DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
Cajun28
Mouseketeer

Name spelling mistake on reservation?

We have a BWV studio reserved for a friend of ours in November. I just noticed on my reservation confirmation that MS spelled his last name wrong. His last name is Hebert, which is a very common name in this part of the country. MS, along with many other parts of the country, figured we don't know how to spell our own names so they changed it to "Herbert". This happens to him and his wife a lot.

My question is will this create a problem when he checks in? Should I call MS and have the spelling changed. I have read that when calls are made to change something on a ressie, sometimes MS will mess up something else on the ressie, like dates. So if the misspelling will not cause a problem at check-in for them, I'll just leave things alone.

Thanks
Cajun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

I am sure it won't be a problem, but I can't imagine the dates changing on the ressie if you just call to tell them to correct the spelling of his name. His room key will also have his name mispelled.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

For myself, I would change it. As Corinne has noted, his name on the room key will be spelled wrong. If he is planning on using his room key for anything, it might be easier to have his name correct on the room key.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.

funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
Cajun28
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies. My original thought was to have it changed, but have read where some have made changes to ressies (not necessarily name changes), and had other things changed, which caused a hassle. I think I'll call and hope for the best.

Thanks again for the quick answers!
Cajun28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: