Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Talking We're Bringing Who To WDW!? OR Trying To Break the Curse! !

Well, I swore I would never write another pre-trip report. But I am so overwhelmed that I think this may be the best way to keep me sane until we leave!! First a little background and then I will introduce part of the cast, as well as the curse.

We have a really hard time getting to WDW. We have been to Disneyland multiple times (over 50 for me and almost 30 for my daughter). We went to WDW for the first time last September. We stayed at SOG, as my son in law is in the US Army. Bye the way, I am not so fond of the Army.

We loved SOG. The rooms are HUGE, clean, nicely decorated and affordable. It really has the feel of a disney deluxe property, and it used to be one. One thing we didn't enjoy so much was the employees. There is a vast difference between the employees at SOG and the Disney cast members. When we walked from SOG to the poly, we were surprised at how many similarities there were. Same type of flooring, both had a water fall, very comfortable lobbies. After that not so much the same.

After three days, we were in the poly lobby after we ate at capn cookes for lunch. Well, we walked by the DVC desk....... That was all it took. We saw the AKV models and fell in love. Hard!

Since that time we did a small AK add on, a b,l,t, add on and we are done for at least a few years. Since then we have planned/reserved/cancelled about 5 wdw trips. I bet you can guess the reason for the cancellations?! Yep...the U.S. Army I am not so fond of.

We did go back over Easter for my son in laws R&R from Iraq. We had the trip planned for May, concierge/developer point mix with deluxe dining. Well in March Travis called to tell us his R&R was changed to April, over EASTER! So we did what any disappointed dis'er would do....got on the phone immediately to try to work out a trip over Easter.

Travis, Rachel and the boys were at wdw for 18 days and I joined them for the last nine days. We couldn't get any dining reservations, except two, so we changed to QS. Since then we have cancelled a July trip, our December/Christmas trip and are barely holding on to our February concierge trip.

Now for this trip. We will be traveling August 21-29. That just changed today bye the way It was going to be the 22-29. Next post will be introductions and it will get a wee bit more interesting I hope!

So, why this pre trip report?? Because part of the cast of characters will be my ex-husband and his girlfriend!! Hence the need to stay sane somehow.

Thanks eandesmom!!!
SunnieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:43 AM   #2
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

I wont be posting pictures of my ex or his girlfriend in this post as I have not asked their permission. Also, if I have to ask there permission, I may not be able to say what I really want to say, so I'll see how this goes the next few weeks and maybe I'll be able to ask after all.

So, now on to who I can introduce. If you read my last pre trip report you know I was VERY sick prior to our trip. I almost didn't want to go as I was feeling so horrible. Infortunately it never got better as the trip progressed. I just kept getting sicker and sicker. Since I don't have even a hint of anything right now, I will tempt the Gods, whoever those disney gods may be and post this report!

First up is Rachel. She is a full time student, my daughter and Mommy to my two wonderful grandsons!! Since I don't have recent pictures uploaded to my notebook, these will be anywhere from 7 to 11 months old. Sorry, I will rectify that in future chapters!!

Rachel cut her teeth going to Disneyland (we lived in CA). Her first trip was at 18 months old and she did GREAT!! She was an easy going toddler and loved everything, including the characters. She was mesmerized by the parade. It was country fair days, or something like that, and she won a pink stuffed bear all by herself!! Rachel rocks!!

These were both taken last September!! As you can see Lilo and Jacob had a true love fest goin' on!!

Next, the boys!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2009, 04:01 AM   #3
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Next up is Jacob!! He is 18 months old, went to wdw for the first time when he was 7 months old. This will be his THIRD trip!! Guess I brought up Rachel right.

This is him with Daddy, as he was getting ready to deploy last Jan. He is his Mother reincarnated. This child has never met a stranger and KNOWS the world revolves around him. He is our comic relief and loves to dance to Imagination Movers, can do Steve's Blues Clues Dance and climbs as much as he walks. I love him, he makes me laugh!!

His big brother is Connor!! Connor is his Dad's mini me! It's amazing. Connor LOVES his computer. He went to wdw for the first time at 3 years and two weeks old. He cried when he couldn't ride EE, BTMRR and SM, He had a fantastic time! I was very pleasantly surprised, as he has some sensory issues. He is doing great this year though!! We just had to put him on a gluten free diet. Poor baby he misses a lot of his favorite things. This will be a new challenge for the trip! He amazes me with his reasoning skills! He go wii for his birthday and seems to like it so far!

This is my favorite picture of Connor as it wasn't even a EMH morning. Look how empty it is!!

Travis wont be with us this trip, so that's the boys!!

Coming up next, me and the curse! Hmmm wonder if that foretells the true story?

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:37 AM   #4
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Well, that leaves me.. I am older than dirt. Actually I turned 52 last month. I moved to Texas to be close to Rachel and the boys when she was very newly pregnant with Jacob. We didn't even know at that point if he was a Jacob or a Jennifer. We thought that it would be nice for me to be around the boys and that I could hopefully help some when Travis is deployed. So, we bought a house and we all live together.

This is us watching the parade last September:

This is really cute of Jacob!!

Now for the curse. I don't know of too many people who change plans, cancel trips, or invite their ex's to wdw. I can honestly say that this trip would never have included them if it were not for his girlfriend! Becca is the most wonderful person in the world!! We had invited them to go on the trip in May. They wanted to see Travis, as well as the fact that they have never been to wdw. They live in CA. I', sure you all know how hard CA has been hit by the recession. Well, first they were going, then they couldn't afford it. We told them we would change dining plans to QS, their only expense along with airfare as they were going to stay on our points at SSR and we were going to get their military ticets. They just didn't feel the time was right.

Well, we ended up having to re-arrange things anyway, and they couldn't go in April. Rhen they were going to go with us in December. No go, they suddenly couldn't afford that either.

Hmmm Becca said, we could go in September though!! This was Rachels response, then she said, "As long as you're going Rebecca."

This was my response. The reason for that response......we are staying at AKV and they only had our 1-bedroom available! THERE ARE NO STUDIOS available!. Ummm ahhhh alrighty then.

So, first shock over. Sleeping arrangements. Alright, Rachel, Jacob and I are sleeping in the bedroom, Connor on the pull-out chair and Rebecca and Vidal will be on the fold out couch. Alrighty then........

Now, we had dining plans made for deluxe dining. It was all arranged. Then we found out they could afford it, but wouldn't really have any fun money. So.....guess what? Yeppers QS for us. Since it's going to be food and wine during the last few days of our trip that actually sounds very do-able anyway!

So, pick a curse, any curse. Plague or pestulance, we;ve experienced it all.

I'll try to upload some newer pictures tomorrow or the next day!!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

I"m in.... I"m a little confused tho... are you heading out august 2010? If so, My cousin and I will be too!!! I"m so excited...

I can't wait to hear about your ADR's.... Keep the photos coming.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:26 AM   #6
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
I"m in.... I"m a little confused tho... are you heading out august 2010? If so, My cousin and I will be too!!! I"m so excited...

I can't wait to hear about your ADR's.... Keep the photos coming.
Sorry I confused you! We are going in 23 days!!!! I wish I was going to be there when you are!! Loving your trip report bye the way! Thanks for stopping by!!!

We have a ton of reservations (we were going to do deluxe), so now its just deciding what to keep and what to give away to dis'ers!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
Zeebs
DIS Veteran

Thought I would join in seeing you were kind enough to read some of my trip report

How nice you were able to move in with your daughter to help out. My family live in New Zealand 24 hours away and my inlaws live in Scotland 6 hours away. It was hard when my first was born not having help close by. Still difficult now sometimes but I have made some great friends so if need be I can still get a babysitter occassionally.

Kirsten
Old 08-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Sorry I confused you! We are going in 23 days!!!! I wish I was going to be there when you are!! Loving your trip report bye the way! Thanks for stopping by!!!

We have a ton of reservations (we were going to do deluxe), so now its just deciding what to keep and what to give away to dis'ers!!
DELUXE... I cannot wait to hear which restaurants you chose for your ADR"s.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Hey I just noticed you started this The accomadations do sound as if things could get a bit interesting However, it's Disney World and I'm sure you'll have a great time. If the room gets too small you can always head out to the balcony and look at the animals, right and at least you got the king size bed Anyway, can't wait to hear more details about your plans.
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebs View Post
Thought I would join in seeing you were kind enough to read some of my trip report

How nice you were able to move in with your daughter to help out. My family live in New Zealand 24 hours away and my inlaws live in Scotland 6 hours away. It was hard when my first was born not having help close by. Still difficult now sometimes but I have made some great friends so if need be I can still get a babysitter occassionally.

Kirsten
Thank you!!! Actually I am the lucky one as I get to be with my grandchildren!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
DELUXE... I cannot wait to hear which restaurants you chose for your ADR"s.
Well, I will list the reservations we have, but I have no idea what we'll end up doing as we would need to pay for our "guests" dining and tips. We may HAVE to switch to basic. But, at least we'll still be at wdw!!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Our trip was going to take place in June, no, wait a minute...August, no, October would be nicer, say around mid October. You know, maybe we should go for Christmas instead.....

Well all I can say is, if there is a blacklist at Member services, WE are on it. Maybe even at the top of the list. Between the army, toddlers, my daughters school and my work, we cancel more trips then we will ever be able to take. I am VERY sure our concierge Christmas cancellation made someone very happy! We're great at planning in advance. The army just decides to change things two or three months out, on a regular basis.

Travis was supposed to be able to go on this trip with us, but now that isn't working out

How, do you ask, did it end up with the cast of characters we have planned for this trip? Well my ex husband lives in CA. He only gets to see the boys once or twice a year. When Rachel started talking about taking he and Rebecca to wdw, I said, "Great, I'll just sit this trip out and you, Travis and the boys can go with your Dad and Becca."

Rachel came up with an alternative. Her idea, "You know Mom, we could all go. We could get a one bedroom at Kidani and we could get my Dad and Becca a studio at AK lodge".

Hmmm, now that actually sounded like a great idea!! I could have space away from my ex, but still see him interact with the boys, get some great pictures, see Rebecca whom I love to pieces. You know, that sounds pretty great!! Only thing is, Murphy raised his mighty head.

"Mom, I have to tell you something. There are not any studios available on our new dates. The only way this will work is to share a place."

"No problem Rachel, I'll just bow out of this trip."

"Mom, Travis can't go and I really need your help with the kids. I don't want to cancel on Dad and Becca again."

Was my response!

You know I really love my daughter and my grandsons. I love them a lot. If I continue to focus on that, I may get through the week. Barring that, I'll run away from home!

Up next, our park schedule and the restaurants we have booked for deluxe dining, vs counter service.

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Hey I just noticed you started this The accomadations do sound as if things could get a bit interesting However, it's Disney World and I'm sure you'll have a great time. If the room gets too small you can always head out to the balcony and look at the animals, right and at least you got the king size bed Anyway, can't wait to hear more details about your plans.
Well thank you for stopping by!! I hate to say I don't have the same flair you do for a great story, but I think it is a bit peculiar anyway!!

I must say that I am VERY happy that we will be at AKV!! Not only will we have great views, but there are a lot of fantastic common areas where I can "escape" if need be! There are also 2 bathrooms!!!

More plans coming up!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:28 AM   #13
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

BREAKING NEWS! ! ! !

Rachel just gave me a great surprise!!! We are not leaving on the 22nd. We are leaving on August 21!! We are spending a night at The Wilderness Lodge Villas, before we transfer to AKV!!! It is another place I have always wanted to stay!!! Since I lived my life in CA until a couple of years ago, it reminds me of home! Have I told you how wonderful my daughter is??

Since we are arriving on the 21st now, we will be able to do something with the kids that afternoon. We figure a great idea would be to head on the boat to the magic kingdom! We will probably be tired, but three or four hours will give us a taste of the week to come!

I think we will eat at Pinnochios Village Haus, as they have gluten free pizza for Connor. I was pleasantly surprised that a lot of disney restaurants have gluten free choices! For counter service, you don't even have to let them know ahead of time. How cool is that?!

Our plan is to head back to the wilderness lodge and watch the fireworks from the beach. If we find ourselves too tired to go to the magic kingdom (in other words if the kids are too worn out), we will just relax, swim and maybe go to the sing along! I am so excited that I will get to see this resort! Rachel is most excited about seeing the lobby of the wilderness lodge!!

Up later, our plans for day 2!!!

Either way,, it is sure to be a fun day!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:32 AM   #14
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

i have the feeling this is going to get good! im in it for the long haul! with all the arranging and re-arranging ... cancelling and changing!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #15
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
i have the feeling this is going to get good! im in it for the long haul! with all the arranging and re-arranging ... cancelling and changing!
Welcome and thank you so much for joining in!! To be quite honest I have NO idea how this will all turn out, but a week at disney is worth all the stress of getting there!! Now, if it will be worth dealing with my ex? Hmmmm it will take time to figure that one out!!

Hopefully this will overcome our trip cancelling curse for now.........

Thanks eandesmom!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: