Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #91
cuinfl
Earning My Ears

Rupert, thank you for letting us continue to use your discount. I'm totally new to this board and trying to figure this out. We are looking at going to orlando for 2 days in October. We would like to stay at the Orange Lake resort, and the price is right with the discount. Can anyone tell me if the waterpark is included in the price of the tickets or is it separate?

Thanks for all the help on these boards! The internet is an awesome tool!
cuinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #92
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinfl View Post
Rupert, thank you for letting us continue to use your discount. I'm totally new to this board and trying to figure this out. We are looking at going to orlando for 2 days in October. We would like to stay at the Orange Lake resort, and the price is right with the discount. Can anyone tell me if the waterpark is included in the price of the tickets or is it separate?

Thanks for all the help on these boards! The internet is an awesome tool!
I am glad that it is helping so many save money! Just a note, this discount is for any IHG property in the World, not just WDW! . One of my friends just booked a vacation at the Intercontinental Hotel in Fiji! I am so jealous!! As far as your question about the waterpark at Orange Lake, it is included with the resort fee you pay each day.
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #93
cuinfl
Earning My Ears

Thanks again! I just need to get our dates set and then I will book it. This is a huge help and I know our kids will love this!
cuinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #94
valree
Mouseketeer

Thanks for providing your discount, Rupert! I just booked 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney for my October vacation. This is going to be great. I used Debonna's discount last year for the Orange Lake Resort, and that was great too! Thanks again!
valree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #95
greenclan67
Callie35

Hi there, Thank you Shelby for letting us use this discount! I just wanted to let you know, we have returned from our stay the 27th and 28th of August at the Holiday Inn & Suites Toronto-Markham! We couldn't boast more about the service, it was outstanding! We had a little girl that got car sick on our way there! A 6.5 hour car ride, gets her everytime! I mentioned this to the girl working at the front desk, saying that I hoped she felt better for Ontario Place the next day! Next thing you knew, I had crackers for the room and 2 cold gingerale! How kind. We rested for awhile in the room, then we took the girls for a walk, hoping that would help! We stopped to buy some water at the front desk, and the same girl was working, and she said, just take them, if it helps her feel better, she was still a little green around the gills! Then we got back to our room about 2 hours later, there were 4 bowls of chicken noodle soup and crackers sitting there, with a note, saying she hoped my daughter was feeling better soon! I haven't seen that kind of service in a very long time!
The pool was great, and after everyone got feeling better, we had a great stay!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #96
richmo
DIS Veteran

I should add a post trip comment, as well. We used Shelby's friends and family code for the Staybridge Suites in Lake Buena Vista, maybe a half mile behind Crossroads Plaza. If you need a little more space than a hotel room, you can really spread out in the suite (we booked the Trio suite); two bedrooms and a living/kitchen area. Very nice property; good breakfast, friendly staff, etc. Would happily stay there again. Thanks for the code!
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #97
floydfamily4
DIS Veteran

Shelby,
Thanks again for letting us use your code! I just booked a suite outside of SeaWorld San Antonio for homeschool day at much less than the regular rate! We really appreciate it!!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #98
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

This is great info!! I hope to one day stay at Orange Lake, when we can go in warm weather! I'm thinking it might be worth it when we want to do Universal and not just Disney. That resort looks AMAZING and with the FF rate, very affordable. I will definitely keep it in mind.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #99
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

I am so glad that everyone has had a great experience with the discount! For any Disneyland visitors...I just got back from a stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel right by Disneyland. The shuttle to DL was very convenient and the drivers were great, the staff was so friendly and the rooms were so clean and comfy. A nice touch was the washer and dryer on every floor (I am pretty sure). It really is a beautiful hotel and close to a ton of restaurants that you can easily walk to. It was the perfect choice after running the DL Half Marathon. I needed that sleep on a cloud feeling after that! The only downside was parking. The hotel was so popular for functions - weddings, parties, that when we did drive and not utilize the shuttle, we had to walk a bit to and from our car. Not a big problem but just something to be prepared for.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #100
Kac923
Mouseketeer

Smile

Hi Shelby,
I am a regular "lurker" and occasional poster on the disboards. We have a disney cruise booked for next April (yeah!!!) and are still deciding on our land portion of the trip after the cruise. I noticed this thread and your link to your friends and family discount. I would love to use this for a family trip to Albany (NY) in November. Would that be ok? Maybe I should've sent you this in a private message. I think it's great that you are putting this out there but just wanted to make sure you wouldn't mind me using it since you may not recognize my name and since it would be for use in Albany, NY and not Florida. It would be for 2 rooms for 2 nights. Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!
Kristi
Kac923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #101
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kac923 View Post
Hi Shelby,
I am a regular "lurker" and occasional poster on the disboards. We have a disney cruise booked for next April (yeah!!!) and are still deciding on our land portion of the trip after the cruise. I noticed this thread and your link to your friends and family discount. I would love to use this for a family trip to Albany (NY) in November. Would that be ok? Maybe I should've sent you this in a private message. I think it's great that you are putting this out there but just wanted to make sure you wouldn't mind me using it since you may not recognize my name and since it would be for use in Albany, NY and not Florida. It would be for 2 rooms for 2 nights. Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!
Kristi
Anyone can use it. If you love Disney, you are my friend. You can use it anywhere in the World. So, Albany is included. Like I have posted before, please only stay at hotels with the new Holiday Inn logo if you are staying under that or the Express brands. If you have any questions about a specific hotel or hotels, please PM me and I can see how they are doing. The great hotels usually post their quality scores.

Please let me know how the hotels are, as I am always curious and it helps anyone on this thread decide regardless of if they stay in Orlando, Anaheim or Fiji. We can't improve if we don't hear the good, the bad, and the ugly! Feel free to share this discount with anyone you know who is planning a trip. I don't mind at all - as long as they love Disney. If they don't, then no discount for them!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #102
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert B Puppenstein View Post
Like I have posted before, please only stay at hotels with the new Holiday Inn logo if you are staying under that or the Express brands.
Does that mean I should not have used your code at Staybridge Suites? (Just as an aside, I had the voucher with me, but they never asked for it.)
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #103
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo View Post
Does that mean I should not have used your code at Staybridge Suites? (Just as an aside, I had the voucher with me, but they never asked for it.)
You were absolutely okay with using it at Staybridge or any of the other brands in the system. Yes, a lot of hotels don't seem to care about the voucher. Just have one on hand just in case. It was great that you stayed at a Staybridge (one of my favorite brands in the group) and it is okay to use the discount for all IHG brands. The point I was making is that this year, we have been updating the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express brands. There are several hotels that will not stay in the system because they did not meet the criteria. At this point, all hotels should meet the criteria and have the updated signage. If they do not, they have not met the Quality requirements, etc. and will have the old signage until early next year. So, I avoid those hotels because I know that hoops that the ones with the new logo went through and the change has been amazing.

I had too many bad experiences with Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express in the past that I honestly stayed at my first one last August and only because it had been relaunched. Before then, I didn't know what I was going to get so I stayed with our newer brands, like Staybridge Suites or our upscale brands like Crowne Plaza and Intercontinental.

Regardless, I check the quality scores of a hotel before I ever book it. If they aren't doing good quality-wise, something is going on and I don't want to stay there. I am not much different from all of you...I have the same expectations of a stay (if not a bit higher since I know the requirements of each hotel) and want to enjoy my vacations just as much as all of you. I have a direct line to our Quality team and believe me, they will hear about any defects or compliments from each and every one of my stays, along with the General Manager. Same goes if I get input from those of you who used the discount. Your words definitely don't fall on deaf ears...
Old 09-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #104
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anyone can use it. If you love Disney, you are my friend. You can use it anywhere in the World. So, Albany is included. Like I have posted before, please only stay at hotels with the new Holiday Inn logo if you are staying under that or the Express brands. If you have any questions about a specific hotel or hotels, please PM me and I can see how they are doing. The great hotels usually post their quality scores.

Please let me know how the hotels are, as I am always curious and it helps anyone on this thread decide regardless of if they stay in Orlando, Anaheim or Fiji. We can't improve if we don't hear the good, the bad, and the ugly! Feel free to share this discount with anyone you know who is planning a trip. I don't mind at all - as long as they love Disney. If they don't, then no discount for them!
Hi Shelby! Just wondering if you've heard or could possibly check on how the renovations are going over at the Holiday Inn Main Gate Universal Orlando? I have seen one or two reviews since the renovations began and they were positive ones but wanted an insiders opinion . Do they have the new logo that you're speaking of? I think this is so great of you to do for people...allow them to use your discount voucher! Wish the world had more people like you in it! Again, thanks so much!!
Old 09-10-2010, 03:31 AM   #105
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Buena Vista East has a free shuttle to the parks, free breakfast and has rooms with two beds (they take four people) and the employee rate is usually under $40 a night so taking breakfast out of the equation saves some money, having the shuttle is convenient. I didn't know about the Holiday Inn Express Lake Buena Vista but it doesn't seem as nice as the Holiday Inn Express & Suites and that hotel has gone through the relaunch. It was very nice. I don't think any of the deals that Disney has out there are better than the employee rate. Even when they did have the Dining Plan free.
can you tell me which one this is? what street is it on, and do you know if they charge for parking? thanks
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote