Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #316
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert B Puppenstein View Post
Yes. But, before you book just double check and see what the regular rate comes up as. If it is similar, or the same, or of course lower, book that because it is eligible for Priority Club points. They never expire so you can add them up as long as you want to and buy things later using them. F&F is not eligible for any points.

I agree. I have sometimes found cheaper rates although most of the time the FF rate is the best, and we've used it a bunch of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sksjasams View Post
Thank you for the discount code, Shelby!

I was looking at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista for a week in mid-Jan. 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. It looks perfect for our family, but even with the code it is way over our budget.

Do you think the prices will come down for this hotel as it gets closer to January, or are those prices typical?

Thank you for any input and advice!
Another suggestion to go along with what Shelby told you. Have you looked at vacationupgrades.com? If you look on this board, lots of people have used him (Ken Price) and gotten great deals at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We've stayed there twice and loved it (although I went through ebay).

I sent some friends there recently. They were able to get a 3BR/3BA for $120 a night and loved the place (and me for recommmending it! ).
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #317
sksjasams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There isn't a set threshold for each hotel like they have with say, my employee rate. You are trying to book pretty far in advance, so just hold out and keep trying. But, keep in mind that two room suites are usually limited in number regardless of the brand or property, so that request may be working against you getting the best deal. Another resort to try looking for availability is the Orange Lake Resort. They have villas with full kitchens from one bedrooms to three. Just look at the regular rates too, there may be better deals booking for points than with the Friends and Family rate. Doesn't make sense, but it happens! Hope that helps!
Thank you for the info, Shelby! I think I will hold out for a while. I do have AAA so I could get that discount for a bit more that FF, but it can be cancelled. We could get by with a one bedroom suite easily, if the bedroom had two queens. That seems to be harder to come by, which is why I was looking at the two bedrooms. I would like to get closer to $120/night at most.

I looked up the Orange Lake Resort...it looks very nice! So does Bonnet Creek (thank you for the suggestion horseshowmom!). But...we never travel, so I really wanted the chance to stay in a hotel, rather than a time share/condo, and the free breakfast is a bonus too.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions or advice! Thank you!!
sksjasams is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #318
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sksjasams View Post
Thank you for the info, Shelby! I think I will hold out for a while. I do have AAA so I could get that discount for a bit more that FF, but it can be cancelled. We could get by with a one bedroom suite easily, if the bedroom had two queens. That seems to be harder to come by, which is why I was looking at the two bedrooms. I would like to get closer to $120/night at most.

I looked up the Orange Lake Resort...it looks very nice! So does Bonnet Creek (thank you for the suggestion horseshowmom!). But...we never travel, so I really wanted the chance to stay in a hotel, rather than a time share/condo, and the free breakfast is a bonus too.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions or advice! Thank you!!
FWIW, I actually love Staybridge Suites and stay in them frequently. They generally have a very good hot breakfast. The 2BR suites also have 2BA which can be very handy, and they are very spacious. That particular property is in a good location too.

If I were you, I would go ahead and make a reservation with my AAA. Keep checking rates regularly (not only on F&F but also on the hotel's website, because they do change from time to time). That way, your room is reserved, but you can cancel it at any point.

The nice thing about Bonnet Creek is that it has transportation to the parks so you don't have to pay to park if you don't want to. Also, it is very much a resort with pools, miniature golf, lazy river, kids' activities, etc. Of course, it doesn't have maid service, but I love having the washer/dryer (makes it easy to pack less). To each their own, of course!
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #319
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post
FWIW, I actually love Staybridge Suites and stay in them frequently. They generally have a very good hot breakfast. The 2BR suites also have 2BA which can be very handy, and they are very spacious. That particular property is in a good location too.

If I were you, I would go ahead and make a reservation with my AAA. Keep checking rates regularly (not only on F&F but also on the hotel's website, because they do change from time to time). That way, your room is reserved, but you can cancel it at any point.

The nice thing about Bonnet Creek is that it has transportation to the parks so you don't have to pay to park if you don't want to. Also, it is very much a resort with pools, miniature golf, lazy river, kids' activities, etc. Of course, it doesn't have maid service, but I love having the washer/dryer (makes it easy to pack less). To each their own, of course!
I love Staybridge Suites as well for the breakfast although I like the Pancake Maker much more with Holiday Inn Express. I don't know why it is so much fun, but it is. That breakfast keeps getting better and better. If a Kitchen isn't necessary, it may be more budget friendly to get adjoining rooms. For IHG, your choice with free breakfast is going to be the Staybridge Suites LBV, or the various Holiday Inn Express properties.

You have a double edged sword booking the AAA rate...they don't have a lot of two bedroom suites, so you book one and maybe that leaves one available or they all sell out. The rate will never get better because there will be no availability. I would try that strategy with room types that have more availability like studios, but I would be prepared to pay for the AAA rate if you do book the two bedroom. Hope that makes sense.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #320
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Weird, I replied to this thread a couple of hours ago and it's not here.

Thanks for posting this and letting us use the discount. I'm booking for FL later this month. What do I put under name on the certificate? Just Shelby?
summerrluvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #321
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
Weird, I replied to this thread a couple of hours ago and it's not here.

Thanks for posting this and letting us use the discount. I'm booking for FL later this month. What do I put under name on the certificate? Just Shelby?
When you click the link to the site for Friends and Family, it says my name right there.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #322
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Quote:
When you click the link to the site for Friends and Family, it says my name right there.
I need new glasses LOL! Thanks!!!
summerrluvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #323
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
I need new glasses LOL! Thanks!!!
No problem.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #324
robinb
DIS Veteran

Hey Shelby! I was searching for info on the Orange Lake Resorts and came across this thread. Thanks so much for your link! I can get a 2-bedroom for only $75 per night .
Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #325
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

Is the discount not avaiable anymore? I checked last week and it worked but this mornong I have been trying but the link is invalid.

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #326
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Hey Shelby! I was searching for info on the Orange Lake Resorts and came across this thread. Thanks so much for your link! I can get a 2-bedroom for only $75 per night .
That is a great deal!

Quote:
Is the discount not avaiable anymore? I checked last week and it worked but this mornong I have been trying but the link is invalid.

Thanks.
It is. I think that the website was having issues...but I updated the link just in case.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #327
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

I just got back from the Marine Corps Marathon and stayed in Rosslyn (Arlington), VA at the Holiday Inn. It is a great hotel with a very helpful staff, free parking and is very close to the Rosslyn Metro station. Just a note though, any hotel in that area is in the flight line for DCA, so although I didn't think the plane noise was horrible, it may be for some. Highly recommend it if you need a location close to the Metro.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #328
dogodisney
DIS Veteran

It is working now. Thank you!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #329
sams3579
Earning My Ears

Thanks
sams3579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #330
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate East this past weekend, and just thought I would share the overall experience so that if people are looking at hotels, they know what to expect.

This one is right across from Celebration, so it is really close to the parks, particularly Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It has been redone and the rooms are pretty nice. They have a lot of Food and Beverage Options and some very close restaurants. So, the location is great. Because I was staying one night, they upgraded me to one of the Family Suites. It has a King Bed and a Bunk Bed. I can see it being very convenient for families. The room had a refrigerator as well, and I can't remember if it had a microwave. It isn't the largest room ever, but if you plan on exploring the parks and just sleeping in the room, that shouldn't be a problem.

The only thing that I didn't like so much was arriving late after the Wine & Dine Half Marathon, the parking was just about entirely full. The hotel was sold out, so it may be an issue. They do have a shuttle to the parks, so a car is not necessary.