Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
ibedancin824
Mouseketeer

Got Sick, Rode Segways and Celebrated a Birthday all in 6 nights!!Update 10/8 Dhs!

Hey everyone I decided to start my first trip report! First let me introduce the cast....

Me (Nicole)- I am 22 and currently work as a teller at a bank.... I have a degree to teach math 7-12 but thanks to the economy I can't get a job I put in like 5 applications this weekend to get a permanent substituting position so hopefully that will come through for me!

Scott- is my wonderful bf! He is 23 and a fireman in the FDNY.

This is us before my college graduation!

Bryan- 19 is my brother. Basically I begged him and his girlfriend to go with us because I needed someone to ride the rides with (Scott doesn't do roller coasters)

Anna- 17 is Bryans friend (there are not dating anymore which caused a few problems to say the least before we left)

Bry n Anna

On to the trip......
I booked us at Pop century from August 19th - August 25th for free dining which turned out to be a godsend!

On Wed. Aug. 19th we left the house around 8:10am for our 9:50am flight. I was able to get a decent deal for all of us to fly out of our local airport which really made the trip so relaxing. Otherwise, it is about an hr or 1hr 15min ride into the city to fly out JFK. Dad dropped us off and we were off to the southwest curbside check in. There was prob 8 people in line in front of us and Scott was ALREADY complaining about lines I was afraid to even think what was going to happen when we got to the parks!!!! Anyway we got checked in and no one's bag were over weight phewww (I've had that happen and it creates an extremly stressful situation to start your vacation)
By the time we got to the gate found seats and Bryan and Anna went to get breakfast we were ready to board already yayyy Since we were group A we boarded first and were ready to go!

We landed about 15 minutes early and headed straight for Magical Express.

Scott on the monorail thing.....

When we got to the Magical Express line there was bearly anyone there we walked right on line to wait for a bus.... It took about 15 minutes which isn't bad at all but I am not going to lie we were pretty tired and were getting cranky but then a bus for us came

On the ride to Pop it started POURINGGGGG so I was a little worried about trying to check-in and find our room in the rain......

Finally it stopped and we saw this!!!!

Up Next: Did we get the room we requested?? What will we do for the rest of the night?!?!

Last edited by ibedancin824; 10-08-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

You started a TR and didnt tell me?!?! You witch!

Well you know I'm going to read along. I can't wait to hear in more detail how everything went!

I love how Bryan looks exactly like you, except you have long hair
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I wanna join in! We left Disney on the 15th and I am already having withdrawals. If I wasn't doing a trip report and reading lots of others, I'd go insane.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
ibedancin824
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
You started a TR and didnt tell me?!?! You witch!

Well you know I'm going to read along. I can't wait to hear in more detail how everything went!

I love how Bryan looks exactly like you, except you have long hair
Haha i was gonna tell you I started one!!! And im not so sure bry would be thrilled to know he looks like his sister haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I wanna join in! We left Disney on the 15th and I am already having withdrawals. If I wasn't doing a trip report and reading lots of others, I'd go insane.
Heyy thanks for joining in! I have been home a week already and can't believe it I can't remember it like it was yesterday lol
Old 09-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Hey Nicole! Followed you over from my TR so I'm going to join in too.

I'm a teacher too and I hear ya on finding a job. It is SOOOO FRUSTRATING! Good luck in your search...I'll cross my fingers for the both of us that something opens up.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I found you over on Kristen's report, so I'm def joining in!

Old 09-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
ibedancin824
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Hey Nicole! Followed you over from my TR so I'm going to join in too.

I'm a teacher too and I hear ya on finding a job. It is SOOOO FRUSTRATING! Good luck in your search...I'll cross my fingers for the both of us that something opens up.
Heyy thanks for joining! I will pray we both get jobs 2!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
I found you over on Kristen's report, so I'm def joining in!
Hope u like it!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
ibedancin824
Mouseketeer

Ok so when I last left off we had just got dropped off by ME. I had done online check-in so I basically speed walked in the front door (because I was so excited) and no one was online!! I walked right up and in literally under 1 min I was walking away with our keys to the kingdom ANNDDDDDDD the room I requested..... 50's building top floor. We got room number 1472 and it was a greaaattt location. I had decided not to pay for a preferred room because Scott and I don't really mind walking much so I couldn't justify the extra money. It turns out that our room was basically the first closet room to classic hall that isn't preferred Soo we headed out to find our room... first thing we noticed was the smell of wet dog uhhh we then realized that it was the wet woodchips/mulch they should really look into something else to put down cuz that is an awful smell to walk past everyday. Good news is the mulch is the only complaint I have about the hotel for the whole six nights we stayed so that's not so bad! We made it to the room even though I missed a turn and walked around the whole building The room was clean and basically what you would expect from a value resort. Sorry I don't have any pics by the time I thought about it the room looked like a tornado hit it lol. Scott took about 5 seconds to lay down and immediately wanted to know when we could eat.... not surprising..... we headed down to the food court where we then basically stood there like a bunch of idiots because I didn't really know what we were able to eat on the dining plan lol I asked a nice CM and she happily told me what we could get for lunch and dinner and then we were off to pick out our lunches. I'm not gonna go through what everyone ate but I will tell you that it was enjoyed by all and we were very happy that we weren't paying the $55 it cost for lunch We all went back to the room and changed into swimsuits for the pool..... view from our room and our pool (this pic isn't from the first day because as you can see it is closed because of the weather)

Everyone decided they wanted to check out the other two pools so we decided to take a walk around the resort and this is what we saw...

Generation Gap

Gecko

Around 4:15 we decided to head over to magic kingdom before our 8pm ADR at 1900 ParkFare.

Up next: The stupidest first attraction everrrr ....anyone wanna take a guess what it was??? - It wouldn't necessarily been as bad if it wasn't the first thing we did lol
Old 09-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #9
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Fun update! Love the Pop Century pics!

Hmmm, stupidest first attraction ever...I have no idea but you've got me curious.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm glad to see you started your TR! Great job so far! I'm so glad it stopped raining so you could enjoy your first swim at Pop! Um...I'm going to guess that you either rode Stitch's Great Escape, Dumbo, or Jungle Cruise

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 09-05-2009, 01:25 AM   #11
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

OK! I'm just getting back and found your TR! So I'm joining in! So how did you handle the heat? I know you were concerned about that in the PTR??? We were in the 60's section near the Green Yoyo by the kiddie pool! Last year we were in 50's The Hang loose the most building 2 our rooms were 2170 and 2171 I believe they were great as of now I like the 50's alot more than 60's! Next year I'm thinking Im gonna try the 70's! I didn't care for the 60's!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #12
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

The resort pics look really cool! I never realized exactly how the 90s building was set up with the computer right into the pool kind of. I also like the generation gap bridge, its more than I imagined it to be.

I know what you did next because I guessed it at work LOL But I think it wouldnt have been as bad if it wasnt the first attraction you did
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 09-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #13
ibedancin824
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Yay! I'm glad to see you started your TR! Great job so far! I'm so glad it stopped raining so you could enjoy your first swim at Pop! Um...I'm going to guess that you either rode Stitch's Great Escape, Dumbo, or Jungle Cruise
Thanks!! Those are actually not our terrible first attraction haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
OK! I'm just getting back and found your TR! So I'm joining in! So how did you handle the heat? I know you were concerned about that in the PTR??? We were in the 60's section near the Green Yoyo by the kiddie pool! Last year we were in 50's The Hang loose the most building 2 our rooms were 2170 and 2171 I believe they were great as of now I like the 50's alot more than 60's! Next year I'm thinking Im gonna try the 70's! I didn't care for the 60's!
We dealt with the heat is the best I can say! We always got to the park at open and never made it past 3:30 lol after a while the only appealing thought was the pool back at pop haha however it worked out fine for us I just had to get over the fact that I wasn't going to see/do EVERYTHING just this one trip lol. We were in 50's building 1 and we loved it .... we went past the 60's on our walked and there were kids everywhereeeeeeeeeee (obviously i knew there would be at a value) and decided we weren't even going near that pool lol We were really happy with the 50's building and will def stay there again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
The resort pics look really cool! I never realized exactly how the 90s building was set up with the computer right into the pool kind of. I also like the generation gap bridge, its more than I imagined it to be.

I know what you did next because I guessed it at work LOL But I think it wouldnt have been as bad if it wasnt the first attraction you did
Yea the bridge was really nice.... you can even see buildings that they have already built for the legendary years but are still just basically wood buildings
Old 09-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #14
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

I totally loved the 50's last year we were on the left of the jukbox bottom floor 3 doors down like literally 10 footsteps to the pool! And it wasnice over there! This year in the 60's I didn't mind the kids and the lil bit of noise but i paid for a preferred room and we like to swim late at night and they kept closing our pool at 12:00am or 12:30am due to noise because one person kept complaining and there was only really 2xs they could justify the noise one was a group of young young girls like maybe 15 acting stupid even though they knew it was they since someone called they had to close the pool! Then one night it was a group of young boys like maybe 17 yrs old and they were being loud and obnoxious and someone called and complained and they close it again! Same thing every night basically and rightfully they don't have to leave it open but my thing is if your gonna tell me that the bowling pin pool and computer pool are open then get rid of the problem here and keep it open I paid as much money for my room as they did! LOL! That makes me mad because the only reason those type of people want to be there is to be close to everything and then they can't handle a whisper! So next yr I'm definitely not staying in the 60's. So it's either 50's, 70's 80's or
90's for us. I'm glad that you found a way best as possible to handle the heat . I will say it was a little hotter there this year than last year.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #15
ibedancin824
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
I totally loved the 50's last year we were on the left of the jukbox bottom floor 3 doors down like literally 10 footsteps to the pool! And it wasnice over there! This year in the 60's I didn't mind the kids and the lil bit of noise but i paid for a preferred room and we like to swim late at night and they kept closing our pool at 12:00am or 12:30am due to noise because one person kept complaining and there was only really 2xs they could justify the noise one was a group of young young girls like maybe 15 acting stupid even though they knew it was they since someone called they had to close the pool! Then one night it was a group of young boys like maybe 17 yrs old and they were being loud and obnoxious and someone called and complained and they close it again! Same thing every night basically and rightfully they don't have to leave it open but my thing is if your gonna tell me that the bowling pin pool and computer pool are open then get rid of the problem here and keep it open I paid as much money for my room as they did! LOL! That makes me mad because the only reason those type of people want to be there is to be close to everything and then they can't handle a whisper! So next yr I'm definitely not staying in the 60's. So it's either 50's, 70's 80's or
90's for us. I'm glad that you found a way best as possible to handle the heat . I will say it was a little hotter there this year than last year.
Yeaaa I would def try a different section next year.... the bowling pool was really never crowded .. after walking around we were sure that our pool was the best lol 60's section really looked just to crazy for us 70's 80's 90's seemed pretty quiet though!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: