Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #541
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
He was v cool, wonder what products Disney has of him, would be cool to have him as a plush
Oh he would be cute to have. A trip to the Disney Store is in order I think.... they'll have plenty of Alice items right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
It may be awhile before you see my DHS pix.....
Good things come to those who wait.... and wait.... and just for fun, wait some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
i agree, the cheshire cat was AWESOME!
If i had to pick a favorite character though, i would have to go with the mad hatter ... jonny depp does such a terrific job with all of his characters!
At the end of the day, I asked Ariana if she liked the movie. She gave me an emphatic, "yes!" I asked her who did she like best from the movie. She answered, "Hatter.... he's Jack!"
Old 03-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #542
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

I have looked in the UK stores and all they have available is a Cheshire Cat ring. Maybe you will have better luck
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #543
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
I have looked in the UK stores and all they have available is a Cheshire Cat ring. Maybe you will have better luck
I haven't made it there yet, but a ring sounds intriguing. I asked a friend of mine today who went to the Disney Store to buy a Dopey plushie and she said there weren't many Alice things there. That's disappointing.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #544
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Today’s update marks the start of our last full day of our Ten Sleeps trip . We’d come back to DHS on a non-Fantasmic day and the crowd levels were noticeably lower. Our family has only ever done August/September trips and I’ve always scheduled our park days on EMH days to give us longer times to roam in the parks….. so crowds have always been second nature to us. I’m considering booking our schedule for our next trip away from EMH to see the difference it would make, but I’m not sure I want to give up those extra available hours that help us stick with our slow and leisurely pace. As you can tell if you’ve been reading along all this time, we are not morning people. We enjoy the ability to sleep in and wander the parks in the evenings.

So, EMH or no? Thoughts or preferences anyone?

Anyhoo, back to the update. We arrived at DHS bright eyed and bushy tailed at the rub your eyes early time of 10am.

We’d discussed a game plan for the day on the bus ride over. We were going to head over to Toy Story Mania first thing, we had an ADR at 6:30pm …. and that was it. Whatever else we wanted to do, we’d do it.

So, within five minutes of arriving at the park, we’d scratched the first item off our list.

I can’t remember who was sitting beside me this first round, either Ariana or Demetri.

Next was a slow stroll over to Playhouse Disney Live on Stage!

I love that wall.

This show is so much fun, but along with everyone else I’ve heard talk about it, I’ll chime in and proclaim they need seats, benches in here, anything!! I don’t like sitting cross legged on the floor and I was fidgeting a lot. I forget the finer details of the storyline, but I believe the characters from the four shows were helping prepare a party for Minnie.

First up…. Meeska, Mouska,….. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!

Then it was time for Handy Manny! This is currently one of Demetri’s favorite shows. He’s learning a lot of Spanish.

Next was the Little Einsteins. This show has been wonderful introducing him to classic works of art, opera, historical structures and famous places in the world. It’s amazing what he remembers.

Finally it was turn for My Friends Tigger and Pooh. I wasn’t a big fan of the show at first but Darby has grown on me and Lumpy has always been a favorite character!

In the end, Minnie’s party is a resounding success thanks to everyone working together. Awwwwww.

Stretching our legs and squinting our eyes against the bright summer sun, we walked past this

And this (she seriously wasn’t doing anything!)

To get to this

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST....
Old 03-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #545
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

We were early but didn’t mind the wait, this is one our favorite things to do at DHS. Our view was front row, centre.

It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair as the dining room proudly presents – your dinner! --Lumiere

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I always love it when they hand out the rose at the end of the performance. They haven’t picked us yet – maybe next time!

It was just past noon now and we were looking for some lunch. I’d wanted to go to Pizza Planet, (new for us!) but asked everyone if they wanted to do anything different. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Ok! Pizza Planet it is!

Very yummy pizza and a very fun counter service. We didn’t play any of the games though… if I let them loose on those babies, we’d be there all night!

Next up was a meet and greet with Lightning McQueen and Mater. This was the first time, from what I can remember, that they had their own area for pictures. My last set of pictures just showed them coming out of big wooden gates with a painting of Radiator Springs on it. The problem at this point in time however, was the lines for pictures was incredibly long and we had a Stunt Show to get to. Last year, Demetri had been very excited to see Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show but it had rained out. He’d been looking forward to it this year and the weather had been perfect for it. But now he was faced with either going to the stunt show, or visiting and getting his picture taken with McQueen and Mater, his all time favorites.

So, what do you think he chose?

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST....
Old 03-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #546
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Well, he chose the stunt show. But we couldn’t let the photo-op go completely to waste, so we took a picture of someone else’s visit

and grabbed a quick shot of Mater in between guest visits from the side where the roped off area was….

... and lastly, a quick shot of Demetri standing in front of the roped off area just before another guest got set up. Just ignore those random people, will you? Thanks!

So on we went to the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show! I could give or take this show. I’ve seen it a few times now and while it’s an extremely cool show to watch, for my taste it’s a little long and it’s very hot sitting there. Add in the fire element of the show and depending on where you’re sitting, you have to check if your eyebrows are still there after some parts.

The boys love it though, and while Ariana and I could have gone somewhere else for a little bit, I wanted to get some pictures and video as a keepsake so we stayed. And no, I couldn’t have given the camera to one of them to take pictures …. That’s just crazy talk!

So boys, what did you think of the show?

We backtracked a little bit to go see Muppet Vision 3D, another new thing for us. I remember my parents watching the Muppet Show when I was younger and I have this fleeting memory of bird muppets bouncing up and down on a wire singing to ABBA’s Take a Chance on Me. Never been a big fan. Ariana, on the other hand, really enjoys the Muppet videos given to her, and so here we were.

And then out we went. I think I’m in the minority here, and even Alex disagreed with me, but I thought it was horrendously bad. I won’t dwell on it, but I won’t ever be seeing it again. I’ll wait outside by the annoying Miss Piggy fountain.

Moving on, we went next to Star Tours. I once again mischievously begged off this ride so Daddy would go with them and watched some Jedi Training Academy while I waited. I always enjoy this show. The premise is the same, but the children are so unpredictable that you never know what will happen and it’s always funny.

I moseyed on over to Tatooine Traders and amused myself while waiting.

We were reunited and surprisingly I didn’t have to wait too long for them to get out of the shop. Lots of fun stuff in there, especially where they can take your picture and put you into various Star Wars scenes. Last year Demetri posed as a young star fighter and the picture turned out so well we actually bought it.

This year, we opted not to get anything at all and headed on over to the photo-op of the speeder bike. We’ve done this each year we’ve been and like to do funny poses and faces just to make it interesting. Imagine our surprise to find out it wasn’t there! What the heck?!

Not a sign, notice or anything to explain why it was missing. I’ve seen it on TRs since we were there so it must have just been out for refurbishment or something but boy, were we mighty miffed at first it was gone. Then we decided to make our own speeder bike to the amusement of other park guests.

Next up: More DHS!!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #547
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

You didn't mention what side of Toy Story Mania was your score..

Can you believe, even though it's my favorite movie, I still have yet to see the Beauty and the Beast show? That's definitely something I'll be doing in May.

And I love Pizza Planet! I've heard people say the pizza isn't good... but I've definitely had worse - I guess they don't remember school lunches!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #548
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Oh man, and I just laughed out loud at your recreation of the speeder bike!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #549
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

hahaha, nice speeder bike!

Mmm, Pizza Planet. One of my favorite QS places though I always thought it would be cooler if it was more like the Pizza Planet in the movie.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-12-2010, 03:12 AM   #550
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Great update

You guys really love DHS and you looked like you had a great last day. Looking back through the pics, the one where you are all eating at Pizza Planet, how cute does Demetri look with pizza sauce round his chops

I love the last pic, v creative

Looking forward to seeing where you went for dinner
Old 03-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #551
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

The best part about scheduling a Free Day is that you can do whatever you want with it! If relaxing is important, you can hang at the resort all day and if catching a bit more park time is in order, you can do that too!

Ariana immediately goes for those books the way Billy does with DVDs! ...An irresistible temptation!

Going back now for DHS Part II....

Kathy
Old 03-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #552
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

YAY! An update!!

Love the picture of the boys wondering where the speeder bike went!! Too funny about making their own!!

I definitely agree about Playhouse Disney...cute show and Noah loved it!! But...they could really use some seats in there!! I think for the kids it's fine but for the adults it's a little bit harder being all smushed together! Hmm...maybe if they did something like the seating at Turtle Talk w/Crush but on a larger scale....

Glad you enjoyed Toy Story Pizza Planet!! We like it there too and visit every time we are at DHS! I've heard a lot of bad reviews about the pizza but I think it tastes yummy! (at least the veggie one does)

Great pictures of Lights, Motor Action and Beauty and the Beast!!! As you can imagine my boys love the stunt show!! But...I'm hoping to talk them into Beauty and the Beast instead in April....it's not looking very promising as of yet.

Can't wait for more of DHS!!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #553
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post

"When Life hands you lemons...."

Kathy
Old 03-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #554
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
The best part about scheduling a Free Day is that you can do whatever you want with it! If relaxing is important, you can hang at the resort all day and if catching a bit more park time is in order, you can do that too!

Ariana immediately goes for those books the way Billy does with DVDs! ...An irresistible temptation!

Going back now for DHS Part II....

Kathy
George surprised me in the planning stages of this trip. He was the one who suggested we add on the extra days, not only to accommodate the water parks and DisneyQuest option, but to give us the leisure time too. I love having that flexibility.

She's too funny... she'll curl up on the floor in front of the bookstands and just make her way right threw them. Gentle reminders now and then to be careful with the pages and she's good to go.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #555
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
You didn't mention what side of Toy Story Mania was your score..

Can you believe, even though it's my favorite movie, I still have yet to see the Beauty and the Beast show? That's definitely something I'll be doing in May.

And I love Pizza Planet! I've heard people say the pizza isn't good... but I've definitely had worse - I guess they don't remember school lunches!
You'll definately enjoy the Beauty and the Beast show.... the wig on the Beast (in human form ) makes me cringe a little bit though. Not sure why, maybe that's just me.

I really liked Pizza Planet... we all did. I seem to remember thinking they needed to increase their selection of salad dressing choices but.... nothing wrong with anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Oh man, and I just laughed out loud at your recreation of the speeder bike!
We were giggling about that for a long time that day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: