Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #121
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd1841 View Post
Thank you - I will check out the DTD ones...LOVE free breakfast!

any chance you have stayed at the Orange Lake Resort?
Not yet. I have so many colleagues that have with their families this summer and just love it. I don't have kids so having huge pools and lots of recreation activities isn't high up on my list of priorities but I hear that resort is awesome and I know that some of the guests on this thread have gotten some great discounts with the F&F rate. Hopefully others will share their experiences.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #122
Kac923
Mouseketeer

Hi Shelby! I was hoping to get your okay to use your friends and family discount. We have a wedding to attend in northern NY next month and would like to use your discount at a Holiday Inn Express for one night. It would save us 20 bucks and would be greatly appreciated! I'll wait to hear your okay first.
Thanks so much!
kristi
Kac923 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #123
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kac923 View Post
Hi Shelby! I was hoping to get your okay to use your friends and family discount. We have a wedding to attend in northern NY next month and would like to use your discount at a Holiday Inn Express for one night. It would save us 20 bucks and would be greatly appreciated! I'll wait to hear your okay first.
Thanks so much!
kristi
Not trying to interfere, but Shelby has encouraged anyone who is interested to feel free to use the discount.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #124
4forMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kac923 View Post
Thanks so much!
kristi
The link can be found on page 8, post #113 of this thread.
4forMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #125
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

My code is a link in my signature (next to my name on the bottom) so as long as you find one of my posts, you will always have the code. :D Yes, anyone can use my code anytime and if you want to share it with anyone outside of this board, you can.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #126
Kac923
Mouseketeer

Just booked it! Thanks so much Shelby!
Kac923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #127
greenclan67
Callie35

Hi Shelby, I just used your discount again, my sister and I both! We are headed to downtown Toronto! Staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Lombard!! I hope we get the same kind of service there as we did at the Toronto/Markham Holiday Inn back in August, because they are top notch! Can't beat the price of $86 the first night, and $96 the second for downtown T.O!!! SO thanks again!
We are going to see Rock of Ages, and a leafs game! First time for me to leave the kids behind and be a grown up........ever!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #128
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Hi Shelby, I just used your discount again, my sister and I both! We are headed to downtown Toronto! Staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Lombard!! I hope we get the same kind of service there as we did at the Toronto/Markham Holiday Inn back in August, because they are top notch! Can't beat the price of $86 the first night, and $96 the second for downtown T.O!!! SO thanks again!
We are going to see Rock of Ages, and a leafs game! First time for me to leave the kids behind and be a grown up........ever!
I hope it is an awesome trip for you away from the kids! Sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #129
cpbjgc
Earned My Ears
We cannot lose the kitchen
Who knew I had no pictures of Frontierland?

Hi Shelby,

I was wondering if its ok for people to use your friends and family link still. We are going to be in the Tampa area and I was hoping I might be able to use it.

Thanks!

cpbjgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #130
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbjgc View Post
Hi Shelby,

I was wondering if its ok for people to use your friends and family link still. We are going to be in the Tampa area and I was hoping I might be able to use it.

Thanks!
Absolutely! If anything ever changes, I will definitely post it on this thread but the code is still good.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #131
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert B Puppenstein View Post
Absolutely! If anything ever changes, I will definitely post it on this thread but the code is still good.
Shelby's link has been a great help to us. My daughter is using it next week and will save about $50 for the night. We'll be using it next month on a one bedroom suite - regularly about $130, our rate will be $59. I'm a long time Priority Club member, but these rates are better than the points.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #132
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Just FYI - We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Lake Buena Vista East for a few days during the Marathon. It is a nice hotel, with the free breakfast but if you aren't going to stay up late and get up early, you may run into a problem with neighbor noise. We had some very noisy neighbors - kids playing with remote control cars in the hallways, running down them screaming and parents in the room next door that loved to argue. I let it go for the first couple nights but when I had to get up early for the Marathon around 3 a.m., and every hour of sleep counted, I wasn't having it. The Manager on Duty quickly quieted them down, but the walls seem to be really thin on the second floor - we didn't have the same issue when we stayed on the first floor. Just a heads up!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #133
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Amazing...

Quote:
The discount is not going to end anytime soon. As long as she is still employed under IHG, it will work. :D Just a note, these rates are non-refundable and they take payment up front as soon as you book. Most hotels don't seem to care about the voucher but just bring it in case. Just put her name (which you will see on the front page) on the form. The rates can fluctuate, so if a rate isn't what you thought it would be, keep checking. Oh, and most discounts aren't offered more than 90 days out.

It is a great discount in most places and I use it if the employee rate is not available. The Holiday Inn Downtown Disney is my new favorite!
Shelby,

I just found this thread, and it is amazing! May we still use the discount? I am trying to get down to Disney for the 5k in February, but their resort rates are really high at that time of year.

I found an amazing looking HI with bunk beds on Irlo Bronson! Right now, it's at about $60 night, but I just read on here where you said to try booking on week nights instead.

Is that still true? I can't wait to hear back from you. I'm in Georgia too (currently trying to release cabin fever from all the snow)!

You are a sweetheart for offering this! Thank you so much!
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #134
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcanoli View Post
Shelby,

I just found this thread, and it is amazing! May we still use the discount? I am trying to get down to Disney for the 5k in February, but their resort rates are really high at that time of year.

I found an amazing looking HI with bunk beds on Irlo Bronson! Right now, it's at about $60 night, but I just read on here where you said to try booking on week nights instead.

Is that still true? I can't wait to hear back from you. I'm in Georgia too (currently trying to release cabin fever from all the snow)!

You are a sweetheart for offering this! Thank you so much!
Yes, you can still use the discount! I would just book whenever you are ready and the rate is within your range.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #135
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, you can still use the discount! I would just book whenever you are ready and the rate is within your range.
YOU ROCK! Thank you!

I just shared this thread with two of my girlfriends that are going the same weekend.

We are all trying to get some cheap rooms. You are the best. TY!
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote