Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #46
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

Bumping this up.... with it being summertime, I'm sure people are planning get-aways and would love to save the money.
smileycrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #47
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog View Post
I am embarrased but I must be doing something wrong. When I checked on Orange Lake I get the same pricing as booking directly from them. ( Both offers are for prepaid in full, no refund so I see no difference?)
That just means that the F&F rate is not available. They are just giving you the best rate available. I would keep trying as you get closer. If you are trying to book more than 90 days out, you may run into issues. I can't even get the employee rate usually outside of 90 days...it is just a revenue management thing. If you can get full rates or higher rates, then you want to. Then, you go for the discounted rates. I didn't notice the whole booking during the week being any different than booking on the weekend.
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #48
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Thank you! I bet that is it as I am looking just outside of the 90 day timeframe.
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #49
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran

Wow! This really is a great deal. I've been researching hotels for a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood next summer. Hollywood has some really crummy neighborhoods and it was looking like we'd have to pay a fortune just to feel safe. This offer has a nice-looking Holiday Inn for $50 less per night than the AAA rate on their website. Looks like we'll be able to get a nice hotel and not worry about experiencing too much of Hollywood!
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #50
darrius1st
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrius1st View Post
i notice you get better prices if you book during the week instead of the weekend
Sunday the price for Orange Lake 2bdrm 2bath was $110 per night at river island and today it's $90
darrius1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #51
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrius1st View Post
Sunday the price for Orange Lake 2bdrm 2bath was $110 per night at river island and today it's $90
I think it has more to do with the number of days until arrival moreso than if it is a weekend or not. But, that is a nice change and a great price for a two bedroom. I am curious about staying there, but I like the Holiday Inn DTD and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Buena Vista and didn't know if Orange Lake would be a bit too much space for two people.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #52
erinmomof2
Mouseketeer

This is a great deal. Thank you!
My blog: http://changingplates.blogspot.com/
A blog about changing to a whole foods diet.
erinmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #53
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Bunnies View Post
Wow! This really is a great deal. I've been researching hotels for a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood next summer. Hollywood has some really crummy neighborhoods and it was looking like we'd have to pay a fortune just to feel safe. This offer has a nice-looking Holiday Inn for $50 less per night than the AAA rate on their website. Looks like we'll be able to get a nice hotel and not worry about experiencing too much of Hollywood!
Just wondering which Holiday Inn you're referring to? We're planning a trip to US/IOA Nov. 20th - 27th and are looking at Holiday Inn Main Gate but waiting for their renovations to be completed so that I can try to see more reviews. The reviews I've read so far are not that great.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #54
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv View Post
Just wondering which Holiday Inn you're referring to? We're planning a trip to US/IOA Nov. 20th - 27th and are looking at Holiday Inn Main Gate but waiting for their renovations to be completed so that I can try to see more reviews. The reviews I've read so far are not that great.
Are you talking about the Universal Studios-Hollywood Holiday Inn? That hotel is much improved. They are so much better! Hotels are supposed to be fully relaunched by the end of this year. So, pretty soon you won't have to worry about who isn't relaunched and who isn't. If they have the new logo on the website, they are relaunched.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #55
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert B Puppenstein View Post
Are you talking about the Universal Studios-Hollywood Holiday Inn? That hotel is much improved. They are so much better! Hotels are supposed to be fully relaunched by the end of this year. So, pretty soon you won't have to worry about who isn't relaunched and who isn't. If they have the new logo on the website, they are relaunched.
Thanks! I'm hoping that you're right!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:23 AM   #56
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I'm hoping that you're right!
Of course I am right! Seriously though...I would never recommend a hotel that isn't relaunched or that has great quality scores. I check them out before I choose any hotel. It could be the most beautiful hotel in the world, but if the quality scores suck, then I am not staying there. Even if it was the difference between getting the employee rate or not.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:22 AM   #57
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Quote:
I think it has more to do with the number of days until arrival moreso than if it is a weekend or not. But, that is a nice change and a great price for a two bedroom. I am curious about staying there, but I like the Holiday Inn DTD and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Buena Vista and didn't know if Orange Lake would be a bit too much space for two people.
We are just two people but we love having the space. We have not been to Orange Lake since 2003 but I hear that they have a nice lazy river and I would love to utilize it.

Unfortunately, this year we need to keep the budget tight as I am not working now. If OL doesn't work out, do you have a recommendation for an inexpensive hotel with fridge and microwave, near Universal.

And thank you so much for sharing this!
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #58
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Of course I am right! Seriously though...I would never recommend a hotel that isn't relaunched or that has great quality scores. I check them out before I choose any hotel. It could be the most beautiful hotel in the world, but if the quality scores suck, then I am not staying there. Even if it was the difference between getting the employee rate or not.
I hope you don't mind me asking. I'm looking at the Holiday Inn at 5905Kirkman Road and Holiday Inn Express 5605 Major Blvd. Which one of these two would you choose if you were going to US/IOA? On their website they both say they are right next door to Universal...Kirkman Road location is .50mi and Major Blvd. .25mi

Have you stayed at either of these hotels before?
Old 07-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #59
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog View Post
We are just two people but we love having the space. We have not been to Orange Lake since 2003 but I hear that they have a nice lazy river and I would love to utilize it.

Unfortunately, this year we need to keep the budget tight as I am not working now. If OL doesn't work out, do you have a recommendation for an inexpensive hotel with fridge and microwave, near Universal.

And thank you so much for sharing this!
One of my friends just got back from staying that the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nearest Universal and liked it. The Suites have fridges in them so depending on the rate, it may be worthwhile.

Last edited by Rupert B Puppenstein; 07-21-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Rupert B Puppenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #60
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope you don't mind me asking. I'm looking at the Holiday Inn at 5905Kirkman Road and Holiday Inn Express 5605 Major Blvd. Which one of these two would you choose if you were going to US/IOA? On their website they both say they are right next door to Universal...Kirkman Road location is .50mi and Major Blvd. .25mi

Have you stayed at either of these hotels before?
I haven't stayed at either. But, if I was to choose one, I would go for the one I just recommended above. They are relaunched and I have heard great things.