Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should I indulge in the desserts while pregnant this trip?
Yes, Your in WDW enjoy it is only a little weight you'll lose it later 54 49.09%
Sure, But but don't finish every dessert you get and have some fruit desserts too 52 47.27%
No, only have fruit and maybe a mickey bar or two 3 2.73%
Other, I'm not sure or just wanted to see the poll results 1 0.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Should I indulge or not this trip

Should I induge in the desserts this year or not? Would you or had you?

DH and I are going down to WDW again this year with the free dining plan. Last year I indulged in the desserts and treats. I left 4 pounds heavier. DH left 8lbs heavier. Well this year I'll be 15 weeks pregnant and was wondering if I should indulge again and just enjoy the extra pregnancy weight I'll gain or should I skip the desserts?

Little info on me.
I lost over 100lbs right before I got pregnant. So of course I'm weight minded making sure I'm gaining the right amount of weight during the pregnancy.
I was 143lbs before I got pregnant and am currently 149lbs gaining as I should.

So should I worry about the extra weight I may put on during our week stay?

Please note before posting.
Looking for some light hearted advice. Just a little fun poll before we leave on our trip. Please don't say consult my doctor and critize me on eating desserts or not. I know there are some out there that will. I'm a healthy young lady without any problems with my pregnacey and being monitered by a doctor. So happy voting.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104(Mother & Son Trip)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip), 2013
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

Last edited by ArielRae; 08-31-2009 at 01:06 PM.
ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

Belly up to the (dessert) bar! I gained 8 pounds last year and I wasn't pregnant! It's vacation....enjoy!
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Tigger-Lover
Mouseketeer

Eat, drink (water) and be merry!!! WDW isn't a monthly trip, so have fun!
Tigger-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
lovely1m
Earning My Ears

I picked the second one. IMO, you should always live that way, if you deny yourself things you want it will only cause you to over indulge later. Get the desserts, but don't finish one for every meal and occasionally get something fruity! That's my plan even though I am currently dieting. I will eat what I want, but I will make sure to not over do it. Good luck! And have fun with your pregnancy!

WDW - '98, '02, '03
Disney Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Carribean planned for January '14
lovely1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:36 PM   #5
Keri
Mouseketeer

Enjoy yourself, eat what sounds good, and have fun At some point, you won't want to eat anything else. At some point, you will get full really quickly. I don't know -- I didn't worry about what I ate, eating while pregnant was enough of a challenge for me anyway!!

Have a blast! I was 17 weeks 2 years ago & it was the PERFECT time to go -- no longer sick, but not huge & uncomfortable either. Drink LOTS of water though -- I learned my lesson there after day 1 & feeling really icky midway through the day.
TOKYO Disney Oct 21-22, 2014
Keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keri View Post
Enjoy yourself, eat what sounds good, and have fun At some point, you won't want to eat anything else. At some point, you will get full really quickly. I don't know -- I didn't worry about what I ate, eating while pregnant was enough of a challenge for me anyway!!

Have a blast! I was 17 weeks 2 years ago & it was the PERFECT time to go -- no longer sick, but not huge & uncomfortable either. Drink LOTS of water though -- I learned my lesson there after day 1 & feeling really icky midway through the day.
So did you find you gained more weight during your trip cause you were pregnant or did you gain the same as you would have anyways.
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104(Mother & Son Trip)
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011

Old 08-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #7
4EvrSoarin
Mouseketeer

I was under the impression that the whole point of dieting was to go to WDW and put some of it back on. It's a vicious cycle
4EvrSoarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
PinkPrincess4Ever
Mouseketeer

with weight a past ussue for you yes be mindful but have some and enjoy. Seeing you lost the weight before you must have control..so use it is all. Have some desert just dont eat it all to eat it. Remeber you will be walking alot that should help. The fat cells from the weight you lost NEVER go away and will come back very fast. so I say enjoy but control your portions and have a great time
PinkPrincess4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:30 PM   #9
mkleinbe
DIS Veteran

I say live it up girl! You don't want your baby's first trip to WDW to be boring do you?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #10
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkleinbe View Post
I say live it up girl! You don't want your baby's first trip to WDW to be boring do you?
LOL Thanks! This really made me smile.
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011

Old 08-31-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

My friend had a number of the "no sugar added" desserts and she enjoyed them very much (no sugar added doesn't mean no sugar, it just uses naturally occuring sugar mainly from fruits).

Indulge some.

Make sure to drink lots of fluids and try to have some protein at breakfast (well, actually at every meal) that can help balance out your blood sugar.
PrincessTrisha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

eat all the deserts you want BUT only eat half of what you are served, and this goes for the entree also. Restaurant serving sizes are waaaay too big.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:12 PM   #13
Elmo888
"Cake is a sometimes food. Cake is a sometimes food." - Linda Flynn Fletcher

I picked option number 2. I agree with the "don't deny yourself" philosophy. Option 2 is kind of what I do. I completely skip the desserts at CS meals - ask for fruit instead. Usually, the fruit is packaged so you can just throw it into a bag and snack on it later. I would just rather spend the calories on the better desserts at the TS restaurants. The CS desserts just aren't great.

If you want a sweet snack, like a Mickey bar, go for it. Just think about when you are full - maybe just eat half of it or share with DH. You might find that you are perfectly satisfied. And if you want a Mickey bar for breakfast, skip the breakfast and just have the Mickey bar. Again, you are just saving calories for what you want. Why make yourself eat a healthy meal just so you can justify having dessert and end up overeating? This isn't something I do all the time (nutrition might become an issue!), but for the occasional treat or one week of vacation, it keeps one from overeating.

Have a great trip and enjoy yourself!
1/07 Wilderness Lodge - First time with DDs and our 10th Anniversary
1/01 Port Orleans
1/97 Wilderness Lodge - Honeymoon
3/90 Treehouse Villas
3/86 Contemporary Resort
'74 - '76 Contemporary Resort/Offsite/Too young to remember details
Elmo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
Keri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
So did you find you gained more weight during your trip cause you were pregnant or did you gain the same as you would have anyways.
Nope, but I was one of those people who had to eat ice cream to gain weight when I was pregnant -- I lost weight everywhere except my belly & gained less than 20 lbs every time. I don't think I gained while I was there last year either, that was in the middle of the time my body decided to let go of the baby weight & it didn't seem to matter what I was eating -- plus, we did SO much walking & I had a 18 lb 7 month old strapped to my chest for most of it

But really, I was able to eat the best I could the whole pregnancy at Disney, but I didn't gain weight there. This was back in the days of apps AND dessert and I remember walking away from Coral Reef SOOOOO stuffed full -- I didn't eat that much after that. If I could, I saved dessert for later (like, CS meals at the resort I got an ice cream bar & stuck it in the ice bucket for later). Generally, I just did was I could to get full but not overfull, because if I did, I paid for it later by feeling gross.
TOKYO Disney Oct 21-22, 2014
Keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:35 PM   #15
reducereuserecycle
Mouseketeer

i like the idea of eating more fruits at CS and then induging in the better desserts at TS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: