Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #136
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
I tell you, I won't mind the rushing so much; Stasia does NOT want to be touched by characters! The faster they come by and let Tatiana and Lexi see them before moving on, the better. Just say no to toddler meltdowns!
Amen, amen, amen to that sista!

Old 09-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #137
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

So we're knee deep in that awkward time of planning where we've made our plans, booked our reservations and are simply waiting for the time to come. So what do I do to fill the time?

SHOP!

First, more Disney Couture to oogle at.

It's a treasure chest ring inspired by Peter Pan! How do I love thee, let me count the ways...

And it opens to reveal jewels...

inside it has an X and says, "Tink was here"!

CUTE, right? I heart it.

I picked up some goodies while I was wandering around Michael's craft store as well.

A note pad for Tatiana; heaven knows she's going to need all the entertainment she can get on that long car trip!

And of course I had to get similar notepads for the little girls; whatever their sister has, they want!

And pens, but of course.

I got these for Tatiana as well; whether she uses them on the trip or not I don't know, but I couldn't pass them up.

The obligatory glow bracelets. These will be a must have for our MVMCP for sure.

And the first of the Christmas knicknacks are showing up in the stores! We're still talking about making gift bags/boxes/stockings for the kids and these things could come in very handy!

We looked at the options the Disney Florists had for in-room celebrations, but they only have the same thing we did in January. Been there, done that. I wish they had a seasonal version, at the very least. Nonetheless I think we'll just bring some things with us and I'll let Jose take the girls to the pool or something one day while I bring out some version of an in room surprise of our own. We'll be at Downtown Disney our first day down there which will give me an opportunity to scout out Disney World themed gifties.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #138
WDW Fan
Mouseketeer

I'm loving this pre-trip Report!!! Your girls are going to be sooo excited when you finally reveal your destination! I loved the outfits that you purchased for the little girls and your long necklace is pretty cool. I can't wait to see what princess dresses you choose for the girls to wear to the princess breakfast! Will your older daughter get dressed up or at least wear a princess crown? This trip is going to be so much fun for your family. I'm sorry your DS won't be going on the trip. It's always hard when one of your kids decide that they don't want to go on a family vacation with you. It happens eventually to everyone. Hurry back with more plans.

Last edited by WDW Fan; 09-28-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #139
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Fan View Post
I'm loving this pre-trip Report!!! Your girls are going to be sooo excited when you finally reveal your destination! I loved the outfits that you purchased for the little girls and your long necklance is pretty cool. I can't wait to see what princess dresses you choose for the girls to wear to the princess breakfast! Will your older daughter get dressed up or at least wear a princess crown? This trip is going to be so much fun for your family. I'm sorry your DS won't be going on the trip. It's always hard when one of your kids decide that they don't want to go on a family vacation with you. It happens eventually to everyone. Hurry back with more plans.
Thank you so much! I doubt Tatiana will get dressed up at all; she'll probably wear a t-shirt or something but that's about the extent of her dress up desires. At almost eleven years old she's kind of past it. Sigh.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #140
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Cute ring!

Old 09-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #141
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

The get free days plan is back!

For anyone who hasn't heard, Disney has released the buy 4 get 3 free plan again! I just got off the phone with Disney reservations calculating what would work for us, but I'm not sure I'm 100% convinced either way. It seems the buy 4 plan is only for moderate resorts and up; we'd have to buy 5 in order to get any discounts at Pop.

Must. Calculate.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #142
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Cute ring!
Thank you!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #143
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Looks like the free dining is going to be our best option once everything is said and done. I even called and looked into upgrading to a Deluxe, but I don't feel like dropping another $1,000 on the trip. Oy!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #144
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I was thinking the same thing. I was really hoping to go next year to celebrate my son's 16th, but the buy 5/get 2 isn't really a bargain for us.

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 09-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #145
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Looks like the free dining is going to be our best option once everything is said and done. I even called and looked into upgrading to a Deluxe, but I don't feel like dropping another $1,000 on the trip. Oy!

Glad you could work out the math and know for sure this is the best deal for you. I think an extra $1,000 is a lot to spend on upgrading myself. I know what you mean, "Oy!".

Old 10-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #146
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I was really hoping to go next year to celebrate my son's 16th, but the buy 5/get 2 isn't really a bargain for us.

Denise
I'm so bummed about that too; I guess it's really only a bargain if you get no other pin codes or packages or if you're staying at a Deluxe resort. (I wish!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Glad you could work out the math and know for sure this is the best deal for you. I think an extra $1,000 is a lot to spend on upgrading myself. I know what you mean, "Oy!".
Yeah, I just couldn't qualify if this time around, especially since we've already been to the parks twice this year. Free dining it is!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #147
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Woohoo! I just got off the phone with my husband and we're going to see the new Celebration Disney On Ice tonight! The company he works for is a sponsor for our local hockey team which is of course where the show is; they give out free tickets each time it comes to town. He wrangled up some so we can surprise the girls! This PTR is just surprise central, isn't it?!

It's a great omen... we went to Disney On Ice last year just before our trip as well; we had so much fun! I've got a ton to do before now and tonight but I'll post pictures from the show as soon as I can!

Old 10-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #148
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Love all the Disney stuff you got!!

That treasure box ring is sooooo cute!!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #149
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Woohoo! I just got off the phone with my husband and we're going to see the new Celebration Disney On Ice tonight! The company he works for is a sponsor for our local hockey team which is of course where the show is; they give out free tickets each time it comes to town. He wrangled up some so we can surprise the girls! This PTR is just surprise central, isn't it?!

It's a great omen... we went to Disney On Ice last year just before our trip as well; we had so much fun! I've got a ton to do before now and tonight but I'll post pictures from the show as soon as I can!

Yay!!! I was thinking of doing this ...we haven't been to DonI yet. Definitely let us know how it is!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: