to get from Knoxville to Orlando. We were told it'd take 8- WHAT.A.JOKE! Not in a million years!

Okay, enough for now. Keep your updates coming!
Well hello and hurray to you, too! Thank you!

You feel my teenage angst, eh? Yeah, he'd rather just hang out at home this time around, but hopefully he'll at least want to come along for the ride next time.

And you're right about ASMo... I was just meh about the choice but I'm ultimately happy my DH wants to go at all! I mentioned the trip in passing and the next thing I know he's pricing it out! Can't beat that.

I was here in April, but I didn't know about the meet! Dang! I may be up your way before next September; my Dad really really really wants to see the Corvette factory and we keep putting it off; I've been here since 2005 and I've never been to Kentucky!

We were in Knoxville last May to go to Dollywood; that was the year the mountains killed my transmission!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #37
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

re: DVC -- I'm a believer!!

We just bought into DVC a few years ago and it has TOTALLY transformed the way we do Disney, how often we go, how much we enjoy it, etc.

I'd definitely look into renting points.

We were lucky...my DH switch jobs and had to liquidate his stock in the old company...we decided to purchase DVC with it -- best decision we ever made and it came right before the market crashed -- so it was a smart financial decision too!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #38
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

You seriously did luck out by cashing out when you did! Man... We just took our first trip to the World this past January, and my husband is now hooked. DVC is totally on our short list of 'to do' items for the near future!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #39
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

First and foremost, thank you all for asking about Kyle. He's holding steady with a temp of about 100.8 under medication... don't ask what it is when he wakes up in the morning after a night without medication.

Anastasia woke me up at 5:20 this morning to tell me her 'neck hurt'. Yep, she's got a sore throat. UGH. At least it looks like we'll get the swine flu out of the way before this winter, and better yet before our trip in November! I would be a nervous wreck worrying about it the whole time, and now at least they'll have immunity against the virus and can enjoy themselves. (Not that I won't be traveling with handi wipes, antibacterial gel, Lysol spray...)

But everyone's in bed now, lulled to sleep in a Nyquil haze so I can finally jump online long enough to tell you we got our MVMCP tickets today!

It's finally feeling real, friends... cause you know it doesn't feel that way till you start getting Disney mail, and here it is!

By the by, today is 65 days till Disney!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #40
Marshay

Love those tickets!! I'd definitely use them in my scrapbook!!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #41
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Love those tickets!! I'd definitely use them in my scrapbook!!
They're awesome, right? I thought they might just be cardboard or something but they're like the KTTW cards. Now I have to stash them away with Kyle's tickets to the Paramore concert so no one can find them!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:03 AM   #42
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Actually, I don't even live in the US! Sorry for the confusion! I live in Central Asia, but will be moving back in about 2 years. We'll probably end up in Oregon, but my whole family lives in KY. Both of my older kids want to go to university there, so I'm sure I"ll be visiting Bowling Green often. Which, in fact, get me closer to WDW!

Congrats on your Mickey Mail- love those tickets!!

Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #43
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Actually, I don't even live in the US! Sorry for the confusion! I live in Central Asia, but will be moving back in about 2 years. We'll probably end up in Oregon, but my whole family lives in KY. Both of my older kids want to go to university there, so I'm sure I"ll be visiting Bowling Green often. Which, in fact, get me closer to WDW!

Congrats on your Mickey Mail- love those tickets!!
Well heck! I lived in Oregon for about 7 years; beautiful country! (And I miss the lack of humidity!)

Hopefully we'll be able to meet at some point then... because I doubt I'll be in Central Asia anytime soon. lol
Old 09-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #44
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Today is my only son's fourteenth birthday, and his birthday present is to not have a fever for the first time in five days! His temp was 99.7 which, after temps of 101 and 102 sounds GORGEOUS.

Happy birthday, Kyle-o!

(That being said, I woke up with a sore throat and Stasia has a temp of 101.6... Ugh.)
Old 09-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #45
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Joining in our your PTR FUN!!! How exciting to surprise the kids!!!

So sorry you guys are getting the swine flu, I hope the next week goes by quickly for you! I am glad to hear that Kyle is getting over it though!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLE

I love all of purchases, I can't wait until my trip gets a little closer. I LOVE Disney Shopping!!!!!!

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: