Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #136
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcanoli View Post
YOU ROCK! Thank you!

I just shared this thread with two of my girlfriends that are going the same weekend.

We are all trying to get some cheap rooms. You are the best. TY!
Shelby is definitely great, and we've used the link several times, but I thought I would mention something else to you since you said you were looking at 192 (Irlo Bronson). We just got back from a week in a house at Sunset Lakes.

The house is 5BR/4BA with a pool in a gated community (literally just a few minutes from Animal Kingdom via the Sherbeth Road shortcut). It backs up to one of the lakes. The owner was very accomodating. We paid $100 a night total, but that was for Christmas. He told me that he could be much more flexible for other dates. He also has a 4BR in Emerald Island (even a little closer to AK).

He lists on ebay. Here's a link to a current listing for the 5BR - http://cgi.ebay.com/Orlando-Disney-V...item45f801a594

Depending on how long you're staying, you and your friends might want to go in together. Just a thought.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #137
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseshowmom View Post
Shelby is definitely great, and we've used the link several times, but I thought I would mention something else to you since you said you were looking at 192 (Irlo Bronson). We just got back from a week in a house at Sunset Lakes.

The house is 5BR/4BA with a pool in a gated community (literally just a few minutes from Animal Kingdom via the Sherbeth Road shortcut). It backs up to one of the lakes. The owner was very accomodating. We paid $100 a night total, but that was for Christmas. He told me that he could be much more flexible for other dates. He also has a 4BR in Emerald Island (even a little closer to AK).

He lists on ebay. Here's a link to a current listing for the 5BR - http://cgi.ebay.com/Orlando-Disney-V...item45f801a594

Depending on how long you're staying, you and your friends might want to go in together. Just a thought.
Wow! Thank you so much. I might be able to do this if more friends go.

I just e-mailed them! Thank you!
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #138
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcanoli View Post
Wow! Thank you so much. I might be able to do this if more friends go.

I just e-mailed them! Thank you!
In our case, there were only 4 of us (DH and I, our DD and her DH) in that big house!

DH and I took the downstairs master suite, and DD and her DH took the upstairs master suite. We LOVED the huge bathrooms (made it hard to come home to my own master bath ).

I picked that house because son-in-law wanted to fish and the owner gave me such a good deal. DH and SiL were very excited about the pool table, etc., but they never even took the covers off. We were just too busy.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #139
darrius1st
Mouseketeer

Bump Up
darrius1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #140
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

I just got back from staying at the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney and had the opportunity to stay in the section with the patios (it isn't the tower section) and they have a great pool view. I would highly recommend them (unless of course you don't like noise during the busy season as the pool was not busy when we were there). So, just wanted to let everyone know about that section. I really love that hotel and the staff is awesome.

I had some friends stay at the Orange Lake Resort which a lot of people have asked about in this thread. They liked it, but the resort is huge and having a car is pretty much mandatory. So, that is something to consider but it is very family friendly according to them and having the kitchenette was nice. So, I hope that information helps anyone who is trying to make a decision on where to stay.

I still like the proximity of the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney to the parks. It isn't the shortest walk to Downtown Disney and the surrounding area, but they have the buses that run as an alternative.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #141
leanne11
Always remember to use the net to store your loose items on the MIB ride

im getting this error....
We're sorry but the page you requested might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

NEW PRINCE --SEPT /09

Last edited by leanne11; 03-07-2011 at 12:02 PM.
leanne11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #142
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne11 View Post
im getting this error....
We're sorry but the page you requested might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
I just clicked on the link in my signature and it took me right to the page...so I am not sure why you got that error?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #143
leanne11

is there a voucher #?..ill try again...i got to 1 page that has yr name but cant seem, to get any farther...

NEW PRINCE --SEPT /09
Old 03-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #144
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
is there a voucher #?..ill try again...i got to 1 page that has yr name but cant seem, to get any farther...
So, you don't have the buttons below that list the terms and conditions, print rate voucher and book your reservation now? It may be something with your browser. I would recommend printing out a few vouchers to have on hand and then just filling them out as necessary since you have to fill them out anyway as the forms don't populate with data from your reservation.

We will figure this out...I just have a feeling it is your browser...
Old 03-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #145
leanne11

i deleted my browser history and got in fine...thnx

NEW PRINCE --SEPT /09
Old 03-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #146
Rupert B Puppenstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i deleted my browser history and got in fine...thnx
That is great news!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #147
lam
Mouseketeer

OMG

I wish I'd seen this thread BEFORE I booked my I-drive hotel!!

I'm going off to do the 'maths' to see if worthwhile cancelling/re-scheduling the booking and using this code instead!!

Thanks

lam
lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #148
leanne11

what do i put on the voucher??
IHG Employee*

NEW PRINCE --SEPT /09
Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #149
richmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
what do i put on the voucher??
IHG Employee*
If you click the link that gets you to the friends and family page, the webpage that comes up shows the name to put on the voucher.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #150
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

Can someone repost the link or tell me what posting # it is? All the ones I see have been removed on the first page?
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote