Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #76
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Well, yesterday it just "hit" me.... you know that feeling you get when you plan a big vacay and suddenly it's real??? Yup, that was me yesterday. I've been printing off personalized magnets from the DIS, looking into all sorts of things. For the next 5 months I'm going to be impossible to live with!!!

And we decided to keep the cruise a secret from our DD8, Ally. She knows I booked it, but has no idea when. I want to order her the Minnie plush in cruise outfit - anyone know where to get that? We collect the little Minnies - she gets one every time we go to WDW - and now we're starting to pick up the ones from countries in WS. So I'd love to have this to give her as we pull into the port.......

So is anyone else doing the 4 day cruise then 3 days at WDW? As FL residents, we may put together our own package. Not sure yet..... We spend a lot of time down there already - heading down next weekend for a mother/daughter weekend, then there for a long weekend in December to see the lights......
We surpirsed my DD with a cruise in May for her 11th birthday. I purchased a stuffed captain Mickey off ebay and gave that to her the morning of the cruise along with a note from Mickey inviting her on the cruise. It was so exciting, but so very difficult to keep the secret!!!

Tammy

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #77
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

Hi Everyone!

You've been chatty! I've been giddy with excitement for this cruise, even though I just got off the Magic! It really helps ease the pain of the cruise ending by having this one so soon to look forward to!

And...I've talked my sister into coming and some DIS friends! Woo Hoo!

As I posted earlier, I don't know if my kids will be able to make it due to school, that would be a shame, given the Kids Sail Free special. Looks like the lower categories of this cruise filled up quickly!

I'll get a new ticker as soon as the Magic has fully departed CC below!
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2009, 10:57 PM   #78
breakingd_awn
DIS Veteran

Just got done printing a bunch of magnets on both cardstock and magnet paper.They turned out great, although the laminator I just bought yesterday broke after 9 laminations. I'll be returning it tomorrow. We planned on flying in on Saturday and spending the night at Country Inn and Suites. After the cruise were going home the girls have to go back to school and our shih-tzu MAGGIE and terroranian coconut will probably be thinking we've abandoned them.
2011 "DREAMin" for 5 days
2010 Our first "WONDERful" cruise
Shipmates:MeDH
DD(18)DD(16)
DD(11)DD(5)

breakingd_awn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #79
FLAngie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atm55 View Post
dthogue - can you tell us about your bad experience with stingrays? Don't see much point in this excursion if it's going to be a scary one!

FLAngie - what are APs?

Karajeboo - how I do envy the FL residents - I'm from Chicago so this trip is quite pricey for me. Can't imagine how people can afford to do it as often as I see on this site.

AP's are annual passes. We get the Florida Resident one so I don't know how much the regular ones are or where the break even point is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingd_awn View Post
Just got done printing a bunch of magnets on both cardstock and magnet paper.They turned out great, although the laminator I just bought yesterday broke after 9 laminations. I'll be returning it tomorrow. We planned on flying in on Saturday and spending the night at Country Inn and Suites. After the cruise were going home the girls have to go back to school and our shih-tzu MAGGIE and terroranian coconut will probably be thinking we've abandoned them.
We have a Shih Tzu too. I have a Xyron laminator and I have been really happy with it. Unfortunatly it is the small one and will only laminate things 5.5 inches or less.

DH DD12 DD10

Offical Member of the LMT Losers' Club... Uu
FLAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #80
atm55
Mouseketeer

$150 is pricey for the value resorts. We did them in May 09 and they were about $83 per night plus free table service dining and a preferred room. We are not going to venture over to WDW on this trip. Too expensive for a day. We are flying in on Saturday, and will take advantage of a hotel in Orlando and relax by the pool and dinner and on Sunday we'll free shuttle back to the airport for the Disney transportation. It's just me and my granddaughter so don't want the responsibiltiy of renting a car and driving or the hassle of trying to figure out other transportation.
atm55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #81
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
$150 is pricey for the value resorts. We did them in May 09 and they were about $83 per night plus free table service dining and a preferred room. We are not going to venture over to WDW on this trip. Too expensive for a day. We are flying in on Saturday, and will take advantage of a hotel in Orlando and relax by the pool and dinner and on Sunday we'll free shuttle back to the airport for the Disney transportation. It's just me and my granddaughter so don't want the responsibiltiy of renting a car and driving or the hassle of trying to figure out other transportation.
I have always booked room only through WDW but just the other day I checked out expedia.... holy cow!!! Let's just say I booked a value room for one night 3 weeks ago..... $68 on Expedia, $83 on WDW. Then for my upcoming trip next weekend, values were going for $99 on WDW, so I checked Expedia and got the Dolphin for $99!!!! Plus a $50 off coupon for stays of 2 nights or longer. So instead of just staying SAturday night, we're heading down Friday after school.

Also, on Expedia, I noticed Poly for $240 and Contemp for $179 (yes,$179!!!!) among other good deals. It's worth a look if you're not doing the dining plan....... With our FL season pass, we also got the TIW card, so we don't do the dining plan anyway, so it's easy to do room only through Expedia. The only problem is calling in to make ADRs, Disney can NEVER find me in the system, and it takes forever to make ADRs.

Somebody asked about the break even point for season passes? I've figured it's about 5 days for us with the season passes. I'm not sure how much the annual passes are for non-FL residents, but I think quite a bit more. So probably about 8-10 days would be the break even? Just a guess.....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #82
karajeboo

Quote:
Karajeboo - how I do envy the FL residents - I'm from Chicago so this trip is quite pricey for me. Can't imagine how people can afford to do it as often as I see on this site.
The passes are a bit pricey the first time, then renewals are a bit less. But we are close enough that we can drive down for a day if we want to..... Usually though we spend one night, and we've been so fortunate with great rates. We go during off times, so the rates are less, and I really take advantage of any "deals" that Disney publishes, plus I always ask about other "secret" deals when I call in.

There is talk of my husband getting transferred out of state and I've already added my one stipulation for moving...... 2 trips a year to Disney (one week long family trip, and one long weekend). Jeff even agrees with this......

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:49 AM   #83
breakingd_awn
DIS Veteran

Has anyone ever shipped anything to the ship before you cruised? I'm thinking of shipping my FE gifts so I don't have to pack them. Can you even do that.
DD(18)DD(16)
DD(11)DD(5)

Old 09-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #84
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

FE Participants - I still need email addresses from EEYORE77 and JWORKKUL - please send me a email at dthogue5@verizon.net.

Welcome to our new cruisers - if you are interested in joining our Fish Extender exchange please send me an email with the names of the adults in your cabin and the name and ages of the children in your cabin as well as your cabin number.

Thanks,
Tammy

Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #85
soleilmagie
I know that disease, I've got the ''Jack, come back!'' version of it
Part of Year of a Million Tags

Hi everyone!

This cruise sure has filled up! When we first booked this cruise, there was no thread yet, and now there are six pages!

I haven't been on the boards for a while, so I just found out this week about the Kids go free special. So we switched our cat.11 for a cat. 6 for less than 200$ more.

This will be our 4th cruise. There will be me, DBF, DS7 and DD5.

We don't know if we'll go on excursions since this will be our 3rd time in Nassau.

As for staying before or after the cruise, we'll see when are the cheapest flights first...

(To atm55: you can't post images or a ticker yet because you need to reach a certain number of posts before you can do so.)

02/1985 - WDW
06/1997 - WDW/All-Star Sports
01/2005 - Disney Magic 4 nights + All-Star Movies
01/2007 - WDW/All-Star Music + Disney Magic 7 nights Eastern
02/2008 - Disney Wonder 4 nights + MK/All-Star Music
02/2010 - Disney Wonder 4 nights + WDW/All-Star Sports
06/2011 - WDW/All-Star Music

soleilmagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #86
breakingd_awn
DIS Veteran

Hello and welcome back
DD(18)DD(16)
DD(11)DD(5)

Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #87
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

Hello all sorry I have been missing for a while. Work has been crazy busy and I had to start working on the big trip that we are planning for 2011. That's right I said 2011! LOL!!! Me and my husband will be going on the first Alaska cruise with our friends from NJ. Anyway back to this cruise. I am so ready to get back on the Wonder again. Plus spending my 33rd Birthday on there will be a huge plus. We will be staying at AKL in the Club level rooms for DVC after the cruise so it is going to be a fabulous Birthday.

I sent my email today with my address for the FE exchange. I can't wait.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #88
karajeboo

Eeyore77 - I just stayed club level at AKL in May - F A B U L O U S!!!!! Loved it!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #89
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

We rented DVC points from a friend and stayed at AKL before our last cruise. It was so nice!

5/05 Pop, 12/06 POFQ, 9/07 Pop, 9/08 All Star Movies, 4/09 CBR/AKV/Disney Wonder, 12/11 Pop, 11/13 All Star Music, 11/14 CSR
momto2inKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #90
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleilmagie View Post
Hi everyone!

This cruise sure has filled up! When we first booked this cruise, there was no thread yet, and now there are six pages!

I haven't been on the boards for a while, so I just found out this week about the Kids go free special. So we switched our cat.11 for a cat. 6 for less than 200$ more.

This will be our 4th cruise. There will be me, DBF, DS7 and DD5.

We don't know if we'll go on excursions since this will be our 3rd time in Nassau.

As for staying before or after the cruise, we'll see when are the cheapest flights first...

(To atm55: you can't post images or a ticker yet because you need to reach a certain number of posts before you can do so.)
Welcome!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: