Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #556
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
hahaha, nice speeder bike!

Mmm, Pizza Planet. One of my favorite QS places though I always thought it would be cooler if it was more like the Pizza Planet in the movie.
It'd be cool if the perspective of the movie was the same for us in there.... like we're little Buzz and Woody's trying to get the heck out of there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Great update

You guys really love DHS and you looked like you had a great last day. Looking back through the pics, the one where you are all eating at Pizza Planet, how cute does Demetri look with pizza sauce round his chops

I know! I couldn't keep up with the napkins!

I love the last pic, v creative

Yep, sometimes we can be pretty silly

Looking forward to seeing where you went for dinner
It was a new place for us and it didn't disappoint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
YAY! An update!!

Love the picture of the boys wondering where the speeder bike went!! Too funny about making their own!!

People were laughing as they posed... somewhere out there are other versions of that picture.

I definitely agree about Playhouse Disney...cute show and Noah loved it!! But...they could really use some seats in there!! I think for the kids it's fine but for the adults it's a little bit harder being all smushed together! Hmm...maybe if they did something like the seating at Turtle Talk w/Crush but on a larger scale....

I'd be happy with that, I think George and I said as much to one another as we were ever so elegantly trying to unfold our limbs. Kids handle the dreaded "move in! move in!" direction to squish together better than adults.

Glad you enjoyed Toy Story Pizza Planet!! We like it there too and visit every time we are at DHS! I've heard a lot of bad reviews about the pizza but I think it tastes yummy! (at least the veggie one does)

I'm surprised it took us so long to get there. I remember one year trying to find it and for whatever reason we just couldn't so we ended up at the place right beside Star Tours.

Great pictures of Lights, Motor Action and Beauty and the Beast!!! As you can imagine my boys love the stunt show!! But...I'm hoping to talk them into Beauty and the Beast instead in April....it's not looking very promising as of yet.

Can't wait for more of DHS!!
Mmmmm, yes I can see where that might be a tough sell. Cars! Squealing Tires! Fire! Jumps! versus love, romance, dancing and kisses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post

"When Life hands you lemons...."

Kathy
That's about it eh? We find the fun in everything!
Old 03-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #557
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Great update! About emh we always do the evening emh and stay till the parks close. We are not morning people either and I want to have every minute in the park that we can so we always pick the one with emh.
We had never done the speeder bike before and we were excited to get a pic with it last year and it was gone when we got there too. I asked a cm who didn't know what I was talking about and he asked another one who said they were repainting it. I hope its there when we go in Oct.
We tried Pizza Planet in 2007 and I thought it was the worst pizza we had at Disney and we had alot. It looked good in your pics so maybe we'll try it again this year. Ds6 lives off of pizza at Disney.
I could do without the stunt show too but with a little boy we have to go everytime. And yes it is looong!
I can't wait to see what happens next I'm so sad the trip is almost over
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #558
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Great update! About emh we always do the evening emh and stay till the parks close. We are not morning people either and I want to have every minute in the park that we can so we always pick the one with emh.
We had never done the speeder bike before and we were excited to get a pic with it last year and it was gone when we got there too. I asked a cm who didn't know what I was talking about and he asked another one who said they were repainting it. I hope its there when we go in Oct.
We tried Pizza Planet in 2007 and I thought it was the worst pizza we had at Disney and we had alot. It looked good in your pics so maybe we'll try it again this year. Ds6 lives off of pizza at Disney.
I could do without the stunt show too but with a little boy we have to go everytime. And yes it is looong!
I can't wait to see what happens next I'm so sad the trip is almost over

Likely we'll stick with the evening EMH days unless anyone convinces me otherwise. I don't think we've ever stayed to the end before, but even just not having to worry about the throngs of people leaving at the same time is a perk.

Guess our timing sucked eh? Too bad they don't have more than one speeder bike so they could just switch them out once and a while....

Oh wow, really? The worst pizza ever? Oh I hope it's changed since your 2007 trip... I really did find it tasty. It wasn't identical, but it reminded me of the Pizzafari pizza in AK.... different then the other counter service or table service pizza options.

I'm sad to be wrapping up too, but I've dragged it on long enough that people going this August can use it for ideas!

Plus, I also have a new PTR to start soon ..... but more on that later!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:30 PM   #559
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post

Old 03-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #560
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Likely we'll stick with the evening EMH days unless anyone convinces me otherwise. I don't think we've ever stayed to the end before, but even just not having to worry about the throngs of people leaving at the same time is a perk.

Guess our timing sucked eh? Too bad they don't have more than one speeder bike so they could just switch them out once and a while....

Oh wow, really? The worst pizza ever? Oh I hope it's changed since your 2007 trip... I really did find it tasty. It wasn't identical, but it reminded me of the Pizzafari pizza in AK.... different then the other counter service or table service pizza options.

I'm sad to be wrapping up too, but I've dragged it on long enough that people going this August can use it for ideas!

YAY!!! excited for your PTR! since this is almost over
Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #561
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

I can't believe your TR is almost over, but am excited for your PTR. You must let me know as soon as you start it
Old 03-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #562
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
YAY!!! excited for your PTR! since this is almost over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
I can't believe your TR is almost over, but am excited for your PTR. You must let me know as soon as you start it
I'll have readers? Yay! I still think for me it's kinda early, but so much has happened lately for this dream trip that I need to start writing, er, typing it down!
Old 03-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #563
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll have readers? Yay! I still think for me it's kinda early, but so much has happened lately for this dream trip that I need to start writing, er, typing it down!

As soon as you decide to divulge, tell me the dates!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #564
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Demetri will try pretty much everything .... at least once anyway. Yay for Jean! Do you think Ella will try it next time since Jean liked it so much?
For the longest time after our trip Ella was still a maybe for some of the more intense rides like TOT for the next time, but recently another of her friends was at WDW and has raved about TOT among others so now she's looking forward to trying all the thrills that she missed on the first visit

Wonderful pics of Beauty & the Beast And I also agree that the seating at Playhouse Disney leaves a lot to be desired Love the improvised speeder pics

Sorry that this TR is almost done, but I'd love to hear all about your upcoming dream trip!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #565
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post

As soon as you decide to divulge, tell me the dates!
I'm excited for a DIS meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
For the longest time after our trip Ella was still a maybe for some of the more intense rides like TOT for the next time, but recently another of her friends was at WDW and has raved about TOT among others so now she's looking forward to trying all the thrills that she missed on the first visit
Great! Funny how it takes someone else telling them it will be fun for kids (and husbands! ) to believe things sometimes! She's going to have so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Wonderful pics of Beauty & the Beast And I also agree that the seating at Playhouse Disney leaves a lot to be desired Love the improvised speeder pics

Sorry that this TR is almost done, but I'd love to hear all about your upcoming dream trip!
I can't wait to get started on it!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #566
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

The difference in crowds seems to be making a difference, you're getting a lot done!

I've seen LMA once I think....and it was HOT....so you definitely have to time it right.....for sure.

Muppets needs an update for sure, but holds a nostalgic place in my heart.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #567
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
The difference in crowds seems to be making a difference, you're getting a lot done!

I've seen LMA once I think....and it was HOT....so you definitely have to time it right.....for sure.

Muppets needs an update for sure, but holds a nostalgic place in my heart.
I tried to like Muppets 3D, I really, really did. But it just wasn't for me sadly. I think I heard some chatter about it being totally re-done but I'm not sure.... ?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #568
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I tried to like Muppets 3D, I really, really did. But it just wasn't for me sadly. I think I heard some chatter about it being totally re-done but I'm not sure.... ?
With the Muppets getting more publicity lately, it would be nice to get a remodeled Muppets attraction....
Old 03-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #569
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

After the make-your-own-speeder-bike fun, we moved along to our next attraction, the Great Movie Ride. I really like the look of this theatre.

We snaked thru the interior line that moved quite quickly to the giant movie room where we caught brief glances of the movies about to be showcased on the ride.

I’ve only seen the gangster version of this ride, never the cowboy. I was really hoping to see a new version…..

Alas, it was the gangster one again. Maybe next time!

On the way out, something caught Ariana’s eye and she moved in closer to check it out….. ah! The Jungle Book! A favorite!

Next up?

From Expert to Beginner, Everyone’s a Winner! Love it! Those popsicle sticks are perfect!

I’m on the LEFT Danica!

Something new at the end of ride, I hadn’t seen this before.

Heading back down Sunset Boulevard, I grabbed another shot of my beloved brooms. I’ve yet to try the Brown Derby…. I’ve always heard great things about it, but I’m leery of the two credits needed on the dining plan. Mmmmmm, decisions, decisions.

A couple of shop shots along the way…. you know, I don’t think I’ve ever gone inside!

And we were back to the runaway elevator….

And the rockin’ road trip…..

This time around, we opted to split up…. George taking Demetri onto the ToT and Alex, Ariana and myself going to RnR Coaster.

After Alex channeled his inner Steven Tyler….

We were on our way!

In the gift shop I really liked these pink bobbly Mickey Heads.

Whoops! Alex is once again channeling Steven Tyler… or something.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST....

Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #570
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Back up Sunset Boulevard and it was time to check out One Man’s Dream. I loved the displays in here and Demetri was enjoying his role as Vanna White pointing out everything for y’all.

(See the Mickey Head in this one? Hint, it's upside down!)

It was quite a feat getting Ariana to leave this particular display.

We didn’t stay for the movie, we had one more thing we wanted to do before it was getting close to our ADR…. Can you guess?

Again, Danica, I’m on the LEFT.

At this point we bid adieu to George. He was heading back to the Pop to get a head start on our packing… (and likely grab a nap too!) We were leaving fairly early the next morning and he wanted us to enjoy the rest of the evening not having to worry about that last minute scramble to pack up.

Slowly walking towards the restaurant, we were about 20 minutes early, so we ducked into a little shop that had tea and snacks and books and this little seating area….

Anyone know where this is? I’ve forgotten the name….?

MinnieNurse! I laughed when I saw this on the TV and had to take the picture …. I miss you!

Anyways, soon enough it was time to head over to…..

The Sci Fi Dine In Theatre!

This place was a hoot! My only complaint was the check in. The waiting area is simply too small for such a popular place. You quickly run out of places to sit and then you quickly run out of places to stand. The spill over outside the door was crazy, at least on the night we were there and several times I had to listen for a second time the names they were calling out. No buzzers at this place, unless they normally have them and they happened to not be working on the night we were there…..?

Anyways, once seated, we had a fabulous time! Our server was fantastic and had a great sense of humor. After proclaiming to the people in front of us their gracious offer of covering our meals, he was very quick to recommend great dishes and quickly bring our drinks.

Settled in and ordered up…..

We sat back and watched the cheesiness that was on the big movie screen.

My butcher steak, cooked perfectly.

Demetri and Alex gave their dinners two thumbs up.

Dessert, peanut butter and chocolate cake for me…. Vanilla ice cream for the kiddies…..

And it was time to head out. We very much enjoyed our Sci Fi experience!

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: