Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #526
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

What a great day Isn't nice to have kids that sleep in? We have friends whose kids are always up by 7am regardless of how late they were up the night before. It makes it hard for them to do late nights at all since they have grouchy kids the next day. We are lucky that our girls will sleep in, it made it much easier to do the evening shows at Disney and not worry about having grumpy's the next day.

for Demetri trying TOT! Jean was anxious to try it too (Ella refused) and while it scared her more than she expected at the time, she now lists it as one of the highlights of our trip!

Isn't Fantasmic a great show?! We regularly watch it on youtube to get our fix
Old 03-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #527
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

i LOVED alice in wonderland!! it was so awesome! i got to see it in 3d and it was just terrific! or though, im in love with everything tim burton does. i just thought it was AMAZING!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #528
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
What a great day Isn't nice to have kids that sleep in? We have friends whose kids are always up by 7am regardless of how late they were up the night before. It makes it hard for them to do late nights at all since they have grouchy kids the next day. We are lucky that our girls will sleep in, it made it much easier to do the evening shows at Disney and not worry about having grumpy's the next day.

for Demetri trying TOT! Jean was anxious to try it too (Ella refused) and while it scared her more than she expected at the time, she now lists it as one of the highlights of our trip!

Isn't Fantasmic a great show?! We regularly watch it on youtube to get our fix
Oh it's definately an advantage when your kids will sleep in. Heck, I'm grouchy when I'm tired.

Demetri will try pretty much everything .... at least once anyway. Yay for Jean! Do you think Ella will try it next time since Jean liked it so much?

I asked Ariana the other day in what order were her favorite parks. DHS was third. Then I asked her what her favorite thing in each park was, and for some she thought about it before answering, but for DHS it was no hesitating - Fantasmic
Old 03-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #529
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
i LOVED alice in wonderland!! it was so awesome! i got to see it in 3d and it was just terrific! or though, im in love with everything tim burton does. i just thought it was AMAZING!
Well, we saw Alice in 3D and I absolutely loved it! The story was great, the characters were marvelously portrayed and the imagery was just incredible. I'd read a review that the ending was not very strong, but I completely disagree. It was fantastic.

Demetri did end up snuggling into my arm for a few tense moments at the beginning, but towards the end with another potentially scary scene, he tossed his hand at the screen and said, "Nah.... that's not scary!"

Highly recommend you go see it. The was incredible.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #530
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

We are going to see Alice either next week or the week after I like to wait till the crowds die down. I can't wait to see it I'm glad you gave it a thumbs up!
Old 03-07-2010, 07:43 AM   #531
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Yay for a sleep in day. I try to schedule at least one of those for our visits. If not, we know we'll be too tired to keep movin'. Look at Mr. Demetri trying new things....jumping in the pool and getting his face wet and riding Tower of Terror.

Your pictures of Hollywood Studios are great. You got some really good pictures!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #532
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

I saw Alice yesterday and think the same as you, it was brilliant.

Which character did you guys like the best? I think for me it was the Hatter hands down
Old 03-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #533
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Wow, what a great update! Love all your pictures of TSM. Gotta love all the details they have in there. Awesome day.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #534
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
We are going to see Alice either next week or the week after I like to wait till the crowds die down. I can't wait to see it I'm glad you gave it a thumbs up!
The theatre was definately full. The boys were off playing some video games before the movie started and Ariana and I had to fight off the masses from taking their seats.

Absolutely two thumbs up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
I saw Alice yesterday and think the same as you, it was brilliant.

Which character did you guys like the best? I think for me it was the Hatter hands down
Oh for sure the Hatter was the best character. Johnny Depp played it perfectly. Very eccentric but not over the top and not creepy. The White Queen made us laugh too just with her mannerisms....
Old 03-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #535
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yay for a sleep in day. I try to schedule at least one of those for our visits. If not, we know we'll be too tired to keep movin'. Look at Mr. Demetri trying new things....jumping in the pool and getting his face wet and riding Tower of Terror.

Your pictures of Hollywood Studios are great. You got some really good pictures!
Resort days are great. Ours usually turn into half days which works for me... otherwise I start getting antsy not being in a park. I will move it up in our itinerary next time though, I do think I scheduled it rather late.

Demetri definately keeps up with his big brother and sister, that's for sure! He's sooo excited about the rides he's tall enough now for our next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Wow, what a great update! Love all your pictures of TSM. Gotta love all the details they have in there. Awesome day.
Hey Sarah! I think my favorite part of the TSM queue is just before you jump on the cars to get going. It really looks like Andy's room and you feel like you're playing amongst all the toys.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #536
Stefy

The White Queen was and so was the Red, so funny, Helena is a great actress too and you could tell that she enjoyed the role.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #537
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
The White Queen was and so was the Red, so funny, Helena is a great actress too and you could tell that she enjoyed the role.
Oh and the Cheshire Cat! LOVED Chessie!!!! He's always been one of my all time fav Disney characters and he was done wonderfully in this movie.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:14 AM   #538
Stefy

He was v cool, wonder what products Disney has of him, would be cool to have him as a plush
Old 03-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #540
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Oh and the Cheshire Cat! LOVED Chessie!!!! He's always been one of my all time fav Disney characters and he was done wonderfully in this movie.
i agree, the cheshire cat was AWESOME!
If i had to pick a favorite character though, i would have to go with the mad hatter ... jonny depp does such a terrific job with all of his characters!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: