Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #571
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Slooooooowly making our way back towards the exits, we stopped by the American Idol board and I told the boys to give me their best, “I’m going to Hollywood baby!”

Yeah, they need to work on that I think.

Couldn’t resist grabbing this one….. any other Losties out there?

This shot with the lights looked much better on my camera then it turned out here. Oh well.

Ariana’s favorite Princess…..

And then we were finally at the end of our last day of our trip, at the last park of the trip and the last picture of the night.

That about sums it up, don’t you think?

Next up: Favs and Not-so-Favs of DHS day, Departure Day and Last Thoughts
Old 03-16-2010, 04:07 AM   #572
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Another great update, loving all your pics.

You guys sure do love TSM I can't believe how many times you rode it in one day. Can it be that the hype has died down at last?

I know what you mean about Sci Fi and their "waiting area", from what I remember there is one bench against the wall and thats about it?

Ooh me me, I'm a Lost-y and I am loving Season 6 so far, but am still like WTH at most parts. DF thinks that they are not going to wrap everything up like they said because theres not enough time. I sure hope they at least wrap up the important questions though.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #573
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

awww, what a sad last picture! that is truly the way i feel on the last day in the last park
ive never tried sci-fi but im vowing to make it a point on my sept. trip! i love all your photos of one mans dream. that exhibit always consumes me... i could stay in there all day! to me, walt feels like a long lost uncle or grandpa.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #574
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great update!!! (as usual)

Love all your pictures!! Yay for riding TSM again...and again! How fun!

Ooohhh...I really want to try Sci-Fi!! It sounds like you had a great time!!

Those are some really sad faces in your last pic! But...I can totally understand...the last day is always sooo sad!!

Aww...I can't believe your TR is almost finished! I've enjoyed reading it so much! I'm looking forward to your last thoughts.....

Old 03-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #575
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

You know, I didn't like the Cowboy one as much as I wanted to - but I think it was just that I had an awful actor, so the ride wasn't as good as it usually is.

And thank you for pointing out which side was you! Twice!

I think you may have done better than me.. I forget.

I need to go in One Man's Dream - I think I'd appreciate it a lot more now.

And is that the Writer's Stop? Or Starring Rolls? Does either of those sound familiar?

And yum! 50's Prime Time looks good - I liked it when I went, but nobody else seemed to..

Everyone does look sad.. but at least no one was crying, right?
Old 03-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #576
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Another great update, loving all your pics.

You guys sure do love TSM I can't believe how many times you rode it in one day. Can it be that the hype has died down at last?
Oh no, the lines are definately still very long. Ariana's GAC card allows us to line up in the FastPass line to avoid the crowds. She's not tooooo bad when it comes to long lines and crowds so we don't use the GAC when we don't have to, but that wait would be too much for her.

Quote:
I know what you mean about Sci Fi and their "waiting area", from what I remember there is one bench against the wall and thats about it?
That's it! You can't stray too far from that area either or you won't hear your name being called out and would be out of luck.

Quote:
Ooh me me, I'm a Lost-y and I am loving Season 6 so far, but am still like WTH at most parts. DF thinks that they are not going to wrap everything up like they said because theres not enough time. I sure hope they at least wrap up the important questions though.
Oh-ho! Now do you read DarkUFO or Vozzek or Erica like an obsessed viewer like me who must know what every single thing means, or are you normal?

There's only 9 episodes left (tonite!) so I also do think a few things will be left hanging, but that the biggies will be explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
awww, what a sad last picture! that is truly the way i feel on the last day in the last park
ive never tried sci-fi but im vowing to make it a point on my sept. trip! i love all your photos of one mans dream. that exhibit always consumes me... i could stay in there all day! to me, walt feels like a long lost uncle or grandpa.
George and I have often talked about what we would do when we win the lottery. Having a Florida villa is one of the first things I'd buy and then I ... I mean, we could go whenever we want!

I was a little distracted in One Man's Dream, we kept getting separated from the kids and Demetri actually almost knocked a display over at one point and of course we missed the movie, so I definately need to get in their on my own for closer inspection. Long lost Uncle... a perfect description!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great update!!! (as usual)

Love all your pictures!! Yay for riding TSM again...and again! How fun!

Ooohhh...I really want to try Sci-Fi!! It sounds like you had a great time!!

Those are some really sad faces in your last pic! But...I can totally understand...the last day is always sooo sad!!

Aww...I can't believe your TR is almost finished! I've enjoyed reading it so much! I'm looking forward to your last thoughts.....
I've heard great things about Sci Fi at lunch, their burgers especially. When we get there next, that's what we'll do.

I can't believe I'm almost done too. It's been great recording the trip this way.... I sometimes go back and just re-read it to relive the memories and it makes me smile every time. I'm a sap at heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
You know, I didn't like the Cowboy one as much as I wanted to - but I think it was just that I had an awful actor, so the ride wasn't as good as it usually is.
I thought the same thing this time about the gangster one! It was a female gangster and by no means do I want to cause any offense to anyone, but it just wasn't the same when the gangster was wearing a skirt. A bunch of us in the car were giving the old sideways glances with our eyes to one another.... oh well. You can't win them all.

Quote:
And thank you for pointing out which side was you! Twice!

I think you may have done better than me.. I forget.
Heehee. Alex kills me on this ride.... no matter how many times I think I've done well and I must have done better than him this time.... nope. He beats me. Can you cheat on TSM?

Quote:
I need to go in One Man's Dream - I think I'd appreciate it a lot more now.
I think that's a big part of it for sure.

Quote:
And is that the Writer's Stop? Or Starring Rolls? Does either of those sound familiar?
Oooo, the Writer's Stop sounds right!

Quote:
And yum! 50's Prime Time looks good - I liked it when I went, but nobody else seemed to..
Oh not 50's Prime Time.... I'm not really digging that place.... Sci Fi! I can't remember, have you been to Sci Fi ??

Quote:
Everyone does look sad.. but at least no one was crying, right?
Well I won't say that no one was crying..... Perhaps, just perhaps, some glistening was going on.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #577
Stefy

I used to read the episode guides on the US website (as it took forever for the UK to get the series after the US), but now we are only one ep behind.

The last ep we watched was Ben-centric (Dr Linus). I have started to like Ben alot more since last season (with his funny quips). I think I am going to leave myself unspoiled this season and just be surprised. I think DF might have looked into a few things, he also said that there is another old character coming back soon apparently. He reads Gamefaqs boards and sees stuff on there about it.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #578
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Oh not 50's Prime Time.... I'm not really digging that place.... Sci Fi! I can't remember, have you been to Sci Fi ??
Ack! I'm sorry. I meant Sci-Fi. I always get the names mixed up. (And yet I remember Writer's Stop? )

I did like Sci-Fi! I went in.. 2006, I want to say? 2006 or 2007. It was fun! Although the movies, if you stay too long, get on your nerves.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #579
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Cute picture of the boys by AIE!

Glad you enjoyed the Sci Fi. It is one of our favorite restaurants. My parents get a kick out of those cheesy sci-fi movies. Can't wait to eat there again in April!

No, not the end!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #580
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I used to read the episode guides on the US website (as it took forever for the UK to get the series after the US), but now we are only one ep behind.

The last ep we watched was Ben-centric (Dr Linus). I have started to like Ben alot more since last season (with his funny quips). I think I am going to leave myself unspoiled this season and just be surprised. I think DF might have looked into a few things, he also said that there is another old character coming back soon apparently. He reads Gamefaqs boards and sees stuff on there about it.
Ah, you're caught up then. LOVED Dr. Linus. I don't read spoilers, just analyze the heck out of each episode after the fact. I don't even like watching the commercial previews! I'm with you, I want to be surprised and shocked as the events happen on my screen.

Quote:
Ack! I'm sorry. I meant Sci-Fi. I always get the names mixed up. (And yet I remember Writer's Stop? )

I did like Sci-Fi! I went in.. 2006, I want to say? 2006 or 2007. It was fun! Although the movies, if you stay too long, get on your nerves.
Yes! Just when we were on our maybe third loop of the movies, we were good to go. Likely, that's by design to get you out of there!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #581
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Cute picture of the boys by AIE!

Glad you enjoyed the Sci Fi. It is one of our favorite restaurants. My parents get a kick out of those cheesy sci-fi movies. Can't wait to eat there again in April!

No, not the end!
Whoops... hey Sarah! I knew you'd like the AIE picture. Those movies are so bad they're hilarious!

I don't want to end either.... but I'm excited to start a new one!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #582
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

What a fantastic day at DHS...

It feels like u did every attraction at the park.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #583
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Loved your day at dhs looks like you made it a great one! I've never done One Mans Dream it will be a must do this year. we go in Oct. and I just booked our room at Pop so it makes it feel more real that we are going back

Was that store the writers stop? I've never seen it but I'll look for it next time it looks fun.

That was very sweet of George to go start packing up while you got to spend more time at dhs.

Arianna's face definitely sums it up. Its so sad to leave the parks on your last night. We spent our last night at AK and walked VERY SLOWLY out to the car at the end of the night we were going straight home from the parking lot. As soon as we got to the car dh6 started crying really bad and screaming "I don't want to go home" which made me cry "I don't either"

Can't wait to hear your final thoughts and to hear about your next trip!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:25 AM   #584
Stefy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Ah, you're caught up then. LOVED Dr. Linus. I don't read spoilers, just analyze the heck out of each episode after the fact. I don't even like watching the commercial previews! I'm with you, I want to be surprised and shocked as the events happen on my screen.
See I thought that the US and UK were up to date. DF thought that you were one episode ahead of us. When does your eps air? Ours is every Friday.

Me and DF do sit there trying to work certain parts out, but most of the time its just too much and we just sit back and let the mystery unfold.

What did you think of Season 5? DF hated it what with the time travel and all. I must admit if you are gonna do time travel you should defo know what you are doing, otherwise you just confuse the heck out of people. Ooh also, how long before you realised (in Season 6) that all of them were now in the same timeline/era?
Old 03-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #585
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

The picture of your kids says it all........it's the last official day in the parks. I always hate that feeling you get when you know that it's almost over.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: