Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #76
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
I have a question, but first off, thanks so much for posting this! I had a friend that used to work for choice hotels, and she used to share hers as well, and we were very greatful when travelling with our kids for ringette! So thank you so much!
I am going to Florida in March, and I have been watching and checking on her for Orange Lake, never stayed there but it looks great! I can find other dates that offer the 2 bed villa for like $68 or something. When do you think I will get the price out for March, and can I hold out that long without booking something? Also, does that include the waterpark when you stay there, and can you put in a request for where you would like to be? SO many questions, but again thank you very much!
Special rates aren't available until 90 days out usually. As far as requests, you can make whatever requests you would like to at any hotel, just prioritize the most important things (most critical in the hotel industry would be things like smoking preference, accessible rooms, ground floor, etc.) first and keep requests pretty short. I have never heard of anyone being treated differently for getting the friends and family rate. I have never stayed at Orange Lake so I am not sure about all their facilities although I have heard great things. My understanding is that for the waterpark, etc. that is included with the daily resort fee.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #77
greenclan67
Callie35

Awesome, thanks, you have been a great help! Again appreciate everything!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #78
floydfamily4
DIS Veteran

Thanks Shelby!! We got a GREAT deal for our hotel after our Carnival cruise in 10 days. I really appreciate your help!!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #79
greenclan67
Callie35

HI Shelby, THanks again. I was able to book a weekend getaway in Toronto at Holiday inn and Suites Markham, for $62 to take my kids to Ontario Place! Now I just hope I can find something for Orange Lake for March! Thanks

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #80
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
HI Shelby, THanks again. I was able to book a weekend getaway in Toronto at Holiday inn and Suites Markham, for $62 to take my kids to Ontario Place! Now I just hope I can find something for Orange Lake for March! Thanks
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in March! But, I have a feeling you won't have any issues...March was pretty slow when I was at WDW this year. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Markham is pretty new - not even two years old so I am sure you will enjoy it. So glad you got such a great deal. It isn't much higher than the employee rate!

For anyone that does book, please let me know how your stay went. We can only improve if we know how our hotels are, and if they are great that is nice too! In this business, we hear more complaints than compliments and you have no idea how a simple compliment can make a hotel staff's day!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #81
richmo
DIS Veteran

Shelby, Do you know when the Friends and Family rate closes? I'm guessing about a week out.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #82
kaytieedid
Mouseketeer

nevermind - answered my own question

Last edited by kaytieedid; 08-09-2010 at 11:06 AM. Reason: removed question of whose name we put in form
kaytieedid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #83
Jen50
Dreamer

Holiday Inn DTD

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney with FF rate of $69.00 per night plus tax and parking(10.00 per day). I booked it about 2 weeks out. Hotel was very nice. Only complaint was the A/C was a little loud. Rooms were spacious and beds comfy. They did not ask for the form but I had it with me anyway. Thank you
Jen50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #84
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmo View Post
Shelby, Do you know when the Friends and Family rate closes? I'm guessing about a week out.
It depends on the property and their availability. If you don't see it offered and any other rates for that matter, then they are probably sold out. I have seen it offered the night before at several properties. If you are ambitious and not seeing it available, you could always call the hotel directly and ask if they are willing to extend it to you - ask for the GM or Front Desk. Can't hurt to try. The worst they can say is No. You would just have to decide if the rate they offer is worth it.

To double check, I just pretended like I was going to Orlando in a couple days for a two night stay...several hotels came up with discounted rates. Sadly, it was just pretend.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #85
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen50 View Post
We just stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney with FF rate of $69.00 per night plus tax and parking(10.00 per day). I booked it about 2 weeks out. Hotel was very nice. Only complaint was the A/C was a little loud. Rooms were spacious and beds comfy. They did not ask for the form but I had it with me anyway. Thank you
You got a better rate than I did when I was there in March!! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the A/C. I will definitely share that with the GM.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #86
lcvb
Mouseketeer

Hi Shelby - I have a question for you that's a little off topic but from reading previous posts I thought you might have some insight. My DH gets the employee rate and for our upcoming stay in early February, I'm trying to decide whether to stay on-site at POP or rent a car and stay at one of the IC hotels available when the 90 day mark comes around. Any thoughts? On our previous visit 2 years ago we stayed at the HIExpress Lake Buena Vista, but I see now that it has changed to a max of 2 per room. Too bad, it was a great hotel.
Thanks for your help. Lisa

lcvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #87
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcvb View Post
Hi Shelby - I have a question for you that's a little off topic but from reading previous posts I thought you might have some insight. My DH gets the employee rate and for our upcoming stay in early February, I'm trying to decide whether to stay on-site at POP or rent a car and stay at one of the IC hotels available when the 90 day mark comes around. Any thoughts? On our previous visit 2 years ago we stayed at the HIExpress Lake Buena Vista, but I see now that it has changed to a max of 2 per room. Too bad, it was a great hotel.
Thanks for your help. Lisa
I guess it all depends on your preferences, if most of what you will do is at Disney or if you will venture out to Universal and how much a rental car will cost. I would imagine there would be deals on that in February since it isn't the busiest time of year. The Holiday Inn Express has changed to a maximum of two per room? There is a Holiday Inn Express & Suites which is closer to the Downtown Disney Resort Area which I know accommodates more than that. We stayed last August and it was very nice. I think it was previously a LaQuinta. To me, if your reasons for staying on property are things like having access to the transportation, etc. it would be more of a value (if you want to save the money - which I sure do) to stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney (they have rooms with two beds so they allow more than 2 people - not sure how big your group is), plus you wouldn't need to rent a car as you have the same access to transportation as staying at POP. It doesn't have the free breakfast, but the restaurant is reasonable and DTD is right across the street.

If you do want to venture out, it may be worth checking out a stay at Orange Lake since they have a lot more room and can accommodate more people and there are more amenities. It would still involve driving to the parks but would still save you some money. My only reason for staying off property is to save money! Can you tell? I am a huge Disney fan but it is expensive and I enjoy the experience more when I don't spend thousands of dollars. Some don't mind that, but it never did make any difference to me where we stayed.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #88
lcvb
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your thoughts. It actually works out cheaper to stay at POP but with the higher cost of food and beverages in the end it may cost more. That's why I can't figure out what to do. We are a family of 4 so we don't need alot of space but I know staying off-site would definitely give us more.

lcvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #89
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcvb View Post
Thanks for your thoughts. It actually works out cheaper to stay at POP but with the higher cost of food and beverages in the end it may cost more. That's why I can't figure out what to do. We are a family of 4 so we don't need alot of space but I know staying off-site would definitely give us more.
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Buena Vista East has a free shuttle to the parks, free breakfast and has rooms with two beds (they take four people) and the employee rate is usually under $40 a night so taking breakfast out of the equation saves some money, having the shuttle is convenient. I didn't know about the Holiday Inn Express Lake Buena Vista but it doesn't seem as nice as the Holiday Inn Express & Suites and that hotel has gone through the relaunch. It was very nice. I don't think any of the deals that Disney has out there are better than the employee rate. Even when they did have the Dining Plan free.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #90
mtblujeans
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for all of the info in this thread! How generous and helpful our DIS friends are!!
mtblujeans is offline   Reply With Quote