Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #181
jerseygirl81
DIS Veteran

Hi Shelby, I've been reading this thread for a long time awaiting an opportunity to use your great discount. I was wondering if you know if all the rooms at the H.I. in downtown disney have balconies, it appears so in the pictures but I don't want to assume it. Have you gone to the pool on any of your stays and if so is it a nice size pool? I also seem to remember there being a hotel surcharge and I'm not sure if there was a fee to park your car or just for valet parking. Thanks for your help and for posting this great discount! Linda
Pop Dec 09
CBR Nov 11
CSR Aug 12
POR Nov 13
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Aug 14
jerseygirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #182
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl81 View Post
Hi Shelby, I've been reading this thread for a long time awaiting an opportunity to use your great discount. I was wondering if you know if all the rooms at the H.I. in downtown disney have balconies, it appears so in the pictures but I don't want to assume it. Have you gone to the pool on any of your stays and if so is it a nice size pool? I also seem to remember there being a hotel surcharge and I'm not sure if there was a fee to park your car or just for valet parking. Thanks for your help and for posting this great discount! Linda
No - they don't all have balconies. I want to say that all of the pool view rooms do. The first time I stayed, I was in the tower and did not have a balcony. But, the second time I had a pool view and balcony. They do not have a resort fee, but parking is $10 a night. They may waive it for Priority Club members so it can't hurt to ask. The worst thing they can say is no, right? For this time of year, I would definitely get a balcony room if I were you. I always go when it is cold! I have visited the pool but haven't jumped in but there were quite a few people swimming! (They had to be from up north because I was freezing ) The pool is fantastic! It is a zero entry pool so it is really shallow on one end which I would imagine is great for kids and deep on the other side for actual swimming. It is a pretty big area with a lot of seating so it really seems so nice.

Hope that helps! Enjoy your trip!
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #183
mandysmom
Mouseketeer

Washington, DC

Any suggestions for an IHG hotel in the Capitol close to the White House? I tried a search on this thread, but couldn't find anything. We need one room (queen beds preferred) for myself, DH, DD15 and DS18. I looked at the Willard...very nice, but couldn't find any info. about parking. I'd appreciate any suggestions/feedback. Thanks!

mandysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #184
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandysmom View Post
Any suggestions for an IHG hotel in the Capitol close to the White House? I tried a search on this thread, but couldn't find anything. We need one room (queen beds preferred) for myself, DH, DD15 and DS18. I looked at the Willard...very nice, but couldn't find any info. about parking. I'd appreciate any suggestions/feedback. Thanks!
The Willard is absolutely fantastic so if it fits your budget, go for it. They only do valet parking - not self parking - although I do believe that there are some independent parking lots nearby where you could self park maybe for a little cheaper if you preferred. The Willard is the only IHG hotel I have stayed at in Washington DC. I absolutely love it! But, I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard close to the Navy Yard a couple years back and it was very close to the metro, the rooms were fantastic and the parking was reasonable. Maybe someone else on this thread has stayed in a Holiday Inn Express nearby?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #185
KimbaLovesDisney
Earning My Ears

Im not seeing a link or a code, am I missing something?
Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #186
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimbaLovesDisney View Post
Im not seeing a link or a code, am I missing something?
Look at Shelby's post directly above yours. Click the Friends and Family Rate link just to the right of 'Shelby'.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:13 PM   #187
mandysmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert B Puppenstein View Post
The Willard is absolutely fantastic so if it fits your budget, go for it. They only do valet parking - not self parking - although I do believe that there are some independent parking lots nearby where you could self park maybe for a little cheaper if you preferred. The Willard is the only IHG hotel I have stayed at in Washington DC. I absolutely love it! But, I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard close to the Navy Yard a couple years back and it was very close to the metro, the rooms were fantastic and the parking was reasonable. Maybe someone else on this thread has stayed in a Holiday Inn Express nearby?
Thanks for the feedback, Shelby! I really want to stay at the Willard. I found out that valet parking is $39.99 a day so I'll need to find a cheaper independent parking lot to make this work.

Last edited by mandysmom; 05-10-2011 at 06:48 PM.
mandysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:27 AM   #188
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandysmom View Post
Thanks for the feedback, Shelby! I really want to stay at the Willard. I found out that valet parking is $39.99 a day so I'll need to find a cheaper independent parking lot to make this work.
I would call the hotel and ask for the concierge. They can assist you on that one. They have budgets too and if anyone knows about finding cheaper parking, the employees do! I hope that everything works out.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #189
katallo
DIS Veteran

Hi Shelby,

I haven't taken advantage of this offer and hope you can help with advice for Woodbridge Virginia. We have a family wedding to attend.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #190
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katallo View Post
Hi Shelby,

I haven't taken advantage of this offer and hope you can help with advice for Woodbridge Virginia. We have a family wedding to attend.
That hotel gets great ratings so I don't think you could go wrong with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. There aren't any other hotels in our group at least that are a close second choice (unless you don't mind staying 15 miles away). If you are up for the 15 miles away, I would go with the Staybridge as I personally love the setup and they of course have free breakfast too. I know when I was looking for rates for my Dad a while back it seemed in that area it was tricky to get the Friends and Family rate. But, it sounds like you won't be making a last minute reservation so you will have better odds. My family likes to travel last minute.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #191
Scrock
Earning My Ears

Subscribing
Old 05-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #192
ChicagoCarl
Bringer of Laughter

Dear Shelby, may I be your friend??

This will be my fourth year travelling to the great city of New Orleans. Last year I thoroughly enjoyed staying at Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne last year and will be staying there again this year. I have checked the F/F rate and discovered three names. Anthony, Steve and yourself. So my question is, if I may be so bold, is...

May I be your friend?
ChicagoCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #193
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCarl View Post
This will be my fourth year travelling to the great city of New Orleans. Last year I thoroughly enjoyed staying at Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne last year and will be staying there again this year. I have checked the F/F rate and discovered three names. Anthony, Steve and yourself. So my question is, if I may be so bold, is...

May I be your friend?
Absolutely Carl! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in New Orleans! I hope you get a better deal this year with the discount and have a fantastic trip.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #194
katallo
DIS Veteran

Hi, I took your advice and booked the Holiday Inn in Virginia. Thank you for sharing your discount. It's great. I've printed the Friends and Family Voucher. Do I just add your name and confirmation number and take it with me to the hotel? Thanks again!

Last edited by katallo; 05-19-2011 at 06:38 PM.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:54 PM   #195
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katallo View Post
Hi, I took your advice and booked the Holiday Inn in Virginia. Thank you for sharing your discount. It's great. I've printed the Friends and Family Voucher. Do I just add your name and confirmation number and take it with me to the hotel? Thanks again!
Yes. Just have a copy of the form handy just in case they ask for it at the front desk. I hope that you have a great stay and enjoy the wedding.