Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #16
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

All Magical Express guests may go to the carousels and bring their baggage to the bus by not using yellow cardboard Magical Express tags.

For arrivals after 10 PM, all Magical Express guests must go to the carousels and bring their baggage to the bus.

The Side B Magical Express baggage counter where you find the Magical Express hostess (or host) is the welcoming area, located on the lowest level at the end of the airport terminal away from the Hyatt Hotel. Guests arriving before 10 PM who did not get or use yellow baggage tags may present their airline baggage claim checks there to have Magical Express deliver baggage not in your hands automagically to your room. Any baggage you brought down there you have to take on the bus and to the resort yourself.

If you clear customs in Orlando, you may or may not be able to take your bags right out of the customs station to the monorail and to the Magical Express bus. If the agent insists, you have to put the luggage on the other conveyor belt, take the monorail to the main terminal, go to the carousels, and get your baggage there. Baggage must have been airline checked and must be put on the other conveyor belt to receive automagical delivery to your room.

Yellow Magical Express baggage tags are not used when going home. Remove them when checking out of the resort.

Shoot for being back at your resort an hour before your Magical Express bus back to the airport which in turn should be about 4 hours before your flight leaves. You need to be at the Magical Express bus platform 15 minutes before the published bus time, with baggage, children, etc.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 11-02-2009 at 01:00 PM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #17
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilld View Post
Be warned - that from checking in at the Magical Express desk to arriving at the Beach Club last week took nearly 2 hours!

I queued ages for the bus, waited even longer for it to fill, then went to Pop, PORS and Yacht Club before the Beach Club - I had lost the will to live by then and would never use it again.

I would definitely pay the money for a cab.
IKWYM! In April, it too over an hour and a half to get to AKL - and I had the mother of all migraines... Goodness knows why I didn't learn my lesson then as, in September, it took nearer 2 hours to reach the Contemporary AND we were in the company of seemingly 100s of conference delegates, all intent on checking in at the same time...

If I hadn't left DH to deal with the luggage and sprinted to the lobby, goodness knows how long it would've taken.

So next time I'm pre-booking a towncar as a treat to myself...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #18
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
... and I had the mother of all migraines ... we were in the company of seemingly 100s of conference delegates, all intent on checking in at the same time...
You could arrive by rental car or by town car and find the company of seemingly 100's of conference delegates from previous Magical Express buses, all intent on checking in at the same time.

If you had a room-only reservation you could leave the baggage with the bellhop and head off to the park. Then buy tickets or pick up will-call tickets or use the tickets you brought, and hopefully find a shorter line at the check in desk when you get back to the resort that evening.

OT: For some strange reason I seem to get headaches in hot weather but if I had frequent drinks of water then I get fewer of them.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #19
gilld
Will just have the butler open her champagne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashoreCM View Post
If you had a room-only reservation you could leave the baggage with the bellhop and head off to the park. Then buy tickets or pick up will-call tickets or use the tickets you brought, and hopefully find a shorter line at the check in desk when you get back to the resort that evening.
After a nine hour flight and a 2-2/12 journey from the airport, the last thing I would want to do is go to a park. I just wnat my room and my bed!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #20
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashoreCM View Post
You could arrive by rental car or by town car and find the company of seemingly 100's of conference delegates from previous Magical Express buses, all intent on checking in at the same time.

OT: For some strange reason I seem to get headaches in hot weather but if I had frequent drinks of water then I get fewer of them.
TBH by the time I set foot inside whichever WDW resort I'm staying at, I've been up for circa 15 hours and in transit for 14 so not really in the 'head off to the park' frame of mind. I know that's not the same for everyone but, for me, the Magical Express service doesn't really do what it says on the tin - it has no magical properties nor express-like speed and it turns out that's important to my family and I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilld View Post
After a nine hour flight and a 2-2/12 journey from the airport, the last thing I would want to do is go to a park. I just wnat my room and my bed!
What she said!!!
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: