Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #16
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
You are my o-fficial first PTR reader! (insert fireworks here)

Last time we just did quick service, with one exception. It was fun because we were so busy running back and forth through the parks and nobody really wanted to stop at the same time to eat. But this time we feel like we have a better grasp on what we want to see and do and how much time it takes to do it all, so regular dining with at least one table service a day will be perfect!

I can't get over Kyle being all independent and stuff. Sheesh.
I had originally contemplated the quick service plan when I was still going solo, but I really felt like I needed to have a couple of sit down meals to relax. I think having some sit-down meals will be great for your next trip. I find they really help give you a nice break from the park craziness.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 09-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #17
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

That is exactly what we're hoping for. I was so hyped up and hurried on that first trip, trying to get everything in that we wanted to do, I ran everyone ragged. I'm hoping to be able to chill out a bit this time around, and I think knowing we have time to stop and smell the roses (and the steaks and the creme brulee!) will help a great deal.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #18
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

I forgot to mention that one of the reasons we're dying to have tea or eat at the Grand Floridian is in hopes that they have the Gingerbread house set up! I have no real idea when Disney goes Christmas, but in the latest Disney Destinations email it says their holiday season starts on November 10th. If that's the case then they may have it all decorated up by the time we get there, which means the TR that follows this PTR is going to be as picture heavy if not more so than the one I'm still writing for our January trip! Disney PLUS Christmas? Yes, please!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #19
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

How exciting that you're going back so soon!

Are you okay with Kyle staying home? I'm sure you are, otherwise you wouldn't let him, but wow, girl! Do you think he'll change his mind and want to go???

We're looking at November 2010...I booked November 5-16 or something like that this year and DH nixed it! What a drag!!!

I love reading about your plans.

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #20
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Trixie, we would have had a whole day of overlapping vacation if he hadn't nixed your trip, DANGIT!

And yeah, I'm fine with Kyle staying home; my Dad lives with us, so he's not 'alone' at all, he's just not with me. lol
Old 09-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #21
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Why doesn't Kyle want to go? Did you drop him on his head when he was a baby?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #22
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Why doesn't Kyle want to go? Did you drop him on his head when he was a baby?
It's like I don't know him at ALL! I think he's just entering that phase where he wants some space. Being the only boy with three sisters means there's a lot of give on his part. The idea of being in a bachelor pad for a week sounds really, really good to him. I can dig it. I'm all about giving the kids the chance to make certain decisions on their own, and since he took the family trip with us in January I don't blame him for not wanting to go less than a year later. I don't underSTAND it, but I can dig it.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #23
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Jose and I spent today discussing the surprise portion of our trip. Namely, when and how to surprise the girls. We have a couple of different plans in the works, but all are pretty good. (If I do say so myself!)

Now we're trying to figure out where to stop for the night on the way down and the way back. I know that on the way back I'd like to get as far as Atlanta if it's at all possible, so as to be back in Nashville by 11 in order to return the rental car on time. UNLESS we decide to take Jose's new Honda Civic for a road trip, and then we'd have no time constraints to speak of. (And save a fortune on the 18 mpg minivans!) The only down side would be space. Two car seats and an 11 year old in the back... the little girls would be fine in their car seats, but will Tatiana be squished?! We're thinking of taking a test run to find out. There'd be no trouble with luggage; the trunk in his car is huge!

So the question is, to rent a mini van and have lots of room but less money and more time constraints, or take our own car, save money but have a tighter squeeze...

Decisions, decisions.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #24
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

What about renting a full size car? It should be cheaper than the minivan and have more room for the three girls than the Civic.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #25
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

she's still little, she can squeeze!

Jen's idea is good!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #26
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Yeah, I considered that but we tried the car seat thing out in the back of our Explorer and the room ended up being MORE in the Civic. Bizarre, I know. More leg room in the Explorer but less body space. We're planning on stopping every couple of hours to stretch our legs, and only driving 5 or 6 hours a day, so ultimately it comes down to Tatiana not having to be shoved against the car door by car seats.

We could rent something specifically aimed at back seat space (more of a mid size vehicle) but it will only be a miniscule difference, and then I'll be all irked at how we should have either just driven our own car and pocketed the difference or gone all out and gotten the mini van for the ultimate of room.

Have I mentioned my anxiety disorder? lol
Old 09-06-2009, 05:47 AM   #27
Lizzybear
You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!
I'm the main holiday initiator/planner which is how I like it!

Sounds awesome, i'd love to visit during the Christmas period to see all the decorations... Maybe next trip If I ever get to take my mother again (she has health problems so a transatlantic flight will be tough for her, though hopefully not impossible) i'd love to take her to tea at the GF
DLP Day trip 1992, School trip 1997, Day trip 2000, Magic Circus 2003, Cheyenne 2006, Sequoia Lodge 2007 and Santa Fe 2010. WDW Ramada Resort I-Drive 2002, Sheraton Studio City 2005, POFQ 2007 and CSR 2009. DLR Fairfield Inn 2008.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:04 AM   #28
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybear View Post
Sounds awesome, i'd love to visit during the Christmas period to see all the decorations... Maybe next trip If I ever get to take my mother again (she has health problems so a transatlantic flight will be tough for her, though hopefully not impossible) i'd love to take her to tea at the GF
Hi! I am really excited by the GF tea. I didn't expect my husband to be up for it at all, but I really don't give him enough credit. He's got these girls wrapped around his finger and loves to see them in their element.

I understand about wanting to take your mom on the trip; I lost my mom to cancer in 2007, and will probably get teary if not break down completely during/after the tea. It was something she and I did together at home, and we never were able to visit the World together...
Old 09-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #29
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

YAY!!! I'm here and ready to hear more and more about your plans!!! I'm doing fall this year and I'm so looking forward to Christmas at Disney in 2011...I will have quite a bit of time between trips from January 2010 until Nov 2011. I'm very excited to hear all about your November trip as I plan to take one in the future!!!! YAY!!!

Great start loving your plans so far!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 09-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #30
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Another day and first purchases!

Well, another day, another change to our trip!

First and foremost, I think Jose is pretty convinced to drive the Honda to FL rather than rent the mini van. Money talks in a trip such as this! So we planned on driving about halfway (which appears to be Macon, GA), stay the night there and then drive on to Disney in the morning. That was until we learned that because we'll need a crib for Lexi, the kind of hotel we'll need will run us the same as another night at Disney. And since we're planning on driving down on a Saturday but not checking in to the hotel till Sunday, that got us to thinking... Drive halfway, spend the night trying to bite our tongues and not spill the beans about where we're actually headed for what equates to a full rack rate at ASMovies, OR... Or we could get up at the crack o' dawn (as we already planned to do), drive at a leisurely yet steady pace with planned stops every couple of hours and make it to Disney by bedtime on Saturday...

Guess which option we decided upon?

Here's our week at a glance!

Nov. 14: Drive to FL. Check in at ASMovies.

Nov. 15: Enjoy the pool and Downtown Disney. Dinner at Raglan Road.

Nov. 16: Epcot. Lunch at Le Cellier.

Nov. 17: Magic Kingdom. Dinner at 'Ohana.

Nov. 18: Epcot. Dinner at Biergarten.

Nov. 19: Animal Kingdom. Lunch at Tusker House. Garden View Lounge for afternoon tea. Dinner during MVMCP at Tony’s Town Square.

Nov. 20: Magic Kingdom. Dinner at The Wave.

Nov. 21: Check out of ASMovies. Possibly visit Epcot. Begin drive leisurely drive home.

Nov. 22: Finish driving home.

I like it!

I made the first few purchases for our trip this weekend too. Wanna see?

First things first. Snacks. Bribery. Munchies.

I bought an enormous bag of lollipops which I'll split for the visit down and the visit back.

Play phones.

The girls have about a bajillion of these all around the house, but new toys are new toys, and once we're in the car with the rest of us and our phones and laptops, they're going to want to mimic us. This is my fingers-crossed solution.

So is this.

Little blackboard type things that don't require chalk or crayons. Excellent.

Then there are these for MVMCP.

The girls won't always wear necklaces and bracelets, but they WILL hold these, which I'll string onto necklaces anyway.

Jose found these; he's such a pushover.

New nightgowns for Stasia and Lexi!

We got these as well; Maybe for tea at GF? We'll see.

And now I'm off to check on Kyle, Mr. I'm Too Grown Up For Disney World. It appears he has the flu. The piggy flu. H1N1. Oh joy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: